• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Majsheppard

Big TV, Big Cap

Rate this topic

They MADE Maltby retire... Is keeping Draper worth losing Emmerton?

And Hank, I will continue to wish Hudler gone until he is gone. So yes, Trade Hudler...

Wisniewski is making $3.2 right now, it only makes sense that he will get a raise, that is why I put $4M, if he would sign for less, super! Either way, Wisniewski and Smith on D is better than Salei and Kindl...

Murask and Emmerton held not lost to waiver wire is better than keeping Hudler and re-signing Draper.... It's time to get younger and more tenacious and move on....

They didn't make Maltby retire. They re-signed him, other players beat him out for spots, they waived him so he could continue to play in the NHL, no one bit, they sent him to the AHL and he retired because he didn't want to play in the AHL. If someone would have claimed him, he would have played in the NHL. If they didn't want him back they wouldn't have re-signed him.

Plus Mursak + Emmerton is no where near greater than Hudler + Draper. Mursak + Emmerton is better than Draper and Miller by far.

Actually, I used to post on here a couple years ago, I went for awhile without and then I couldn't figure out my login info, so finally I broke down and re-registered......I'm a long time wings fan stuck in NE Ohio ( a NHL waste land where when people find out I'm a Wings fan, they look at me like I have a third eye or something. "hockey? why would you like hockey, when you can root for the Indians, Browns, or Cavs?".....uh, isn't that pretty self explanatory?) I grew up in the most beautiful spots this side of heaven (Traverse City, MI ), now I live in the middle of cornfields and Walmarts.

I live in TC (directly across from Centre Ice lol), and have lived there for the past 15 years. My family also has a spot on Torch Lake.

Edited by Konnan511

Conservative estimates of the cap going up only 5mil instead of 6mil.

Just for kicks and giggles I made one of these. Hudler gets traded for picks/cap relief. Wings bring in Frolov to be Filppula's winger and Upshall in to bring even more speed to the line-up and some good hitting and great depth scoring. Roman Hamrlik comes in to provide decent scoring while not sacrificing defense. If we don't get him then no biggie.

Mo and Draper retire. Lidas take a 200K paycut because he is nice. We bring in Jason Labarberra to back up Howie, and if that doesn't work we sign Daniel Larsson to an ELC saving us more money.

Emmerton and Ericsson/Kindl will be trade deadline bait.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Alexander Frolov ($2.700m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m)

Scottie Upshall ($2.550m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.150m)

Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.000m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Roman Hamrlik ($4.500m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Brian Rafalski ($6.000m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($1.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Jason Labarbera ($1.000m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,167,044; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $232,956

With all this and assuming we get Larsson instead of Labarbera, Hamrlik signs elsewhere and trading away or waiving Emmerton and/or trading one of Kindl/Ericsson, we are looking at a possible fun trade deadline with a tonne of coinage to use.

:o:o:o

:o:o:o

He averages 30 points a season. He was rushed into a crappy TBL lineup at 18. Once he left there 13 seasons ago he is a +65 over that time or a +47 over the last 6 seasons.

He's won an Olympic gold medal and makes thunderous checks, hence the nickname "Hammer".

You were saying?

Edited by Konnan511

How do you freakin' do it? The 7th circle of hell? Tell me you did something wrong to deserve such a thing...

Tell me about it! I refer to this place as Mordor (Lord of the rings for the uninitiated) Actually, I will probably be relocating to the Carolinas in the near future. Not exactly a hockey hotbed but def an upgrade from this arm pit.

Tell me about it! I refer to this place as Mordor (Lord of the rings for the uninitiated) Actually, I will probably be relocating to the Carolinas in the near future. Not exactly a hockey hotbed but def an upgrade from this arm pit.

Lol, I live in Ohio as well now. I get more looks about being a Wolverine Fan than a Red Wings fan though.

They didn't make Maltby retire. They re-signed him, other players beat him out for spots, they waived him so he could continue to play in the NHL, no one bit, they sent him to the AHL and he retired because he didn't want to play in the AHL. If someone would have claimed him, he would have played in the NHL. If they didn't want him back they wouldn't have re-signed him.

Plus Mursak + Emmerton is no where near greater than Hudler + Draper. Mursak + Emmerton is better than Draper and Miller by far.

Ya, well, Miller has a roster spot on this team no matter what. Right now, he is more valuable to this team than Hudler. As much as you are tired of hearing me say get rid of Hudler, I am tired of hearing how good he "COULD" be....Time for could's are over. Time for seeing what he can do is over. Filppula is proving his worth, Helm is WAAAAAY outplaying Hudler, Helm deserves Hudler's money. If Hudler was making Helm's salary, I'd have no issue with him, because that is all he is worth. But, he held out, went to arbitration, hand-cuffed Holland all off season that year and THEN bolted to Russia. F*&K Jiri Hudler. His time in Detroit has passed. I'd rather bring up Emmerton/Murask than endure more Hudler. Trade Hudler while we can still get a pick for him, or package him up. No matter what, we aren't gonna see eye to eye on Hudler, you have your opinion, I have mine. This team is no worse without him, you cannot say the same about Miller. Miller and Eaves have more than proven they are worth keeping and playing well above their pay. Emmerton and Murask are have too much potential and at their pay, we cannot lose either of them to waivers... Especially to keep an overpaid underachieving Hudler.

Whats gonna happen when HUdler is a UFA after next season? Is he gonna want even more undeserved money? or do you think he'll accept a paycheck for how he has played?

Ya, well, Miller has a roster spot on this team no matter what. Right now, he is more valuable to this team than Hudler. As much as you are tired of hearing me say get rid of Hudler, I am tired of hearing how good he "COULD" be....Time for could's are over. Time for seeing what he can do is over. Filppula is proving his worth, Helm is WAAAAAY outplaying Hudler, Helm deserves Hudler's money. If Hudler was making Helm's salary, I'd have no issue with him, because that is all he is worth. But, he held out, went to arbitration, hand-cuffed Holland all off season that year and THEN bolted to Russia. F*&K Jiri Hudler. His time in Detroit has passed. I'd rather bring up Emmerton/Murask than endure more Hudler. Trade Hudler while we can still get a pick for him, or package him up. No matter what, we aren't gonna see eye to eye on Hudler, you have your opinion, I have mine. This team is no worse without him, you cannot say the same about Miller. Miller and Eaves have more than proven they are worth keeping and playing well above their pay. Emmerton and Murask are have too much potential and at their pay, we cannot lose either of them to waivers... Especially to keep an overpaid underachieving Hudler.

Whats gonna happen when HUdler is a UFA after next season? Is he gonna want even more undeserved money? or do you think he'll accept a paycheck for how he has played?

Mursak has a lot of potential, Emmerton is a replaceable 4th liner who, through injuries, never got close to his potential. I'd agree with Mursak+Tatar > Draper + Hudler going forward, but no way in hell Mursak + Emmerton > Draper + Hudler is better going forward.

Mursak has a lot of potential, Emmerton is a replaceable 4th liner who, through injuries, never got close to his potential. I'd agree with Mursak+Tatar > Draper + Hudler going forward, but no way in hell Mursak + Emmerton > Draper + Hudler is better going forward.

Sheeeeeeeeit! I forgot about Tatar! Ya, I am all for that guy coming up too. I love Drapes, but if he comes back, to me, he is just causing us to lose a player for no reason...

Since we're dreaming of $6 mil cap raises, might as well dream of some other unliklihoods as well...

FORWARDS

Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Johan Franzen ($3.954m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Zach Parise ($5.250m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.000m)

Drew Miller ($1.000m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($5.000m) / James Wisniewski ($3.500m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Johnny Boychuk ($1.875m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Evgeni Nabokov ($0.570m)

SALARY CAP: $65,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,212,044; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $187,956

Osgood, Draper and Modano retire, we promote Mursak and Emmerton

Re-sign Eaves, Miller, and Nick to friendly deals

Let Salei, Ericsson, and MacDonald walk

Sign Wisniewski as a UFA, decent deal since he's a hometown boy

Trade a 7th rounder for Nabokov, since he wasn't going to play for the Isles anyway

Trade a 4th, 5th, and 6th for Boychuk. No reason Boston would want a bunch of trash picks, but there're three and Bruins are easily impressed.

Make 1-year RFA offer for Weber, Nashville matches of course (more to come...)

Make RFA offer for Parise, Devils don't match since they've gone retarded, we have to give up our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. So what.

Trade Filppula and Hudler for Kesler. Canucks want to build a line for Sammy.

So what if we don't have any draft picks left. We upgraded two good young forwards to two superstar young forwards, and added two solid, young, physical defensemen who are also RH shots that can move the puck decently.

