• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 4 GDT: Red Wings 6 at Coyotes 3

Rate this topic

Hopefully the long break will help the Wings. Round 2 will be more like the third season than the continuation of a brutal battle. As long as they remember how to play like they did this series they will be fine in Round 2. Don't come out rusty.

Interesting thought: with so many players complaining about possibly moving to Winnipeg, there will probably be quite a bit of roster movement. Bryz probably won't go, but what about others? I don't know contract statuses or not, but is there anyone on Phoenix you'd want to see Detroit grab?

The Wings swept the Jets out of Winnipeg and into the desert (I was at the last Jets game). Now the Wings have swept the Coyotes out of the desert and back into the freezer, aka - Winterpeg! I'll be at the first Jets home game next year for sure and it would only be fitting if it could be against the Wings.

Way to close out the series. We definitely clicked tonight. Helm has to be one of the most underrated players in the league. He had a great game. Phoenix is looking at some potential personnel changes in the offseason. It will be interesting to see if they try to keep the likes of Klesla, Fiddler, Korpikoski, etc around.

Modano played pretty well didn't he. we really got depth, and hopefully get zettie and mule back

I liked his speed, but he cant win a board battle. He threw his body a few times too, I was surprised. Not bad, but not 1st line worthy IMO

See you next year as the Jets!

Detroit has looked fantastic in what I've had a chance to see. Gotta love the sweep.

I love that the Coyotes fans and players wanted to play Detroit because they took us to 7 last year. They didn't take into account how tough our season was last year.

Go Wings! Get some rest and bring on round two!

Great job wings. First team out of the first and we get a well deserved week of rest.

I actually feel pretty bad for the coyotes now. Like said above Bryzgalov looked like he was holding back tears after the winning goal. And all of them may have just saluted their fans for the last time. You could tell they wanted to win with all their hearts, they were just too outmatched. It was an entertaining series and I thank them for some good games.

That said once again great job Wings. Now rest up and get ready for San Jose/Nashville.

Edited by CrimsonFlame

Hopefully the long break will help the Wings. Round 2 will be more like the third season than the continuation of a brutal battle. As long as they remember how to play like they did this series they will be fine in Round 2. Don't come out rusty.

Interesting thought: with so many players complaining about possibly moving to Winnipeg, there will probably be quite a bit of roster movement. Bryz probably won't go, but what about others? I don't know contract statuses or not, but is there anyone on Phoenix you'd want to see Detroit grab?

Bryz and I hate to say it Doan would be money on the third line. I like Yandle but he needs to take a class at the Lidstrom school of defense

Great game. Tonight showed that even when our goalie isnt at his best, we can still overcome. The Cleary-Filpula-Bertuzzi line was great all night as soon as they were put together. Good stuff, rest up get Hank and Mule back and keep it going in a week or so.

Shane Doan getting major kudos for his heroic leadership. How many first round playoff exits has he led his team to? Or is it the George Custer Memorial Trophy the versus announcers were referring to?

Honestly, Doan did all he could. He's always been a great leader for them. He's a douchebag who resorts to cross checking and borderline hits, but the fact is he leaves it all on the ice every game. What more can you ask? He was really the only player on there. I can honestly say that these past four games, the only Phoenix players I've heard mentioned were Doan, Yandle, Bryzgalov, and that Shlemko kid. Everybody else was invisible for them. EDIT: Forgot Hanzal.

Edited by VM1138

Pekka Rinne kinda scared me coming into the playoffs, but if the Ducks can get 6 on him...after seeing the Wings play as well as they did, CONSISTENTLY this series, I agree it doesn't really matter who we play!

GO WINGS!