• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevieisthebest

Possible Detroit Winter Classic Game

Rate this topic

Saw this article on the Red Wings facebook page. It offers some out side the box thinking based on the release of the NFL schedule. Take it as you will.

LINK

Doesn't have a lot to do with the Lions NFL schedule because a winter classic game wouldn't be held at Ford Field, but it rules out other NFL stadiums.

If Detroit does get to host the WC in 2012 they should definitely be scheduled to play Toronto. If the NHL has to have two American teams in the game then I would like to see a team that hasn't been in one of the games yet. Detroit vs. New York Rangers would be a good matchup.

I don't see them doing Toronto due to the Heritage Classic, I would be okay with Detroit vs St.Louis, Detroit vs. Rangers, Detroit vs. Sharks, Detroit vs. Avs, Detroit vs. Philly, ehhh whatever. Detroit vs. Toronto would probably result in atleast 20 murders the day of the game too, especially if it was at the big house.

If it's Detroit vs Toronto...I WILL acquire tickets. Especially if it's at the Big House.

The winter classic will not be held at the big house. NCAA regulations will not allow beer to be sold on the university property and the NHL has deals in place when it comes to alcohol. Same with the Wings. Heck, when Minnesota played at the Golden Gophers outdoor stadium last year, they couldn't even serve beer there.

I will try to get tickets, but I am quickly realizing that I will get better seats right in front of my 52 inch HDTV. :)

For whom ever attended the big chill how was it in the big house? From what i've heard the sitting arrangements are cramped and really make for an unpleasant viewing experience.

I agree with this. I had a few friends who went and regretted it. Even though they were 30 rows up, they really hated the seating. It really was cramped and they didn't think it was due to the cold war. The stadium has been trying to add more seats in order to pack as many in as possible for football.

The winter classic will not be held at the big house. NCAA regulations will not allow beer to be sold on the university property and the NHL has deals in place when it comes to alcohol. Same with the Wings. Heck, when Minnesota played at the Golden Gophers outdoor stadium last year, they couldn't even serve beer there.

I will try to get tickets, but I am quickly realizing that I will get better seats right in front of my 52 inch HDTV. :)

I agree with this. I had a few friends who went and regretted it. Even though they were 30 rows up, they really hated the seating. It really was cramped and they didn't think it was due to the cold war. The stadium has been trying to add more seats in order to pack as many in as possible for football.

The seats at Michigan Stadium are wider now than they were a few years ago. It's true that for a few years they were just constantly trying to pack seats on, but in the recent renovation they changed up a lot. My parents have season tickets for football and I go to some of the games, and it's definitely more comfortable now than it was. It's not spacious, but I wouldn't call it any more cramped than a hockey arena or baseball stadium.

For whom ever attended the big chill how was it in the big house? From what i've heard the sitting arrangements are cramped and really make for an unpleasant viewing experience.

It was awesome!!!!! The seating arrangments were as expected for a college football stadium. Seating was fine. The view points were perfectly fine. The good thing about a football stadium is the even spacing from boards to seats all the way around. There really were no bad seats to be honest.

No offense to your friends, but I brought a diva girl with me who had never been to a hockey or football game and she loved it. The only regret I had was that I didn't wear warmer clothes lol.