• Please log in to reply
974 replies to this topic

#41 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:32 AM

This is a character game for the Wings. If they can finish Phoenix off they will show they have that killer instinct needed to win the Cup. Plus, being the only team to sweep the first round would be pretty cool. Let's go Wings! Pedal to the metal!
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#42 Muse

Muse

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:01 AM

I'm ready to see them come out with fire in their eyes. Although Phoenix stepped up the thug treatment, we keep stepping up our game. I don't think the Wings will resort to playing nasty - I think they'll come out in the first period with 3 goals. Ruthless defense, keeping Phoenix from even getting near our net. Sure, our guys can dish out nasty hits, but they don't need to against this Phoenix team. Embarrass them and leave them in the desert!

Prediction: Wings 4, Phoenix 1. Maybe a s___-ou_.
There's no place like Hockeytown.

#43 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:49 AM

Apologies for certain graphics still not functioning properly.

Yes, HT - and you're going to have to live with that the rest of your life... :ph34r:

Oh, puhleeeeeeeze! You do GREAT work! And THANKS again for all your wondrous, talented, hard work! :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#44 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:38 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8WP7aOD_9Q

AAHHH AAAAAAAHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAHH AAAAAAHHH AH AH ANANNAANANANANANAN

WHOOOOOOOOOOO LETS GO RED WINGS GET PUMPEDDDDDDDD

I think I love you.. No homo

GO WINGS
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#45 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:01 PM

wing come out quick and win decisively in a hard fought battle. 6-2. Close until the third and then we pull away. I don't see a reason why we wouldn't be able to deal with their physicality again tonight.

Quick question: im growing a playoff beard, but is a haircut okay for my head hair - not touching the beard?

#46 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:03 PM

Quick question: im growing a playoff beard, but is a haircut okay for my head hair - not touching the beard?

Couldn't stop staring at your avatar but...

You can do the haircut without touching the burns of the beard. I have to say tho, that it will fricken nasty if you don't blend it all though :lol:
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#47 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:20 PM

Lets finish them off tonight!

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!

#48 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:23 PM

Everyone who has uttered the S-word in this thread concerning tonight's game should be banned if we lose. Respect the juju, mofos.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#49 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,428 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:32 PM

Tonight's Officials
Referees Eric Furlatt-27 & Mike Leggo-3 Linesmen Jonny Murray-95 & Mike Cvik-88

At least Frank Udvari's name didn't come up.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#50 AARedWingFan

AARedWingFan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:35 PM

This will be the first game on my new HDTV! :yowza:

Lets go Red Wings!!!

#51 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,388 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:07 PM

Opposition gdt now available in OP.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#52 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:12 PM

Opposition gdt now available in OP.

MAYBE their last ever. Cue the Posted Image

#53 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:36 PM

This may not be a game day post, but this has been bugging me for a while. I dont consider myself a Red Wings snob, but maybe i am one. Recently, since about a week before playoffs started, people have come out of the wood works and are all big Wings fans now. I see people posting on facebook everyday now about the wings and playoffs and everything and even when im out i see people sporting wings attire. Im happy to see all the support, i mean this is hockeytown and all. But i guess im just a little more than annoyed because these guys and girls on facebook posting about the Wings obviously have never watched a regular seqson game nor could they explain the rules on hockey. And when i try to strike up conversations with these people in Wings attire they cant name even 2 current Red Wings. I dont know why this bothers me, it just makes me feel like we have a fan base like that of the Hawks and other fair weather fan teams. Does that bother anyone else or am i just being a selfish snob about our team? Haha

Uh-oh; "200 posts for Game 4 victory" locked at 199??? Time to make amends NOW!!!

