• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:49 AM

Yeah I understand he is a veteran and everything but with a cage on just stfu and sit down.

#22 Blaayze

Blaayze

Summer... wakeboard... can't wait.

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:53 AM

Yeah I understand he is a veteran and everything but with a cage on just stfu and sit down.

Exactly it! As a veteran, you would think he would know how to act at this point in his career. Guess not. That is what is so frustrating to me, this isn't his first time around this roller-coaster, he has to know what hes doing is stupid. :nonono:
Posted Image

#23 motorcitykid

motorcitykid

Red Wings DJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

Yes!! Helm is looking great out there and as another poster said he is definitely in Jovos head.
Meanwhile in the other 29 NHL cities, we keep hearing how the Wings are made up of 3 guys - Zata, Pavs and Lids. SMH.

The depth just keeps coming back to bite other teams in the ass. I could care less if it's the overhyped Canucks with that sieve in net, or anyone else we meet next round. Again and again, year after year, if the Wings are HEALTHY!!!! there is simply no team that can match up against us.

Kudos for mini-Draper Helm leading the young guns again this playoff!!

#24 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:01 AM

Kudos for mini-Draper Helm leading the young guns again this playoff!!

Not trying to kill the post, but this part is wrong. I know what you were saying here but Helmer is molding into his very own type of player that teams will definitely have to start planning for. His development with the Wings has probably been my favorite to watch in the history of the franchise. And that is saying an awful lot.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#25 LadyInRed

LadyInRed

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:49 AM

Watching those videos again make me love Helm even more!
I love how he stayed so calm & acted like he didn't give a s*** when Jovanovski grabbed his face, then banged him into the boards like a beast ;)

#26 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,532 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:54 AM

Is it just me or does it really seem eddy is playing more of a D-bag now with the cage than before? man i really hate him.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#27 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:00 PM

Epicnicity: [ep-ik-nis-i-tee] origin: HankthaTank-lo saxon
-adjective

Niiice.

Not trying to kill the post, but this part is wrong. I know what you were saying here but Helmer is molding into his very own type of player that teams will definitely have to start planning for. His development with the Wings has probably been my favorite to watch in the history of the franchise. And that is saying an awful lot.

Draper and Helm are quite opposite when it comes to demeanor. Helm is one of the quietest, soft spoken players on the team while Draper can't shut up to save his life, haha. It's kind of like that on the ice. Draper was quite the yapper and agitator. I don't think I've ever seen Helm yap at anyone.

#28 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

I love this! Hes clearly scared of helm! You could see it within the first 2 mins in game 3. Helm and jovo were after a puck and once he noticed it was helm he slowed up real fast helm took the puck right away and it led to salei goal.

#29 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:45 PM

He owned him. Beautiful hit.

Both hits were beautiful and the ******* that called the first one boarding needs to be slapped up side the head with a board. Maybe then he could figure out the difference boarding and a perfect kickass hit.
Woulda been funny if Helm gave the middle finger salute right up against Nutsack's cage when he grabbed Helmer's face.

#30 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:35 PM

Watching those videos again make me love Helm even more!
I love how he stayed so calm & acted like he didn't give a s*** when Jovanovski grabbed his face, then banged him into the boards like a beast ;)

Yea that second hit was a beauty! I laugh everytime I see it. He made Jovanovski fly two feet into the boards, telling him I'm not intimidated!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#31 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:11 PM

Also, that reaction by ALLL the Wings fans in the crowd on that Rusty goal is just epicnicity. New word ;)

watching this game I kept forgetting it was a road game. sweet!

#32 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:47 PM

God that cage pisses me off. I hope that if game 4 gets out of hand Bert peels that cage off his ugly face and re-breaks that orbital bone. See how tough he is then.

It would be funny to see Bert shatter the face of his best friend for acting like a little ***** against the Wings!

I love how he stayed so calm & acted like he didn't give a s*** when Jovanovski grabbed his face

Thats only because he was expecting a penalty call, like would have been called if jovo did that to a player on ANY other team. If Helm knew that wasn't going to be called, he probably would have thrown a few at jovo for that bulls***.

#33 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:49 PM

If Jovo keeps acting tough with his cage let someone crank him in the bottom of the cage after a whistle, ask him how his jaw feels.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:24 PM

Jovanovski smells.

#35 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:27 PM

Helm making Yotes defense look like his *****
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#36 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:16 AM

Posted Image

#37 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:01 AM

Hit, turnover, scoring opportunity, pass, goal

Freaking textbook!
Hockeytown - No Limits

#38 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:17 AM

On this play here, I looked over at the lady and said, "No homo, and I am sorry but I would leave you for Darren Helm right now". :lol:

Posted Image She didn't laugh......

What a freaking animal this series. Danger!
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#39 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

I think after this series we'll see a huge increase in Helm jerseys at The Joe.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#40 stormboy

stormboy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:41 AM

helmf****** brings it in the playoffs. IMO the first hit in the videos by OP should not have been a penalty. looked like a clean shoulder hit to me. (maybe i'm a homer, but i don't think so, at least not in this case.)

as much as we've all seen this team suck at points in the regular season, it's hard to bet against them right now, and helm is not least among our assets.

go wings.