• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Ilya Bryzgalov

Rate this topic

... both of whom have had some horrendous games thus far.

You obviously don't watch other games, Miller has 2 shutouts against one of the deepest teams in the NHL.. not sure if serious. Maybe if the defense wasn't giving odd man rushes here and there he would have been alot better. The only reason Buffalo is in that series is because of Miller.

Edited by darkmanx

Bryz really should take a pay cut and come to Detroit. Holland should pursue him in the offseason and make it happen. Having two number 1's is never a bad thing. Split time and have a friendly competition between the two. As for the postseason, Bryz's confidence was as good as the team in front of him. He'd excel with a Wings jersey on. :thumbup:

$3.5 million per for 5 years seem fair to play for a cup contender every year?

I have been saying this all year this year. Give Howard a solid back-up, and make them both fight for the starting spot. This would be awesome.

Bryz really should take a pay cut and come to Detroit. Holland should pursue him in the offseason and make it happen. Having two number 1's is never a bad thing. Split time and have a friendly competition between the two. As for the postseason, Bryz's confidence was as good as the team in front of him. He'd excel with a Wings jersey on. :thumbup:

$3.5 million per for 5 years seem fair to play for a cup contender every year?

I don't think this will happen unless bryz is the only number one that is why Burke put him on waivers from ducks cuz bryz said he wanted to be the number one and not share it with jsg

I think is was pure overconfidence. Seems like I remember he and a few on the team making comments that they are not scared of the wings or anyone on the wings team...."oh s***!!...They are good"

Teams and their fans seem to fall into the same trap every playoffs..."too old".."too slow"..blah blah blah.

Short Answer:

I don't blame Bryz nearly as much as his D. They almost never helped him out.

Bryz was close to getting there, but he has to be the team, he comes up clutch in the Reg season, but in the playoffs too many goals are ugly garbage goals where he could have used a D-man to pull it off the line, or not kick one in.

He can't count on his team when things break down, most of their d-men are offensive minded, adding to the problem.

... again no one helped Bryz.

The point to this rant, I expected a lot from Bryz, and for the most part he was out of his mind.

He was stellar, until the play broke down and when he needed his D to step up they failed.

Cleary's goal was an epitome of that. Clears is in the zone in the corner of the boards with 3 defenders around him and the Wings in the middle of a line change(Bert's getting to the bench was a funny clip btw).

No one goes after Cleary, you can tell Bryz thinks there is a Wing on the back door as he is sliding over there once Cleary shoots.

If a defender plays Cleary, does the play work out differently, who knows.

The Bert goal as well. Bert made a good move behind the net, but the Pho defender tried to play the puck instead of Bert.

Bert wraps the puck around the net, Bryz covers the net and the shot is going wide, until a Yote D-man kicks it in. Ok maybe it hit his skate, but still.

Bryz had them in the game stoning Bert especially many times. Then their play in their own zone broke down. Too me they were far to worried about the break out pass as opposed to defending their zone.

:siren::siren::siren:

Bryz can't trust his Dmen. That's why he couldn't hug the post on Cleary's goal; he had to split the difference.

At the beginning of the series, all I heard about on CBC was the depth of Yote's D, (until PJ Stock jumps in laughing and says "they need it all because Dastsyuk is the greatest talent in the world!").

From Toronto Sun : ...

And if he's going to put up with that, he'd rather be back home.

So if the Coyotes move to Winnipeg, Bryzgalov says chances are he wouldn't listen to a contract offer from the new owners.

"Probably not. I better go to somewhere in Russia, KHL, to be honest. Because KHL is Russian people, it's family, friends. Even as a cold place, I can speak to people in Russian language."

I could see him making a statement like that for bargaining chips. Me thinks a great way to give him both worlds is to let him play on a team with his best friend from Russia. I think I heard him and datsyuk are bff's, right? Pavel needs to do a little recruiting this summer.

Also, I think it's out of the question that if we actually did sign Bryz, that he and howard would fight for a spot or share. I don't believe Howard signed with a no trade clause....what makes sense is we trade him. And honestly, I could see us getting a good return on him.