Then after we win the Cup, sadly, Nick and Homer retire, making room for Smith and Tatar. Nabby, Rafi and Bert are let go or retire, and we sign the now UFA Weber and after a few small raises here and there we still have enough to get a solid backup goalie and stopgap tweener forward while we wait for Pulkkinen, Jarnkrok, and Nyquist...

He averages 30 points a season. He was rushed into a crappy TBL lineup at 18. Once he left there 13 seasons ago he is a +65 over that time or a +47 over the last 6 seasons.

He's won an Olympic gold medal and makes thunderous checks, hence the nickname "Hammer".

You were saying?

I'm saying that he's not 4th def in Montreal and he's supposed to be on Detroit 2nd pairing??? What are you smoking??? I'm in Québec and he's useless along with Spacek... When was the last time you had a "chance" to watch him? He's not the same player once he was in Calgary... With $4.5M you can do much better, but Hamrlik - OMG... :lol:

You were saying?

Hasek won same Olympic gold medal - BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT HE CAN STILL PLAY AT NHL LEVEL!!!

Checks, are you sure that you are talking about Roman Hamrlik?!?! Is he your "Orgasm Donor" or what?!?!? Even his parents can't say so many "good" things about him... :lol:

Shea Weber.

Restricted free agent. Plus, Nashville would have more money to resign him.

If the cap is going up $6 million, how much will the floor increase? More teams are going to have financial problems now.

16 million difference.

I'm saying that he's not 4th def in Montreal and he's supposed to be on Detroit 2nd pairing??? What are you smoking??? I'm in Québec and he's useless along with Spacek... When was the last time you had a "chance" to watch him? He's not the same player once he was in Calgary... With $4.5M you can do much better, but Hamrlik - OMG... :lol:

Hasek won same Olympic gold medal - BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT HE CAN STILL PLAY AT NHL LEVEL!!!

Checks, are you sure that you are talking about Roman Hamrlik?!?! Is he your "Orgasm Donor" or what?!?!? Even his parents can't say so many "good" things about him... :lol:

Well geez, didn't know you were going to get so butthurt. I've watched him in these playoffs and he's looked good. Highest +/- among all the players on the Canadiens these playoffs. Led defensemen in scoring in last years playoffs. Second most points for defensmen on the team this regular season and second highest +/- as well.

So I guess being the second best defensemen (in terms of statistics) means you are useless.

Why-you-Mad-Brah.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Snob

Richards for 3 years 6.5 a year, and Pitkanen for 3.5-4 if Lids retires

Is that Mike or Brad Richards? Because if that's Brad Richards, then you are crazy to think as a UFA he'd take a 1.3mil paycut when the cap is rising between 4-6 million after finishing over a point per game for the second straight season. He might take 6.5 over 10 years, but not a chance in heck over only 3 years (not even to win a cup since he already has won one).

And if that's Mike Richards, he's the captain of the Flyers and now way they ever get rid of him.

Since we're dreaming of $6 mil cap raises, might as well dream of some other unliklihoods as well...

FORWARDS

Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Johan Franzen ($3.954m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Zach Parise ($5.250m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.000m)

Drew Miller ($1.000m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($5.000m) / James Wisniewski ($3.500m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Johnny Boychuk ($1.875m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Evgeni Nabokov ($0.570m)

SALARY CAP: $65,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,212,044; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $187,956

Osgood, Draper and Modano retire, we promote Mursak and Emmerton

Re-sign Eaves, Miller, and Nick to friendly deals

Let Salei, Ericsson, and MacDonald walk

Sign Wisniewski as a UFA, decent deal since he's a hometown boy

Trade a 7th rounder for Nabokov, since he wasn't going to play for the Isles anyway

Trade a 4th, 5th, and 6th for Boychuk. No reason Boston would want a bunch of trash picks, but there're three and Bruins are easily impressed.

Make 1-year RFA offer for Weber, Nashville matches of course (more to come...)

Make RFA offer for Parise, Devils don't match since they've gone retarded, we have to give up our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. So what.

Trade Filppula and Hudler for Kesler. Canucks want to build a line for Sammy.

So what if we don't have any draft picks left. We upgraded two good young forwards to two superstar young forwards, and added two solid, young, physical defensemen who are also RH shots that can move the puck decently.

Then after we win the Cup, sadly, Nick and Homer retire, making room for Smith and Tatar. Nabby, Rafi and Bert are let go or retire, and we sign the now UFA Weber and after a few small raises here and there we still have enough to get a solid backup goalie and stopgap tweener forward while we wait for Pulkkinen, Jarnkrok, and Nyquist...

