Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:25 AM

Posted Image

#882 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Only player that I don't feel sorry for is Jovanovski. (Yes, not even Doan.)

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#883 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Who do we all prefer next? SJ/ANA/NSH? Wings can't play the Kings I don't think, and I assume VAN is gonna advance...

You're right that we can't play the Kings. Give me Nashville so we can be free of these 10:30 start times for just one series. Plus Anaheim's still dirty.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#884 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:26 AM

I officially hate CBC. The first thing they do after the win is show when the Pens beat us... AGAIN! I know I complained about this the last game, and now they did it again. Bastards.

#885 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:27 AM

Only player that I don't feel sorry for is Jovanovski. (Yes, not even Doan.)

I'll toss a word in for the Coyotes fans too. I don't envy them at all. Gonna be a long, scary offseason. I don't like it when some of our fans take delight in them losing their team.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#886 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:28 AM

Shane Done

#887 BlueMonk

BlueMonk

Cleaner

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,591 posts

Great to see the Wings close it out in 4. Now some much-needed rest for a veteran team with some injuries.

A tip-of-the-hat to the 'Yotes and their fans. I hope they find a way to keep the team in Phoenix. Shane Doan may piss us off, but that's because he's good, plays his ass off and is a strong leader. Their team was overmatched but Doan always showed up. I saw him in tears after the game on the ice. It's a tough thing for the players and fans having so much uncertainty. Glad they saluted the fans and hope to see them back at Jobing.com arena next season.

Bring on the next team!
"Just charge me with the usual." -Bob Probert

#888 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

I like playoff Jimmy Howard.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#889 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Great team effort that we are used to seeing when this team is rolling but 3 guys really stood out. Howard, Helm and Dats. Totally different gear by all 3.

Filppula?

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#890 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:29 AM

Filppula?

Filppula.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#891 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:30 AM

Great team effort that we are used to seeing when this team is rolling but 3 guys really stood out. Howard, Helm and Dats. Totally different gear by all 3.

Dats was solid, but I think Drapes played a more important role. 13 simply did what he had to do, but Draper is playing some of his best hockey, EVER!!!
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#892 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:31 AM

"I'll smile in June."
-Jimmy Howard

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#893 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Filppula.

Filppula!

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#894 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Great team effort tonight all around. Like mentioned probably a hundred times before I guess this team could flip the switch after all. Wouldn't have been able to tell that the last month or 2 of the season.

Now it seems I don't care who we play against cause this team seems unstoppable atm. Really impressed how we took care of business tonight even when being down by a goal. Very impressive....

#895 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

OK, so I had to go to choir practice tonight. Easter comin' up, ya know...So on the way home I'm listening to the game on XM radio. And I thought about who I really wanted to see get goals. And I swear to all on a stack of books of your choice, I started saying out loud, "Cleary, Bertuzzi...Bertuzzi, Cleary". Cleary has worked his ass off, and Bertuzzi has picked up his game dramatically on all levels.

I AM SO DAMN PROUD OF THEM. AND OF THE WINGS. I never expected a sweep, but it's OK. I can live with it.

:w00t2: :yahoo: :banana: :notworthy:

Edited by Vladifan, 21 April 2011 - 11:22 AM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#896 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:32 AM

Filppula!

FILPPULA!

#897 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

You're right that we can't play the Kings. Give me Nashville so we can be free of these 10:30 start times for just one series. Plus Anaheim's still dirty.

And Nashville isn't :sly:
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#898 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

You know Pavel is hurt, you know Zetter is hurt, you know Franzen is hurts, you know it is great to get a week off.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#899 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:33 AM

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#900 daniel1

daniel1

#40 - UNSTOPPABLE

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:33 AM

Filppula?

Yup, that might have been one of the best games I've seen Flip play ever. It's a little frustrating to see too cause if he played (and shot the puck) like that in the regular season he could easily be a 30 goal/70 point guy.
"And? If I did, I probably would have been a fighter, so what?"

Who knows; maybe you would realize that enforcers in hockey are critical to a teams chemistry and overall success?