I know that a scenario like this usually doesn't seem likely - and I LOVE watching the Red Wings grow their team from the system up - but the chance to have a well established elite goalie (long term most likely) and get a return on a young goalie who has really supplanted himself and could look really attractive offers just seems to good to pass up if its possible.

Also, I for one do not hold much weight to Bryz's playoff performance. Sometimes the puck just doesn't bounce your way and thats the END of the story. Case in point - raise your hand if you were one of the members on this forum that called for Datsyuks head because his first 2 playoffs he didn't post huge points? How stupid do you look now?

Bottom line, if a player shows he is consistently good in the regular season, that means he's good. And playing in the playoffs doesn't change that. Players go through statistic slumps all the time. The only problem is, if it falls in the playoffs - you are labeled as a choker. On the flip side, s***ty players can luck out and score at the right times and he can be labeled clutch (think robert lang). It just happens sometimes. simple as that. So in summary, yes - put me in the lets sign Bryzgalov this summer. (unless NYI lets Nabokov go and we can get him.)

Edited by martyrme19

He gave up a softy against us in all 11 playoff games against them.

That's not an overstatement either. Just look at the highlights of all our goals the last 2 playoff series against Phoenix, and there's a softy from Bryzgalov in each game.

He gave up a softy against us in all 11 playoff games against them.

That's not an overstatement either. Just look at the highlights of all our goals the last 2 playoff series against Phoenix, and there's a softy from Bryzgalov in each game.

Whats your point? Osgood made a career out of letting in softies in in the playoffs.

Whats your point? Osgood made a career out of letting in softies in in the playoffs.

He (mostly) corrected it though when it counted.

Just look no farther than the entirety of the 1998 playoffs and the 2008 playoffs........

I live in Russia and recently read in one russian sports newspaper that Bryzgalov could sign a contract with Red Wings, in case Lidstrom retired this summer.

Actually, his salary should be something about 5-6 million dollars or I don't know, but more than his current $ 4.5 million, and I don't won't Holland to spend that much on him having Jimmy in roster.

You obviously don't watch other games, Miller has 2 shutouts against one of the deepest teams in the NHL.. not sure if serious. Maybe if the defense wasn't giving odd man rushes here and there he would have been alot better. The only reason Buffalo is in that series is because of Miller.

No kidding. Miller was phenomenal last game. He's had two amazing games, and two mostly solid ones.

For the stat watchers, his SV % is now .937 with two shutouts. But if you watch the games, as you said he's the only reason they have a shot in this series.

The Red Wings will have the roster and the cap space to bring in a decent D man and a decent Winger, depending on who we invite back. As previously stated we have some tough roster decisions with younger players.

I don't see the Wings getting Bryz unless he wanted to play for less than 2.0 million. I could however see Tampa making a play for him.

I could however see Tampa making a play for him.

He would be a very good pick up for them.

They could do a lot worse than Bryz in TB, he would make an already decent team very good.

IMO they are already better than PHO.

Next year, I think we'll have Howard and one of Osgood/Conklin at a $1 million or less cap hit.

What is this board's obsession with Conklin? He's a decent goaltender, and did well in his time here, but he's nothing special and he's not coming back.

The Red Wings will have the roster and the cap space to bring in a decent D man and a decent Winger, depending on who we invite back. As previously stated we have some tough roster decisions with younger players.

I don't see the Wings getting Bryz unless he wanted to play for less than 2.0 million. I could however see Tampa making a play for him.

He would be a very good pick up for them.

They could do a lot worse than Bryz in TB, he would make an already decent team very good.

IMO they are already better than PHO.

Tampa is probably the best destination for Bryzgalov. With the Ellis trade earlier this season, Yzerman has no goaltender signed for next season. Roloson certainly hasn't retired, but he doesn't have much time left. Bryzgalov is in his prime and is one of the league's best goalies, but Tampa could pick him up pretty much unopposed.