If you can make this happen, I would support it.

bring back samuelson!!!!!! why hasn't anyone else put this on here yet he signed a two year contract with vancouver and is on his final year of that. Bring his ass back to play the point on the PP, and he wasn't that bad of a PKer either. We would ice basically the same lineup from the 08 season. Just no lebda.

Well geez, didn't know you were going to get so butthurt. I've watched him in these playoffs and he's looked good. Highest +/- among all the players on the Canadiens these playoffs. Led defensemen in scoring in last years playoffs. Second most points for defensmen on the team this regular season and second highest +/- as well.

So I guess being the second best defensemen (in terms of statistics) means you are useless.

Why-you-Mad-Brah.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Snob

Is that Mike or Brad Richards? Because if that's Brad Richards, then you are crazy to think as a UFA he'd take a 1.3mil paycut when the cap is rising between 4-6 million after finishing over a point per game for the second straight season. He might take 6.5 over 10 years, but not a chance in heck over only 3 years (not even to win a cup since he already has won one).

And if that's Mike Richards, he's the captain of the Flyers and now way they ever get rid of him.

I was being partially unrealistic, because I doubt he would come to the Wings. But if he did one would hope he would take a hair cut for a cup, and cash in later.

Every team also gets a chunk of that TV revenue, that's why the cap would be going up.

The idea is everything will go up about 6 million, but the revenue directly from the TV sharing would equal about 2 million. Though everything will remain proportional, this is outpacing inflation so more teams might have problems.

This bails out Chicago and Philly though.

Why not throw 4 mil at Brad Richards and see if he wants to play for a perennial contender?

And then after NEXT year we go after Weber when he is an UFA (if he signs for 1 year this summer). He can step right in for Lidstrom so we can throw 6-7 mil at him.

I say we offer Weber a one year contract Nashville can match so we can be sure that he knows we want him next year. That combined with Lidstrom maybe staying around and us beating them hopefully in the playoffs again, then maybe he joins a real organization.

Since this thread has taken a turn into the land of EA sports NHL franchise lollipops and make-believe, let me get in on this -

Trade Hudler/Howard/Kindl for Ryan Miller and a 3rd rd pick. Sign Conklin as backup, Modano retires, Lidstrom comes back for another year, we re-sign Salei and Ericsson and sign Kevin Bieksa. Draper comes back at a discount, re-sign Drew Miller, Eaves and bring up Mursak and Emmerton full time as depth players -

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m)

Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Drew Miller ($0.750m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Kris Draper ($0.883m)

Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($1.250m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.000m)

Ruslan Salei ($0.750m)

GOALTENDERS

Ryan Miller ($6.250m) / Ty Conklin ($0.750m)

SALARY CAP: $64,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,217,044; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $182,956

TOTALLY FEASIBLE!

:scared::ph34r:

Edited by stevkrause

Since this thread has taken a turn into the land of EA sports NHL franchise lollipops and make-believe, let me get in on this -

I hear that, the POINT of the thread was to see if there was anyone person to add via a simple realistic move. Like what do you do with your extra money...

Oh well...

I hear that, the POINT of the thread was to see if there was anyone person to add via a simple realistic move. Like what do you do with your extra money...

Oh well...

It spirals quickly around here... to get back on topic and answer your original question, most important to me would be to retain our players and keep a little cushion for a possible deadline deal if possible, when the unspeakable does finally happen and 6+ come off our books, then I'd be for making a splash to secure that spot... also, coincidentally, a couple pretty good stud d-men will be available around that time... I'm not going to get into the speculation of 2 or more years down the road, so for this upcoming season, even with a 6m+ increase, I'd rather us just lock up what we have, sign a legit backup goalie and barring any trades, stay status quo... never hurts to have the cushion come deadline day either if you can...

The idea is everything will go up about 6 million, but the revenue directly from the TV sharing would equal about 2 million. Though everything will remain proportional, this is outpacing inflation so more teams might have problems.

This bails out Chicago and Philly though.

I say we offer Weber a one year contract Nashville can match so we can be sure that he knows we want him next year. That combined with Lidstrom maybe staying around and us beating them hopefully in the playoffs again, then maybe he joins a real organization.

The cap was already going to go up 3-4 million (According to January numbers) for next season due to another excellent financial year (thanks Bettman), then add the 2mil every team will be receiving from the new TV deal, that makes the cap rise to 5-6 million. It's not outpacing inflation by the least.