• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeonardSankar

How Far Do Wings Go?

Rate this topic

Wings can't possibly play the Kings before the WCF, unless Chicago manages a miracle and wins the next 3 games of the series.

Incorrect. The Wings cannot play the Kings except in the WCF. The Wings are #3 and the Kings are #7.

For the Wings and Kings to play, both teams have to advance. Beyond that we have #1 VAN vs #8 CHI and #4 ANA vs #5 NSH.

It can all be summed up simply as follows. If Detroit, LA, and Vancouver win, Vancouver plays LA. If Detroit and LA win, and Vancouver loses, Detroit plays Chicago.

Detroit vs LA does not occur before the third round.

Incorrect. The Wings cannot play the Kings except in the WCF. The Wings are #3 and the Kings are #7.

For the Wings and Kings to play, both teams have to advance. Beyond that we have #1 VAN vs #8 CHI and #4 ANA vs #5 NSH.

It can all be summed up simply as follows. If Detroit, LA, and Vancouver win, Vancouver plays LA. If Detroit and LA win, and Vancouver loses, Detroit plays Chicago.

Detroit vs LA does not occur before the third round.

Good point. I forgot that if Chicago, LA and Detroit wins, we'd be playing Chicago.

Guest Shoreline

I believe the Wings can win the cup finals, although statistically the percentage is not in their favour, I'm way more interested in enjoying this team's talent than worrying about how far they'll get. This team has a knack for winning games.

I believe the Wings can win the cup finals, although statistically the percentage is not in their favour, I'm way more interested in enjoying this team's talent than worrying about how far they'll get. This team has a knack for winning games.

Statistics mean little in hockey. The 'Yotes are a better team than the 'Hawks, but Vancouver failed at the sweep, and they're supposedly a superior team.

Guest Shoreline

Statistics mean little in hockey. The 'Yotes are a better team than the 'Hawks, but Vancouver failed at the sweep, and they're supposedly a superior team.

Statistics may mean little but unfortunately some large number of people have a mad obsession with them.

Statistics may mean little but unfortunately some large number of people have a mad obsession with them.

When it comes to the playoffs, I don't follow the statistics. Statistics would have said we'd beat the Ducks in 03. We've lost a lot of times where we were the statistically better team. I think this Wings team has something to prove. After last year, and how people were saying we're done, need to rebuild, this team is HUNGRY to prove that they were wrong.

Bring on the Sharks. They'll be so cocky in game one, because of last year. I bet we'll shell shock them and take the series in 5, maybe 6 games.

I actually feel better about our chances now than I did going into the thing, and not because I'm overconfident after we squashed an obviously inferior team. The Sharks seemed pretty daunting before they started playing LA, but having seen the run-around LA's given them, they don't seem as scary anymore. If they let the Kings score like that, I can't help but feel that we can slip a few in on them.

I still fear Nashville, but despite Vancouver's best attempts to lose, I think those two will end up playing each other in the next round, so we probably won't have to deal with them, at least not soonish. Anaheim's not even a concern. If we do play them, well, awesome.

As for a possible DET-VAN WCF, you know, I think we might actually just be able to do it. I'm actually more worried about Round 2 than the final at the moment...if we can win this one, I think we can make a pretty darn good run after that.

If we make it to the SCF, I think we've got a good chance there, too. Nobody in the East looks all that threatening...frankly, right now it looks like they're all having a competition to see who can lose the worst. I think the hardest to beat would be Pittsburgh, actually, just because they're the most familiar with our style. I would've thought the Flyers would match up well against us, but heck, I don't think they're going to make it out of the first round, so what do I know? I'd love for us to play Boston, if they decide they're tired of blowing 3 game leads (no, I will never let that go).

Right now there is an NHL.com poll asking the same question, "How far will the Red Wings go this year?"

Currently The Results are not so much in the Wings' favour.

Win the Cup:

29.70 %

Win the West:

27.73 %

Second round:

42.57 %

I guess the Wings sweeping the Yotes has done nothing to sway the seemingly "underdog" label.. well as Underdog as the Wings can be viewed I guess.