Red Wings Tattoo

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Reverend Dropout

Reverend Dropout

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:02 AM

One tattoo of something I'll like forever.

My other one on my ankle is my ex's initials. Arggggg.

forgot to attach.

Bulls, too? Or is that next?

I'm not a huge basketball fan. The Chicago Fire stand a better chance of getting tattooed on my arm than the Bulls.
I think I am going to work on a Stanley Cup tattoo for one of my legs though. Gonna wait till they win another cup though because I was dumb and cursed the team to lose against Pittsburgh... got the tattoo the day before the cup finals started. :-(

#22 Kage5691

Kage5691

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

Just got this bad boy done like a week ago. This is my first tattoo, also in this picture there is a bit of leftover purple underneath the wheel where it meets the cup which was washed off later that day. The picture was taken right after I got it done, so it was very fresh. I also chose to only include the cup wins which I was alive for.

Attached File  Wings Tattoo.jpg   33.74KB   70 downloads

#23 NoZoL

NoZoL

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:18 PM

Just got mine last week... had been thinking about it forever, but I'm happy I finally pulled the trigger!

Posted Image

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I had the idea that I should beat up every player I tangled with, and nothing ever convinced me it wasn't a good idea." - Ted Lindsay

#24 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

To each their own....but you all are some fans that live and breathe Red Wings and take this sport a bit too serious. I have been a fan of theirs since I was 9, waaaay back in 1979, but I wouldn't think about putting their logo on my body....permanently. I am not saying anything bad, they all look nice, it is just me. (of course I currently have ZERO tattoo's it's just not my thing, if it were, I may feel different about the logo's.)

They all look awesome though! Life long fans for sure!

Anyone care to explain why this got negged? Just curious...

Edited by LeftWinger, 26 January 2012 - 07:41 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#25 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

I'm working on this thing... I'm still kicking around a few ideas on what to do with the rest of it.

VERY nice work on your tattoo, congrats. Stanley looks incredibly well done

Edited by AceInTheSleeve, 26 January 2012 - 07:42 PM.

#26 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:46 PM

Anyone care to explain why this got negged? Just curious...

I dunno but I get negged too. guess tattoos are a touchy subject, all I was doing was complimenting

#27 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

I dunno but I get negged too. guess tattoos are a touchy subject, all I was doing was complimenting

Me too! I was just saying that they take this sport way serious to want to permanantly put their logo on themselves, but I did say that they all look awesome, just not my cup of tea...oh well, as usual if someone doesn't live and breathe Red Wings 24/7 and think that if the Red Wings didn't exist then the world would end, then they aren't really a fan...

Oh well, still some nice tattoos.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#28 Ray1905

Ray1905

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

I' m looking to get a red octopus, I'm still looking for a design.
Read less, more TV.

#29 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

Me too! I was just saying that they take this sport way serious to want to permanantly put their logo on themselves, but I did say that they all look awesome, just not my cup of tea...oh well, as usual if someone doesn't live and breathe Red Wings 24/7 and think that if the Red Wings didn't exist then the world would end, then they aren't really a fan...

Oh well, still some nice tattoos.

I understand why people don't want tattoos, particularly of sports teams. I'm not going to go on a Miami Ink-ish type rant about what my tattoos mean, but to sum it up, I just get stuff that I like or define who I am tattooed on me. I can look at everything that I have and acknowledge how I felt and where I was in life when I got it, it's like a timeline. Everyone knows me as someone who is passionate about sports and as I really do live and breathe the teams I like, I have the logos of the teams that I love.

People are allowed their own level of fandom. I will never judge anyone as being a bandwagoner, casual or even a psycho about it like myself (it almost takes the fun out of it).

I guess I'm ranting because I get told that I'm dumb a lot for getting sports related tattoos, but to each their own. People should be able to do what they want to do without getting s*** for it.