• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyTownHouligan

Does NBC have Pierre anymore?

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

He's been doing broadcasts mostly with Gord Miller of TSN. The difference is night and day when you have a broadcaster who calls games (Gord Miller) and one who talks the entire game (insert NBC/Versus play by play and color commentary here). Pierre is good with commentary between whistles and intermissions but gets annoying as f*** with US broadcasts because they smalltalk way too damn much during play, which he is involved in.

He's been doing broadcasts mostly with Gord Miller of TSN. The difference is night and day when you have a broadcaster who calls games (Gord Miller) and one who talks the entire game (insert NBC/Versus play by play and color commentary here). Pierre is good with commentary between whistles and intermissions but gets annoying as f*** with US broadcasts because they smalltalk way too damn much during play, which he is involved in.

with all due respect to ken and mickey, i love them, but they spend a ton of time just talking. But its ok cuz everything mickey says is epic.

Guest Shoreline

with all due respect to ken and mickey, i love them, but they spend a ton of time just talking. But its ok cuz everything mickey says is epic.

Wing fans are used to them by now, so they get a pass. :lol:

I don't think I'm going to be nearly as fond of the next set of announcers for Red Wing FSN broadcasts.

Edited by Shoreline

As mentioned, he's been doing the Washington-NY series for TSN. I notice he's between the benches for Anaheim-Nashville tonight.

I hope he stays away from the Wings games and NBC.

Pang>>>>Pierre

Not even close.

I'll add:

Anyone else>>>>Pierre

The difference between Ken and Mick and other announcers like Pierre is that Ken and Mick, in their small talk, stick to hockey and don't make themselves sound like fools. Pierre and his buddies will talk about some cabin they own in the woods, long hard ones and whatnot, just rambling and saying absolutely bizarre things.

Not that I'm complaining but I haven't seen ol penis head on NBC lately, is he at TSN or what? It's a hell of a lot better with Darren Pang between the benches than that ****** canoe.

Yeah, unfortunately that jackoff is still around. And Panger is so Much better than that jackoff. i would rather listen to Darren than most.

Edited by Blood On The Ice

Pierre is good with commentary between whistles and intermissions but gets annoying as f*** with US broadcasts because they smalltalk way too damn much during play, which he is involved in.

They do that way too much on NBC. Depends on who they have on Vs though. I think they are trying way to hard to cater to the casual fan and explain every rule and every back story for every player and even their family. That's why I miss the days of Thorn and Clement. Thorn was brilliant with the play by play and he had the voice for it. And they were both extremely professional no matter who was playing. One of these days I am waiting for Emerik to pull something while shouting one of his signature calls. (Driiiiiiiiivuuuuuuugh!!!! My arm!)

Edited by plopster

Listening to Mickey Redmond is like listening to the game with the grandfather I never got the chance to meet and grow up with.

But you just hang on his every word, especially when he addresses "you young hockey players" on how to play the game.

Not that I'm complaining but I haven't seen ol penis head on NBC lately, is he at TSN or what? It's a hell of a lot better with Darren Pang between the benches than that ****** canoe.

I'm sure he's busy rubbing Cindy Crosby's temples and easing his head out of the concussion he suffered. Bettman needs his field-man to take care of Crosby instead of useless banter.

Once Crosby come's back, we'll see Pierre "LeDouche" on screen and monitoring the situation from close "between the benches" again.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Not sure if serious.... People are actually looking for him??

Yeah...

They wanna tag him a ****** canoe for their chance at maple leafs tickets!