• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Sharks or Preds?

Rate this topic

Which team do you think is a better matchup for Detroit?

On one hand you have the sharks who beat us last year. They are a much deeper scoring team than the preds, but have a choke artist label and questionable goaltending. They are also a pretty physical team. They had trouble closing out a Kopitarless LA team though

With the preds you have a team Detroit had trouble with this season, but thats different than a 7 game series. Also a physical team that is great defensively, with great goaltending. They do not have the scoring depth of the Sharks.

Overall I just dont know who I think is a better matchup. Over a 7 game series, the lack of scoring depth from Nashville would probably allow the wings to win, however they gave us fits all season. With the sharks there is the revenge factor as well as that whole choker label.

I think I might rather have the sharks I guess, but its tough

Because it's who we will play in the next round. That's probably why ;)

Carrying on my same mantra which adds little to absolutely nothing to discussion purposes. Nashville because I like a little more sleep. If I was to pick my poison, it'd be a case of Molson. thumbup.gif

Preds:

The lack of scoring compared to the Sharks, will hurt them. Sure they have a better goalie, but I think the depth Detroit will overrun the lower lines NAS has.

The way the PK performed against Pho I worry about facing the Sharks.

Well I have a few reason to want the shats.

1.They took us out last season(granted we were hurt)

2.The shats fans think that thorton is some wing killer

3.I hate hate nashville.(even though i lived there for 20 + years)

4.I hate tootoo's stupid face.

5.nahsville has always been tough on us

6 did i mention i hate tootoos stupid face?

But really we could play either and i would be fine. I think if we play like we did first round we could take out both teams.

Guest Shoreline

I suppose travel-wise it would be better to play Nashville.

OTOH, I don't really care which of these teams they play.. if the boys are to win yet another Stanley Cup, the road they will need to travel is going to be whatever it's going to be. I enjoy watching this team and enjoy playoff hockey.

Go Wings!

Edited by Shoreline

Nashville has been tough on us this year but I think there are a number of reason it would be better to face them (in the long run)

1. Travel

2. The Sharks destroy the Wings PK

3. The Wings have shown they can break down the Preds D and the Preds O is less to contend with

4. If the Wings end up facing the Preds that means it's the Sharks vs. Hawks and that means that they'll have to be flying across the country and dealing with time zone shifts. If the Wings make it to the WCF they'd be the more rested and less travelled team for once.

I honestly believe it's all about the draw in the NHL playoffs. The less travel and the faster you close out series will determine who wins. I know it sounds dumb but it's true. If the Wings are rested and uninjured they will be the team to beat. Plus it'd be pretty rad to see Niemi vs. the Hawks

Nashville. Because:

1. West Coast Trips

2. If we play the Sharks next round, that probably means Vancouver the following round, and on paper Nashville then San Jose is easier than San Jose then Vancouver.

3. If we're playing Nashville, we arguably have the best division in the league with 3 of the 4 Western Conference remaining being from the Central.

Preds. The less west coast trips during the playoffs the better.

This is the only reason why I want to face the Predators. From a skill standpoint, the Preds are just as dangerous as the Sharks are. I would be worried about facing either team because they both have an equal chance to beat the Wings in a 7 game series. I believe the Wings can beat either team if they bring their best game every night. That is what it takes to win the cup.

I prefer the Predators b/c the Sharks will beat the Wings in a 7 game series as Detroit doesn't defend like it did in 2008 and thus that will be their undoing as the Shark pp will eat up the Wings pk and the Sharks are the Wings nemisis. Also the Preds are trouble to but the Wings might be able to handle the Preds over a 7 game series but San Jose is the team they don't want to play b/c they will outscore the Wings.

I think that for me it is pretty simple. I want Nashville, for a lot of the reasons stated above (travel, offense, and etc.). I think my key selling point is I rather watch San Jose try to seem revenge for the sweep last year as they play the Hawks, as we play Nashville. This also sets us up for a great WCF against either a revenge series against the Sharks or to take down the defending Champs in a rival series. I think on a way to a cup nothing would be better then taking down the champs and Chicago all in one stone. I Love our chances against Nashville, a lot more then having to go through San Jose and the assuming Vancouver...

Because it's who we will play in the next round. That's probably why ;)

Carrying on my same mantra which adds little to absolutely nothing to discussion purposes. Nashville because I like a little more sleep. If I was to pick my poison, it'd be a case of Molson. thumbup.gif

Nashville for me, because I like more sleep.

Also, I'd rather play a team with less firepower. You know, kind of like Phoenix.

The more I think about it It really does not matter. Ideally you would want the Preds for travel reasons, and I think its a easier task they way we are playing now,

then if you play the sharks.. That wears down Vancouver a bit more as they will still have a long travel and they have been doing it more that we had to.

and no matter what Vancouver is traveling to Nashville to play a series or staying home. Either way they are gonna be tired group of guys playing Nashville.

I would like to play the Preds in round 2.... just my .02. It will be a great series no matter who we play tho.

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

Nashville. Because:

1. West Coast Trips

2. If we play the Sharks next round, that probably means Vancouver the following round, and on paper Nashville then San Jose is easier than San Jose then Vancouver.

I agree, plus it give us home ice in the 2nd round, and quite possibly in the Conf. finals, I know we've had our shaky moments @ the Joe this season, but I like my chances with 4 games at home.

I think I'd rather face the Preds next round. We can beat them in 5, maybe 6, while Chicago can take out the Sharks in 7. After two straight 7 game series, the Blackhawks will be easy pickings (5 games).

Edit: I have this feeling, if Chicago wins tonight, we'll be Western Conference Champions again without much effort. If Vancouver wins, we can still win the West, but it'll be a lot tougher to do so.

Edited by Barrie