• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CanadaBoy

Lidstrom nominated for Norris

Rate this topic

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

NHL.COM

Hockey fans familiar with Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" might be interested in penning a summer-time fable called "A Norris Carol" this June, as this year's nominees for the NHL's top defenseman could just as easily represent top blueliners past, present and future. The nominees for the 2011 Norris Trophy were announced Monday as Detroit's Nicklas Lidstrom, Boston's Zdeno Chara and Nashville's Shea Weber.

So here we go. No Visnovsky or Yandle is somewhat surprising. The Chara nomination is a head scratcher especially with Montreal writers have some say in this. But here we go. #7!!!

Meh, merge :lol:

wow, these are shockers... I can't believe Visnovski got snubbed with the year he had... imo, I think the nominees should have been Lidstrom, Weber, Visnovski and even though I think Nick had an amazing year, I think Visnovski deserved it this season...

Chara had a good year, but does not deserve this, this season...

Edited by stevkrause

Should have known with Boston being a bigger market that it would get Z nominated. Still feeling better and better about Nick's chances now. Weber has the only shot of the 3 to take some of the votes.

of the 3 nominated, I think Nick deserves it the most, although you could DEFINITELY make an argument for Weber and what he means to that team... Chara doesn't even deserve a nomination this season, so it should be a 2 horse race... key word is SHOULD I guess...

The only thing that makes me think Shea may win it, is a lot of people who have votes, will not vote for a player who finished with a - rating and, seeing as how this was Nick's first ever - season, it could hurt his votes...

Edited by stevkrause

This should be Nick's. I can't imagine Chara getting this award in the same year he has all this controversy around him. Weber was great this year, but Nick had more points and is more well known and liked in the hockey world, which means he probably got the most votes from the writers.

This should be Nick's. I can't imagine Chara getting this award in the same year he has all this controversy around him. Weber was great this year, but Nick had more points and is more well known and liked in the hockey world, which means he probably got the most votes from the writers.

not necessarily true, a LOT of the writers that have votes put more stock in +/- than they should... there is a very good chance Weber is going to win... the best thing Nick has going for him is the nostalgia factor since his career is in its twilight, whereas Shea Weber's is just entering its prime and some voters may vote for Nick just on the premise of "well, Weber will have plenty of upcoming years to win it, lets give it to the vet"

Edited by stevkrause

wow, these are shockers... I can't believe Visnovski got snubbed with the year he had... imo, I think the nominees should have been Lidstrom, Weber, Visnovski and even though I think Nick had an amazing year, I think Visnovski deserved it this season...

Chara had a good year, but does not deserve this, this season...

Visnovsky shouldn't even be close to a nomination. He plays like 20 seconds per game short handed, hes worse in that regard than Mike Green and the norris goes to most rounded defenseman.

Lidstrom or Weber should have this, Chara was a defensive stalwart this seaon though and deserves the nomination over guys like Yandle and Visnovsky.

The Yandle snub still has to have something to do with playing in Phoenix, I am pretty sure of that. Who knows, though. Big Z had a real good season and that +33 looks quite sexy to the voters.

Don't like Yandle at all. I was watching the highlights from last year's playoff series - the guy love to take a hard swing with the stick at anyone he's trailing on a breakaway.

I'm a little surprised/disappointed by the Chara nomination but honestly won't be upset with either Lids or Weber getting the nod.

While Weber is a very good defenseman, he's a punk and I hate him - not in a "wish he were on my team" kind of way, but in a "damn, he's a punk-ass *****" kind of way. At the very most he should only be allowed to polish the trophy before they hand it to Norris Nick.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Visnovsky (how I know to correctly spell his name is scaring me) deserved a nomination.

Lidstrom w/ the Norris AND Lady Bing this year? :D