Haha i saw that too. I was quickly trying to be the 200th post when i saw it was at 199 but it was locked which explains why 200 wasnt hit yet lol

#54 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:40 PM

This may not be a game day post, but this has been bugging me for a while. I dont consider myself a Red Wings snob, but maybe i am one. Recently, since about a week before playoffs started, people have come out of the wood works and are all big Wings fans now. I see people posting on facebook everyday now about the wings and playoffs and everything and even when im out i see people sporting wings attire. Im happy to see all the support, i mean this is hockeytown and all. But i guess im just a little more than annoyed because these guys and girls on facebook posting about the Wings obviously have never watched a regular seqson game nor could they explain the rules on hockey. And when i try to strike up conversations with these people in Wings attire they cant name even 2 current Red Wings. I dont know why this bothers me, it just makes me feel like we have a fan base like that of the Hawks and other fair weather fan teams. Does that bother anyone else or am i just being a selfish snob about our team? Haha

Meh. I'm indifferent about it. I say the more support the better. Makes for a better party anyway Posted Image

#55 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 386 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:41 PM

I've got tickets for friday's game. Let's hope I can just tear those up into little tiny pieces :cool:

Edited by ZMAN, 20 April 2011 - 02:42 PM.

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#56 Muse

Muse

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:01 PM

There will always be people who come out and suddenly show support during the playoffs when they didn't show much interest in the regular season. A lot of people believe "there is no point in paying attention until the playoffs" (ugh). But who cares? We obviously have such a strong true fan base, as evidenced by how many Wings jerseys show up at every away game. The Wings surely are supported by many real hardcore fans, and likely a smaller percentage of "fair weather fans" than most teams in the league.

If people don't want to pay attention until now, I don't worry about it. Engage them and get them interested. Educate them. Perhaps they'll find themselves more informed and interested, watching regular season games, too. That is how I got into hockey - and I'd imagine many die-hard Wings fans can say the same.

#57 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:07 PM

Meh. I'm indifferent about it. I say the more support the better. Makes for a better party anyway Posted Image

Yeah i hear ya, and feel the same way. But it just erks me sometimes. Maybe i am a snob when it comes to some things. Haha

Anyways, got a feeling Bertuzzi gets going tonight and Franzen continues to return bqck to his playoff form.

I havent heard anything yet on Zetterberg, heard he was a game time decision but wouldnt it be dumb to put him in tonight even if he is ready? With the yotes facing elimination they dont have much to lose and are ganna be head hunting our best players. Putting an injured Z on the ice just puts a target on his chest. Any updates?

#58 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:10 PM

I havent heard anything yet on Zetterberg, heard he was a game time decision but wouldnt it be dumb to put him in tonight even if he is ready? With the yotes facing elimination they dont have much to lose and are ganna be head hunting our best players. Putting an injured Z on the ice just puts a target on his chest. Any updates?

They gave him a target of game 6 if necessary. Looking like it won't be necessary at this juncture but don't want to be too cocky in that assessment. I say rest Hank regardless unless it's something very dire and I do have a feeling the Yotes will be playing with that "nothing to lose" mentality too and will take runs at guys. Hoping we come out with the win and a 100% lineup. Rest up, Z.

#59 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:24 PM

BizNasty is in tonight. Hopefully he doesn't cause too much trouble.

#60 drumnj

drumnj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:28 PM

I had to miss the game three 'cause the starting time here is 5:30 AM. I have an account at drumnj's stream so my plan was to watch it next day as all the games are archived there. When I woke up I was avoiding all the hockey news in fear of spoilers, but when I got to drumnj's archive page I nearly pissed my pants. There was already slots ready for games four and five. "That must mean that Wings lost" I thought. I almost did not watch the game at all, but still decided to as I didn't have much else to do. Wings just kept getting these leads and all the time I wondered when does the unavoidable damn Coyotes' comeback begin. So, the result was a nice surprise and I'm glad I watched the game after all.

This one I'm going to watch live, maybe catch some sleep before the game.

:smokin:

Actually I've had games 1-5 listed before the playoffs, since those had been scheduled. Games 6-7 were still a TBD time.

I do hide the scores though, so that has to be helpful as well.

Edited by drumnj, 20 April 2011 - 03:29 PM.

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!