• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,298 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

You obviously don't watch other games, Miller has 2 shutouts against one of the deepest teams in the NHL.. not sure if serious. Maybe if the defense wasn't giving odd man rushes here and there he would have been alot better. The only reason Buffalo is in that series is because of Miller.

No kidding. Miller was phenomenal last game. He's had two amazing games, and two mostly solid ones.

For the stat watchers, his SV % is now .937 with two shutouts. But if you watch the games, as you said he's the only reason they have a shot in this series.

#42 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:20 PM

Your New York Islanders starting goaltender, 2011-12.

Seriously, I don't think he'll ever play for the Wings.

It would have to be a trade, depends what the Islanders want.

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#43 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:30 PM

The Red Wings will have the roster and the cap space to bring in a decent D man and a decent Winger, depending on who we invite back. As previously stated we have some tough roster decisions with younger players.

I don't see the Wings getting Bryz unless he wanted to play for less than 2.0 million. I could however see Tampa making a play for him.

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#44 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:49 PM

I could however see Tampa making a play for him.

He would be a very good pick up for them.
They could do a lot worse than Bryz in TB, he would make an already decent team very good.
IMO they are already better than PHO.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#45 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:32 PM

Next year, I think we'll have Howard and one of Osgood/Conklin at a $1 million or less cap hit.

What is this board's obsession with Conklin? He's a decent goaltender, and did well in his time here, but he's nothing special and he's not coming back.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#46 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:44 PM

The Red Wings will have the roster and the cap space to bring in a decent D man and a decent Winger, depending on who we invite back. As previously stated we have some tough roster decisions with younger players.

I don't see the Wings getting Bryz unless he wanted to play for less than 2.0 million. I could however see Tampa making a play for him.

He would be a very good pick up for them.
They could do a lot worse than Bryz in TB, he would make an already decent team very good.
IMO they are already better than PHO.

Tampa is probably the best destination for Bryzgalov. With the Ellis trade earlier this season, Yzerman has no goaltender signed for next season. Roloson certainly hasn't retired, but he doesn't have much time left. Bryzgalov is in his prime and is one of the league's best goalies, but Tampa could pick him up pretty much unopposed.

#47 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:19 AM

In Brian Burke's, talk first think later, way of doing things, rumors are the Leafs are interested.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#48 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:20 PM

Does he have a thin blood disorder?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#49 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,340 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:05 PM

Apparently he has no interest in Winnipeg.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#50 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,298 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:54 PM

What is this board's obsession with Conklin? He's a decent goaltender, and did well in his time here, but he's nothing special and he's not coming back.

It's the Legace factor. This forum tends to take in wayward backups like puppydogs. :P

#51 Jets4Life

Jets4Life

Jr. Prospect

• 23 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:57 AM

Apparently he has no interest in Winnipeg.

Coaches Corner April 23

Check out 6:10 of the video. Don Cherry on Bryz refusing to play in Winnipeg;

"Is that a promise or a threat? Because the way he played in the playoffs, who would want him?"
Check out my blog: The Purple Rod

GO WINGS!

#52 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:09 AM

In Brian Burke's, talk first think later, way of doing things, rumors are the Leafs are interested.

Francois Allaire is Toronto's goalie coach. Allaire was the goaltending coach for the Ducks when Bryzgalov was there, and it's been said that those two don't get along. So I doubt he will be teaming up with him anytime soon.

Personally I think he's headed to Russia.

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#53 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:26 AM

Francois Allaire is Toronto's goalie coach. Allaire was the goaltending coach for the Ducks when Bryzgalov was there, and it's been said that those two don't get along. So I doubt he will be teaming up with him anytime soon.

Personally I think he's headed to Russia.

Ah yes, the "screw you guys, I'm going home" routine.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#54 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:52 AM

Sorry I missed this.

Conklin's cheap, comes with little to no expectation of demanding a starter's job and can play well for stretches in the case of injury. He's exactly what Howard needs for the next two years until the Wings decide if Howard is the long-term solution. I wouldn't expect Bryzgalov to play less than 60 games a year if we're bringing him in, even though the ink still isn't quite dry on Howard's extension.

Do the Flyers take a stab at Bryz in the off-season?

#55 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,340 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:48 AM

I didn't even think of that, the Flyers are in desperate need of stable goaltending. Everyone knows about the Leighton/Boucher tandem in last year's playoffs, and they've already used three goalies in the first round alone this year.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#56 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:09 PM

I didn't even think of that, the Flyers are in desperate need of stable goaltending. Everyone knows about the Leighton/Boucher tandem in last year's playoffs, and they've already used three goalies in the first round alone this year.

