• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 4 GDT: Red Wings 6 at Coyotes 3

Rate this topic

This may not be a game day post, but this has been bugging me for a while. I dont consider myself a Red Wings snob, but maybe i am one. Recently, since about a week before playoffs started, people have come out of the wood works and are all big Wings fans now. I see people posting on facebook everyday now about the wings and playoffs and everything and even when im out i see people sporting wings attire. Im happy to see all the support, i mean this is hockeytown and all. But i guess im just a little more than annoyed because these guys and girls on facebook posting about the Wings obviously have never watched a regular seqson game nor could they explain the rules on hockey. And when i try to strike up conversations with these people in Wings attire they cant name even 2 current Red Wings. I dont know why this bothers me, it just makes me feel like we have a fan base like that of the Hawks and other fair weather fan teams. Does that bother anyone else or am i just being a selfish snob about our team? Haha

Uh-oh; "200 posts for Game 4 victory" locked at 199??? Time to make amends NOW!!!

Haha i saw that too. I was quickly trying to be the 200th post when i saw it was at 199 but it was locked which explains why 200 wasnt hit yet lol

This may not be a game day post, but this has been bugging me for a while. I dont consider myself a Red Wings snob, but maybe i am one. Recently, since about a week before playoffs started, people have come out of the wood works and are all big Wings fans now. I see people posting on facebook everyday now about the wings and playoffs and everything and even when im out i see people sporting wings attire. Im happy to see all the support, i mean this is hockeytown and all. But i guess im just a little more than annoyed because these guys and girls on facebook posting about the Wings obviously have never watched a regular seqson game nor could they explain the rules on hockey. And when i try to strike up conversations with these people in Wings attire they cant name even 2 current Red Wings. I dont know why this bothers me, it just makes me feel like we have a fan base like that of the Hawks and other fair weather fan teams. Does that bother anyone else or am i just being a selfish snob about our team? Haha

Meh. I'm indifferent about it. I say the more support the better. Makes for a better party anyway drunk.gif

There will always be people who come out and suddenly show support during the playoffs when they didn't show much interest in the regular season. A lot of people believe "there is no point in paying attention until the playoffs" (ugh). But who cares? We obviously have such a strong true fan base, as evidenced by how many Wings jerseys show up at every away game. The Wings surely are supported by many real hardcore fans, and likely a smaller percentage of "fair weather fans" than most teams in the league.

If people don't want to pay attention until now, I don't worry about it. Engage them and get them interested. Educate them. Perhaps they'll find themselves more informed and interested, watching regular season games, too. That is how I got into hockey - and I'd imagine many die-hard Wings fans can say the same.

Meh. I'm indifferent about it. I say the more support the better. Makes for a better party anyway drunk.gif

Yeah i hear ya, and feel the same way. But it just erks me sometimes. Maybe i am a snob when it comes to some things. Haha

Anyways, got a feeling Bertuzzi gets going tonight and Franzen continues to return bqck to his playoff form.

I havent heard anything yet on Zetterberg, heard he was a game time decision but wouldnt it be dumb to put him in tonight even if he is ready? With the yotes facing elimination they dont have much to lose and are ganna be head hunting our best players. Putting an injured Z on the ice just puts a target on his chest. Any updates?

I havent heard anything yet on Zetterberg, heard he was a game time decision but wouldnt it be dumb to put him in tonight even if he is ready? With the yotes facing elimination they dont have much to lose and are ganna be head hunting our best players. Putting an injured Z on the ice just puts a target on his chest. Any updates?

They gave him a target of game 6 if necessary. Looking like it won't be necessary at this juncture but don't want to be too cocky in that assessment. I say rest Hank regardless unless it's something very dire and I do have a feeling the Yotes will be playing with that "nothing to lose" mentality too and will take runs at guys. Hoping we come out with the win and a 100% lineup. Rest up, Z.

I had to miss the game three 'cause the starting time here is 5:30 AM. I have an account at drumnj's stream so my plan was to watch it next day as all the games are archived there. When I woke up I was avoiding all the hockey news in fear of spoilers, but when I got to drumnj's archive page I nearly pissed my pants. There was already slots ready for games four and five. "That must mean that Wings lost" I thought. I almost did not watch the game at all, but still decided to as I didn't have much else to do. Wings just kept getting these leads and all the time I wondered when does the unavoidable damn Coyotes' comeback begin. So, the result was a nice surprise and I'm glad I watched the game after all.

This one I'm going to watch live, maybe catch some sleep before the game.

:smokin:

Actually I've had games 1-5 listed before the playoffs, since those had been scheduled. Games 6-7 were still a TBD time.

I do hide the scores though, so that has to be helpful as well.

Edited by drumnj

Actually I've had games 1-5 listed before the playoffs, since those had been scheduled. Games 6-7 were still a TBD time.

I do hide the scores though, so that has to be helpful as well.

Oh, okay. That was the first time I used the archive since the regular season, so I didn't know.

Last night I dreamt Datsyuk got a hat trick. So, from my dream to God's ears :thumbup:

Although, my dream ended with people throwing octopi at ME, so hopefully it's not that prophetic.

My prediction: this game ends at 4-2, Wings.

Time to take one for the team? :unsure:

LET'S GO WINGS!

Edited by MidMichSteve

Is BizNasty in for sure?

I don't know about "for sure", but it seems he will be. And that worries me. It always pisses me off how Phoenix goons it up against us every game/series, and throwing Biznasty in now just suggests to me that they're going to try to run our players some more.

Keep your heads up, boys, and deflate these ******* clowns so the league can finally fold them up and ship them back to Winnipeg.

LGW!!

BizNasty effects nothing. Your gonna goon it up in an elimination game?? Haha sounds good, we'll just get the.. um.. you know? WIN! Go wings Go!!!

Oh, I completely agree. I just don't like ANY added chance of injuries. Also, this is exactly why it pisses me off. The Coyotes have to know it's not going to help; but they do it anyway, because they are asshats.