Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Big TV, Big Cap

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:00 PM

If we were Colorado we'd go re-sign Peter Forsberg

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#22 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:14 PM

If the cap is going up $6 million, how much will the floor increase? More teams are going to have financial problems now.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#23 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:15 PM

If the cap is going up $6 million, how much will the floor increase? More teams are going to have financial problems now.

Every team also gets a chunk of that TV revenue, that's why the cap would be going up.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#24 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:33 PM

I'd like to take a stab at Weber, if that can't happen then Joni Pitkanen maybe?

I'm really hoping for Lidstrom comes back for one more year and go after a UFA in Brent Burns next year.

Other than that I'd guess we could try for a Brooks Laich or Andrew Brunette. More depth has never hurt anybody.

#25 redwinger4747

redwinger4747

Oh captain, my captain

• PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:50 PM

Why not throw 4 mil at Brad Richards and see if he wants to play for a perennial contender?

And then after NEXT year we go after Weber when he is an UFA (if he signs for 1 year this summer). He can step right in for Lidstrom so we can throw 6-7 mil at him.

Edited by redwinger4747, 21 April 2011 - 05:51 PM.

....#5 is next. Yzerman & Lidstrom = Gods.

#26 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:57 PM

What about a guy like Ehrhoff... especially if the Nucks don't win a cup this season... He is a UFA.

#27 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:59 PM

I would add a few rooms to the house, pool table, few shooter arcade games, bar, and have my own personal Dave & Busters. Oh right, then I'd spend the rest on the Red Wings.

Edited by Shoreline, 21 April 2011 - 05:59 PM.

#28 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:40 PM

Shea Weber.

Also If Nick retires and we have a bit more... sign a depth forward....to replace Modano..
then keep the rest for a trade deadline deal .... it is OK to have cap room!

OH and maybe look for a reasonably priced back up for Howie!

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan, 21 April 2011 - 07:41 PM.

#29 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:26 PM

who would be a reasonably priced backup for howard? We are paying him 2.25 now, not like we can have that riding the bench night after night

I wouldn't mind seeing Johan Hedberg here.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#30 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:23 AM

Mursak is the replacement for Modano. Draper wants back for another year, and I'm not sure with the way he has played this year, that you can say no to him.

This would mean Emmerton would be lost on waivers. I think Emmerton is better than Ritola, but Losing him would not be the end of the world.

Lidstrom has given more hints be is playing next year than he normally does, so I think he is staying. So the defense either stands pat, or they let Salei go for Smith.

I think Holland is going to be in a position to make a trade or two, unless he wants to sit on several million dollars worth of cap space.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#31 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:26 AM

This would literally solve all our problems!!! maybe try and get Kovalev as well?

Fyodrov too. We can call it the high-maintenance commies lines.

#32 Liberation

Liberation

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:36 AM

Christian Erhoff.

#33 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 01:12 AM

Perma-ban. GTFO
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#34 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:50 AM

Maybe try and get Danny Markov for the back end to help us overspend for players who think they are worth more than they are.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#35 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:52 AM

Trade Kindl & Hudler for picks/Nabakov (not necessarily to the same team or as a package.) Get Wisniewski, let Salei go, bring up Smith. Bring up Murask and Emmerton, let Draper retire. Re-sign Miller & Eaves (longer terms this time, they've earned it.) If Lids wants back, who are we to argue :lol: and let Modano retire (hopefully after becoming a Stanley Cup Champion again.) With the increase in cap, losing Kindl and Hudler salary, you would have plenty of cap space open for injury call ups and trade deadline acquisitions...

(note, these are not real line combos, this is just how capgeek listed them)

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.000m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m)
Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Drew Miller ($1.000m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m)

DEFENSEMEN
Brian Rafalski ($6.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)
Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($1.200m) / James Wisniewski ($4.000m)
Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Evgeni Nabokov ($0.570m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $65,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,978,711; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $6,421,289

With the "kids" coming up, you will save lots of cap space...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#36 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:58 AM

Trade Kindl & Hudler for picks/Nabakov

You have maxed out your quota, bro.

James Wisniewski ($4.000m)

Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#37 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:47 AM

Well I wouldn't keep Salei, I may get flamed for this but I really didn't see a whole lot of contributing during the regualr season or in the playoffs so far. So having his salary and the 6 mil I'd invest in another goal scorer or possibly a very strong defenseman and a stable back-up for Jimmy.

#38 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:50 AM

You have maxed out your quota, bro.

Posted Image

Lol great gif. And I have the same sentiments.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#39 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:51 AM

Every team also gets a chunk of that TV revenue, that's why the cap would be going up.

Yea but, the floor is why 10 teams are almost bankrupt. Teams can't keep up with the increasing floor.

Personally I think they should allow teams to go under the floor, but if they do, they can't get in on revenue sharing.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#40 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:00 PM

Yea but, the floor is why 10 teams are almost bankrupt. Teams can't keep up with the increasing floor.

Personally I think they should allow teams to go under the floor, but if they do, they can't get in on revenue sharing.

Then there goes parody. If they can make major profits in Nashville and Tampa Bay, every team should be able to make profits...minus the Yote's.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank