• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Congratulations to the Phoenix Coyotes

Rate this topic

Glad to see Detroit get the win, but also would be appropriate to take the time and congratulate the Coyotes on another good season, it's a shame that they don't know whether or not they'll continue to be able to turn it around in Phoenix. Regardless, they've improved their team and should be proud of the success they've had the last few years. Let's be gracious winners and give credit where it's due.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Despite being a Wings fan my whole life, I was definitely cheering for Phoenix this year. However, the Wings really and truly played flawless Red Wings hockey from beginning to end. The Yotes didn't play their game until game 4, but regardless there was no chance for them. There are tougher teams out there, but if they play like they did this series, the Wings will be tough to beat.

That said, I am still ridiculously proud of the Phoenix Coyotes. They've done so much with so little, against so much. There is so much hate out there for my city. For my home. But in the midst of this negativity this team has been an inspiration, a beacon of hope.

To me these two teams are what hockey and life is all about. Doing things the right way, undeniable heart, and never backing down. Anyways, onto the next series. Go Wings! (And long live the Phoenix Coyotes).

They gave it all they had, just outclassed this year. I mean in no disrespect to Phoenix, but I'm excited to see the Jets come back. Hopefully we dont meet them in the playoffs anymore so I can like Shane Doan, guy is a beast, but I dont like him against Detroit :ph34r:

You cannot deny that they played with all their hearts and they wanted to win as bad as anyone could. They played with a lot of desire. Hopefully all these ownership issues get sorted out soon and they will have a bright future whether they stay or go.

Congrats on a great season.

Great, Classy post. As a Phoenix fan, I am very proud of them. They've fought so hard for two years against incredible odds. However, the Wings fight hard too. And rooting for another team this series, I've gained an appreciation for Red Wings hockey I never had when I was just a Wings fan.

I lost respect for JovoCop. He looked like a bitter old man. And my respect for Doan went down. Awesome hockey player but he yaps damn near as much as Sean Avery. Kyle Turris is going to be a great player in this league.

Edited by T.Low

Hear, hear. Congrats to the Coyotes and their fans and I hope to see them back in Phoenix next year. Doan is a hell of a leader and Bryz is a fine goalie who had a bad series but will bounce back. Better days are ahead.

Guest Shoreline

I don't see the point of this topic, but oh well...

I was not cheering for Phoenix, nor would I be if I lived in Phoenix.. obviously especially not if I were in Winnipeg either. I don't want a team to stay in an area it's not viable in. The Arizona region is more fit for an AHL team or lower, not NHL.

I think the 'Yotes have a good foundation, and whether they're in Phoenix or Winnipeg next year, I hope they continue to play. Doan is a great player, and he's a career player there, and he won't have too many more shots at winning a cup.

Hopefully they don't have to wait long.

The one thing about this game that irked me though, is that all the Phoenix fans were crying and being supportive. I love to see that and all, but the problem for me is, where were they the rest of the season? The crowd was pretty full the last two nights, and it looked like a lot of 'Yotes fans. If those same fans went to games in the regular season, the team would be more likely to stay in Phoenix.

Regardless of where they end up, that is a hell of a hockey team. Glad we got out of that series in 4, cause they can bruise you. They fight hard and it was fun playing them the past two years. Best of luck to the fans in Phoenix, I can't imagine what it would be like to lose your team.

As a Detroit fan first and a Yotes fan second, this series tore me up. The Yotes have really set an example of what it means to battle in hockey. 2 seasons of playoff appearances when everyone doubted them says something. The Yotes did not go quietly and battled hard every shift. Heres to hoping you guys stay in Phoenix and you guys can find success against another opponent in the playoffs next year.

Obvioulsy, the Thrashers or the Panthers should be the first teams to be considered to being moved North first. Technically, the BJs are farther east than Detroit ... but Bettman will make sure the Wings stay in the West.

Just to think how the Wings would perform in the East without all of the travel time they have being in the West.

Yeah Congrats to the Yotes for getting to the playoffs two years in a row after all those miserable Gretzky years. They really gave us a run for our money last year, and I was expecting more of the same this year...but it seems like something was missing. I think part of it was some lame goaltending (certainly not playoff level stuff) by Bryz...and the offense wasn't on fire (overachiving, if I might say) like it was last year. For the Coyotes fans (myself included, anytime they're not playing the Wings), I do hope this ugly situation works out for the best. Its nice to have hockey in such a boring city like Phoenix!!! :lol:

I lost respect for JovoCop. He looked like a bitter old man. And my respect for Doan went down. Awesome hockey player but he yaps damn near as much as Sean Avery. Kyle Turris is going to be a great player in this league.

Ditto. All they did was turn into a couple of cry baby goons. You would have thought they were playing for the Ducks.

Don't like Jovanovski at all, and while I think Doan can play incredibly reckless at times, but you can't ignore how the team at least the past 2 seasons busts their rear ends off in the general sense.

I don't know the ins/outs of how bad the situation might be with their franchise there, but I got zero issues with them staying in the Phoenix area if they can work it out. I went the area for the first time ever right at the beginning of January last year to go to the Fiesta Bowl but by luck of the draw the Wings were playing at the Coyotes just a few days before the bowl game, so I saw a Wings-'Yotes game as well. Was fun times there, I like the area.