• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:33 PM

Saw this article on the Red Wings facebook page. It offers some out side the box thinking based on the release of the NFL schedule. Take it as you will.

LINK

Doesn't have a lot to do with the Lions NFL schedule because a winter classic game wouldn't be held at Ford Field, but it rules out other NFL stadiums.
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#2 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:44 PM

Yeah I just saw it posted on facebook too, pretty sweet.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#3 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:48 PM

I am not a "WE WERE ALREADY IN ONE!" advocate. This would be spectacular for the city and the businesses in and around wherever they have it. Get it done, I'll be there. Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#4 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:57 PM

If Detroit does get to host the WC in 2012 they should definitely be scheduled to play Toronto. If the NHL has to have two American teams in the game then I would like to see a team that hasn't been in one of the games yet. Detroit vs. New York Rangers would be a good matchup.

#5 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:00 PM

I don't see them doing Toronto due to the Heritage Classic, I would be okay with Detroit vs St.Louis, Detroit vs. Rangers, Detroit vs. Sharks, Detroit vs. Avs, Detroit vs. Philly, ehhh whatever. Detroit vs. Toronto would probably result in atleast 20 murders the day of the game too, especially if it was at the big house.

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#6 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:00 PM

I would do everything possible to go see this if it were held in or around Detroit.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#7 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:01 PM

I would doubt it. An NFL schedule doesn't prove anything, as you still need to rule out MLB stadiums and college stadiums as well.

#8 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:15 PM

I would throw down any sum of money to go to this. Also Wings vs Leafs would be the best match up but I agree that probably won't work. The Wild, Rangers, or Blues would be alright.

#9 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:27 PM

I will start clawing people to get tickets if this happens.

#10 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:37 PM

If it's Detroit vs Toronto...I WILL acquire tickets. Especially if it's at the Big House.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#11 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:05 PM

For whom ever attended the big chill how was it in the big house? From what i've heard the sitting arrangements are cramped and really make for an unpleasant viewing experience.

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#12 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:25 PM

If it's Detroit vs Toronto...I WILL acquire tickets. Especially if it's at the Big House.

The winter classic will not be held at the big house. NCAA regulations will not allow beer to be sold on the university property and the NHL has deals in place when it comes to alcohol. Same with the Wings. Heck, when Minnesota played at the Golden Gophers outdoor stadium last year, they couldn't even serve beer there.

I will try to get tickets, but I am quickly realizing that I will get better seats right in front of my 52 inch HDTV. :)

For whom ever attended the big chill how was it in the big house? From what i've heard the sitting arrangements are cramped and really make for an unpleasant viewing experience.

I agree with this. I had a few friends who went and regretted it. Even though they were 30 rows up, they really hated the seating. It really was cramped and they didn't think it was due to the cold war. The stadium has been trying to add more seats in order to pack as many in as possible for football.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#13 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:43 PM

The winter classic will not be held at the big house. NCAA regulations will not allow beer to be sold on the university property and the NHL has deals in place when it comes to alcohol. Same with the Wings. Heck, when Minnesota played at the Golden Gophers outdoor stadium last year, they couldn't even serve beer there.

I will try to get tickets, but I am quickly realizing that I will get better seats right in front of my 52 inch HDTV. :)

I agree with this. I had a few friends who went and regretted it. Even though they were 30 rows up, they really hated the seating. It really was cramped and they didn't think it was due to the cold war. The stadium has been trying to add more seats in order to pack as many in as possible for football.

The seats at Michigan Stadium are wider now than they were a few years ago. It's true that for a few years they were just constantly trying to pack seats on, but in the recent renovation they changed up a lot. My parents have season tickets for football and I go to some of the games, and it's definitely more comfortable now than it was. It's not spacious, but I wouldn't call it any more cramped than a hockey arena or baseball stadium.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#14 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:59 PM

It was awesome!!!!! The seating arrangments were as expected for a college football stadium. Seating was fine. The view points were perfectly fine. The good thing about a football stadium is the even spacing from boards to seats all the way around. There really were no bad seats to be honest.

No offense to your friends, but I brought a diva girl with me who had never been to a hockey or football game and she loved it. The only regret I had was that I didn't wear warmer clothes lol.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".