• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Ilya Bryzgalov

Rate this topic

In Brian Burke's, talk first think later, way of doing things, rumors are the Leafs are interested.

Francois Allaire is Toronto's goalie coach. Allaire was the goaltending coach for the Ducks when Bryzgalov was there, and it's been said that those two don't get along. So I doubt he will be teaming up with him anytime soon.

Personally I think he's headed to Russia.

Francois Allaire is Toronto's goalie coach. Allaire was the goaltending coach for the Ducks when Bryzgalov was there, and it's been said that those two don't get along. So I doubt he will be teaming up with him anytime soon.

Personally I think he's headed to Russia.

Ah yes, the "screw you guys, I'm going home" routine.

Sorry I missed this.

Conklin's cheap, comes with little to no expectation of demanding a starter's job and can play well for stretches in the case of injury. He's exactly what Howard needs for the next two years until the Wings decide if Howard is the long-term solution. I wouldn't expect Bryzgalov to play less than 60 games a year if we're bringing him in, even though the ink still isn't quite dry on Howard's extension.

Do the Flyers take a stab at Bryz in the off-season?

I didn't even think of that, the Flyers are in desperate need of stable goaltending. Everyone knows about the Leighton/Boucher tandem in last year's playoffs, and they've already used three goalies in the first round alone this year.

You do realize that, if Laviolette would just stop ******* around with his goaltending, he HAS a solid netminder with good history in the regular season and playoffs?

Boucher has a .935% and 2.12 GAA right now, with 3 wins. He was the team's starter last year until he went out with injury, and he played better than Leighton. He has carried the Flyers deep into the playoffs before that.

And beyond that; the Flyers have Bobrovsky and Leighton signed for next season for a total of close to $3.5m. Boucher's deal is under $1m. If they sign Bryzgalov, what happens? More of the three-headed monster, with a $4m raise and much worse playoff performance?

Note: If Osgood ends up retiring this summer, and Holland signs a vet backup, Boucher is definitely on my short list.

Edited by eva unit zero

You do realize that, if Laviolette would just stop ******* around with his goaltending, he HAS a solid netminder with good history in the regular season and playoffs?

Boucher has a .935% and 2.12 GAA right now, with 3 wins. He was the team's starter last year until he went out with injury, and he played better than Leighton. He has carried the Flyers deep into the playoffs before that.

And beyond that; the Flyers have Bobrovsky and Leighton signed for next season for a total of close to $3.5m. Boucher's deal is under $1m. If they sign Bryzgalov, what happens? More of the three-headed monster, with a $4m raise and much worse playoff performance?

Note: If Osgood ends up retiring this summer, and Holland signs a vet backup, Boucher is definitely on my short list.

Bobrovsky`s on a EL deal and can be sent down if need be. Leighton`s been through waivers before and no one took him. With all the new money they`ll get under the cap, I`m sure if they took a swing at a money goalie like Bryz or Vokoun, they`d send Leighton to the AHL - there`s $1 million for Bryz-Vokoun right there - and maybe give Boucher a backup job for roughly what he`s getting this year. Remember Boucher hasn`t had a legit starter`s job since before the lockout. Cap goes up 4-5 million, there`s your Bryz-Vokoun money.

The only extension they have to worry about potentially hurting them financially this off-season is Leino, but to help take care of that they could also save $2 million by telling Zherdev where he can go.

Bobrovsky`s on a EL deal and can be sent down if need be. Leighton`s been through waivers before and no one took him. With all the new money they`ll get under the cap, I`m sure if they took a swing at a money goalie like Bryz or Vokoun, they`d send Leighton to the AHL - there`s $1 million for Bryz-Vokoun right there - and maybe give Boucher a backup job for roughly what he`s getting this year. Remember Boucher hasn`t had a legit starter`s job since before the lockout. Cap goes up 4-5 million, there`s your Bryz-Vokoun money.

The only extension they have to worry about potentially hurting them financially this off-season is Leino, but to help take care of that they could also save $2 million by telling Zherdev where he can go.

Leighton has a one-way deal, so his money will still stay in the cap no matter where he plays.

And I'm 95% sure that the Flyers won't even try to sign Zherdev. But they may still have to let Leino go. Leino could ask 3,5m (max) but that would mean going to the FA market and probably to some s***ty team. I think it would be wise to him to understand that and be happy with 3m or less.

Leighton has a one-way deal, so his money will still stay in the cap no matter where he plays.

And I'm 95% sure that the Flyers won't even try to sign Zherdev. But they may still have to let Leino go. Leino could ask 3,5m (max) but that would mean going to the FA market and probably to some s***ty team. I think it would be wise to him to understand that and be happy with 3m or less.

All a one-way deal means is that Leighton is paid the same no matter where he plays, NHL or AHL. Since Leighton is younger than 35, his contract comes off of the cap if he passes through waivers and is sent down to the AHL, but they still have to pay him at his NHL salary since he doesn't have a 2-way deal.

All a one-way deal means is that Leighton is paid the same no matter where he plays, NHL or AHL. Since Leighton is younger than 35, his contract comes off of the cap if he passes through waivers and is sent down to the AHL, but they still have to pay him at his NHL salary since he doesn't have a 2-way deal.

You sure? Then why don't every team just give one-way deals more easily then? I doubt it's about money. I mean pretty much every organisation in the NHL has enough money for everything. It's just the cap hit that becomes a problem.

I don't know how this really goes, so that's why I'm asking. But I think it's just weird if one-way deal in the AHL doesn't have any effect on the cap.

You sure? Then why don't every team just give one-way deals more easily then? I doubt it's about money. I mean pretty much every organisation in the NHL has enough money for everything. It's just the cap hit that becomes a problem.

I don't know how this really goes, so that's why I'm asking. But I think it's just weird if one-way deal in the AHL doesn't have any effect on the cap.

Ermmm, not quite. I would guess that way less than half the teams are profitable without playoffs. This is an argument for another thread, but the salary floor causes way more harm than good for the teams that aren't doing well.

Not quite. Are you familiar with Cristobal Huet, Wade Redden, Mike Komisarek, or Jeff Finger? All of them have fairly large one-way deals and none of them count towards the cap. Huet was actually being paid by the European team he was loaned to if I understand the loan terms correctly, but is still under contract to the Hawks.

When a highly paid player is effectively exiled to the minors because a team can't afford to use that kind of cap space on him, it's called cap leakage. The salary counts towards the "player's share" of the total league revenue, but the player is never actually on the roster. This increases the chance that due to the escrow terms in the CBA, the players will not receive their full salary; effectively a store hiring everyone to what are normally 40-hour jobs at too high a wage, and having to cut back everyone's hours to fit within its payroll budget.