CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:11 AM

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=560924

Posted Image

Posted Image

IMHO this one goes to Lidström (no homer)

Edited by CanadaBoy, 25 April 2011 - 11:23 AM.

But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#2 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:13 AM

NHL.COM

Hockey fans familiar with Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" might be interested in penning a summer-time fable called "A Norris Carol" this June, as this year's nominees for the NHL's top defenseman could just as easily represent top blueliners past, present and future. The nominees for the 2011 Norris Trophy were announced Monday as Detroit's Nicklas Lidstrom, Boston's Zdeno Chara and Nashville's Shea Weber.

So here we go. No Visnovsky or Yandle is somewhat surprising. The Chara nomination is a head scratcher especially with Montreal writers have some say in this. But here we go. #7!!!

Meh, merge :lol:
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#3 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:16 AM

I guess playing well defensively does matter Yandle phhhhahahahahahah....

Lidstrom should win it won't be upset to see Weber win though
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:18 AM

wow, these are shockers... I can't believe Visnovski got snubbed with the year he had... imo, I think the nominees should have been Lidstrom, Weber, Visnovski and even though I think Nick had an amazing year, I think Visnovski deserved it this season...

Chara had a good year, but does not deserve this, this season...

Edited by stevkrause, 25 April 2011 - 11:19 AM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#5 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:21 AM

Should have known with Boston being a bigger market that it would get Z nominated. Still feeling better and better about Nick's chances now. Weber has the only shot of the 3 to take some of the votes.

#6 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:24 AM

Should have known with Boston being a bigger market that it would get Z nominated. Still feeling better and better about Nick's chances now. Weber has the only shot of the 3 to take some of the votes.

of the 3 nominated, I think Nick deserves it the most, although you could DEFINITELY make an argument for Weber and what he means to that team... Chara doesn't even deserve a nomination this season, so it should be a 2 horse race... key word is SHOULD I guess...

The only thing that makes me think Shea may win it, is a lot of people who have votes, will not vote for a player who finished with a - rating and, seeing as how this was Nick's first ever - season, it could hurt his votes...

Edited by stevkrause, 25 April 2011 - 11:25 AM.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#7 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

So a poll makes it better? :lol: Funny

#8 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

This should be Nick's. I can't imagine Chara getting this award in the same year he has all this controversy around him. Weber was great this year, but Nick had more points and is more well known and liked in the hockey world, which means he probably got the most votes from the writers.

#9 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:27 AM

:lol: yeah, I meant of the 2. Nick should still get it.

#10 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:29 AM

This should be Nick's. I can't imagine Chara getting this award in the same year he has all this controversy around him. Weber was great this year, but Nick had more points and is more well known and liked in the hockey world, which means he probably got the most votes from the writers.

not necessarily true, a LOT of the writers that have votes put more stock in +/- than they should... there is a very good chance Weber is going to win... the best thing Nick has going for him is the nostalgia factor since his career is in its twilight, whereas Shea Weber's is just entering its prime and some voters may vote for Nick just on the premise of "well, Weber will have plenty of upcoming years to win it, lets give it to the vet"

Edited by stevkrause, 25 April 2011 - 11:30 AM.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#11 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,619 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:30 AM

Posted Image

"Mine."

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#12 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,532 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:41 AM

Posted Image

"Mine."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNiR5ZTb_MA&feature=related
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#13 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:42 AM

wow, these are shockers... I can't believe Visnovski got snubbed with the year he had... imo, I think the nominees should have been Lidstrom, Weber, Visnovski and even though I think Nick had an amazing year, I think Visnovski deserved it this season...

Chara had a good year, but does not deserve this, this season...

Visnovsky shouldn't even be close to a nomination. He plays like 20 seconds per game short handed, hes worse in that regard than Mike Green and the norris goes to most rounded defenseman.

Lidstrom or Weber should have this, Chara was a defensive stalwart this seaon though and deserves the nomination over guys like Yandle and Visnovsky.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#14 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:44 AM

I think Weber is gonna win this. Good to see Nick got a nomination though.

#15 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:46 AM

The Yandle snub still has to have something to do with playing in Phoenix, I am pretty sure of that. Who knows, though. Big Z had a real good season and that +33 looks quite sexy to the voters.

#16 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:53 AM

Trust in Bill Clement... http://video.nhl.com...id=40&id=111102

#17 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:53 AM

Those were the top three vote getters huh. Nick HAS to be the winner then. I honestly though Yandle or Vishy would win it...but them not being in the top three vote getters has to mean Nick got the most votes.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#18 Toefuzz

Toefuzz

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 464 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:56 AM

I'm a little surprised/disappointed by the Chara nomination but honestly won't be upset with either Lids or Weber getting the nod.

#19 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,619 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:56 AM

The Yandle snub still has to have something to do with playing in Phoenix, I am pretty sure of that. Who knows, though. Big Z had a real good season and that +33 looks quite sexy to the voters.

Don't like Yandle at all. I was watching the highlights from last year's playoff series - the guy love to take a hard swing with the stick at anyone he's trailing on a breakaway.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#20 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,177 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:04 PM

I'm a little surprised/disappointed by the Chara nomination but honestly won't be upset with either Lids or Weber getting the nod.

While Weber is a very good defenseman, he's a punk and I hate him - not in a "wish he were on my team" kind of way, but in a "damn, he's a punk-ass *****" kind of way. At the very most he should only be allowed to polish the trophy before they hand it to Norris Nick.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011