You do realize that, if Laviolette would just stopf****** around with his goaltending, he HAS a solid netminder with good history in the regular season and playoffs?

Boucher has a .935% and 2.12 GAA right now, with 3 wins. He was the team's starter last year until he went out with injury, and he played better than Leighton. He has carried the Flyers deep into the playoffs before that.

And beyond that; the Flyers have Bobrovsky and Leighton signed for next season for a total of close to $3.5m. Boucher's deal is under $1m. If they sign Bryzgalov, what happens? More of the three-headed monster, with a $4m raise and much worse playoff performance?

Note: If Osgood ends up retiring this summer, and Holland signs a vet backup, Boucher is definitely on my short list.

Edited by eva unit zero, 25 April 2011 - 12:10 PM.

#57 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:36 PM

You do realize that, if Laviolette would just stopf****** around with his goaltending, he HAS a solid netminder with good history in the regular season and playoffs?

Boucher has a .935% and 2.12 GAA right now, with 3 wins. He was the team's starter last year until he went out with injury, and he played better than Leighton. He has carried the Flyers deep into the playoffs before that.

And beyond that; the Flyers have Bobrovsky and Leighton signed for next season for a total of close to $3.5m. Boucher's deal is under $1m. If they sign Bryzgalov, what happens? More of the three-headed monster, with a $4m raise and much worse playoff performance?

Note: If Osgood ends up retiring this summer, and Holland signs a vet backup, Boucher is definitely on my short list.

Bobrovsky`s on a EL deal and can be sent down if need be. Leighton`s been through waivers before and no one took him. With all the new money they`ll get under the cap, I`m sure if they took a swing at a money goalie like Bryz or Vokoun, they`d send Leighton to the AHL - there`s $1 million for Bryz-Vokoun right there - and maybe give Boucher a backup job for roughly what he`s getting this year. Remember Boucher hasn`t had a legit starter`s job since before the lockout. Cap goes up 4-5 million, there`s your Bryz-Vokoun money.

The only extension they have to worry about potentially hurting them financially this off-season is Leino, but to help take care of that they could also save $2 million by telling Zherdev where he can go.

#58 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:36 PM

Bobrovsky`s on a EL deal and can be sent down if need be. Leighton`s been through waivers before and no one took him. With all the new money they`ll get under the cap, I`m sure if they took a swing at a money goalie like Bryz or Vokoun, they`d send Leighton to the AHL - there`s $1 million for Bryz-Vokoun right there - and maybe give Boucher a backup job for roughly what he`s getting this year. Remember Boucher hasn`t had a legit starter`s job since before the lockout. Cap goes up 4-5 million, there`s your Bryz-Vokoun money.

The only extension they have to worry about potentially hurting them financially this off-season is Leino, but to help take care of that they could also save $2 million by telling Zherdev where he can go.

Leighton has a one-way deal, so his money will still stay in the cap no matter where he plays.

And I'm 95% sure that the Flyers won't even try to sign Zherdev. But they may still have to let Leino go. Leino could ask 3,5m (max) but that would mean going to the FA market and probably to some s***ty team. I think it would be wise to him to understand that and be happy with 3m or less.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#59 purebooyah

purebooyah

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:49 PM

Leighton has a one-way deal, so his money will still stay in the cap no matter where he plays.

And I'm 95% sure that the Flyers won't even try to sign Zherdev. But they may still have to let Leino go. Leino could ask 3,5m (max) but that would mean going to the FA market and probably to some s***ty team. I think it would be wise to him to understand that and be happy with 3m or less.

All a one-way deal means is that Leighton is paid the same no matter where he plays, NHL or AHL. Since Leighton is younger than 35, his contract comes off of the cap if he passes through waivers and is sent down to the AHL, but they still have to pay him at his NHL salary since he doesn't have a 2-way deal.

#60 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:40 PM

All a one-way deal means is that Leighton is paid the same no matter where he plays, NHL or AHL. Since Leighton is younger than 35, his contract comes off of the cap if he passes through waivers and is sent down to the AHL, but they still have to pay him at his NHL salary since he doesn't have a 2-way deal.

You sure? Then why don't every team just give one-way deals more easily then? I doubt it's about money. I mean pretty much every organisation in the NHL has enough money for everything. It's just the cap hit that becomes a problem.

I don't know how this really goes, so that's why I'm asking. But I think it's just weird if one-way deal in the AHL doesn't have any effect on the cap.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!