• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Sharks or Preds?

Rate this topic

Well I have a few reason to want the shats.

1.They took us out last season(granted we were hurt)

2.The shats fans think that thorton is some wing killer

3.I hate hate nashville.(even though i lived there for 20 + years)

4.I hate tootoo's stupid face.

5.nahsville has always been tough on us

6 did i mention i hate tootoos stupid face?

But really we could play either and i would be fine. I think if we play like we did first round we could take out both teams.

I agree with your final statement, but especially like reasons 4 and 6! :lol:

Like many people I'm partial to Nashville if only for the start time on away games. Also, wouldn't mind the Sharks and Hawks beating each other up, especially with Niemi in goal, could make for an interesting twist in the series.

Their series with the Kings makes me think otherwise.

They are ripe for the plucking - against any defense and netminder that can stop 54 out of 55 shots on net, with many quality, and some even brilliant, attempts! I think that may be one thing the Sharks have going for them going into the next round, should their next opponent discount the role that the Kings' defense played in that series, especially in Game 5, and takes it for granted that their own team's defense is essentially the same, if not better in some regard. If any team saw the Kings as truly inferior in all respects, and a well deserved pushover that should have been easily swept, it will bode well for the Sharks offense.

I'd rather face the Preds. I don't want to go into the 2nd round without home ice. I can easily see either series going to 6 or 7 games and having that 7th game at home might end up being the kicker, and I'd rather have us be the ones at home.

Vancouver would be tough to face in the 3rd round and if Chicago can get them out of the way then hey, all the better for us.

Plus, Chicago and San Jose will kick the crap out of each other and it would just be fun to watch, haha. I think we'd have a better chance at taking out the Sharks in the 3rd round, should it come to that. Chicago we could take out pretty easily as well (I'd say 5 games, but now I'm getting ahead of myself).

Selfishly, Nashville. I want more sleep. Even in the central time zone, these late starts are killing me already. Add to that the New Orleans Hornets locally down here presently are playing against the Los Angeles Lakers, that's two playoff matchups already that I'm watching against far Western teams. And, add to that the local games in Phoenix for the Wings series didn't start until 8:30 local time, the same with the games so far in New Orleans not starting until 8:30 local time, and it's just flat out ridiculous. I'll be up late tonight watching their game (along with the Vancouver-Chicago game) so it'll be another night of little sleep. There is absolutely no reason for a game to start later than 7:30 local time. Blame the TV tycoons.

Besides that, it doesn't matter to me. Both teams have had dominating and absolutely ugly performances in the first round, wildly inconsistent. The Wings are beatable obviously but I'm not scared of either team, if the Wings are on their game and can stay healthy, I like their chances regardless of the opponent.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I think its equally as important to gauge not only the ideal match-up for the Wings between either the Sharks or the Preds, but also what is the least ideal match-up for the Sharks/Canucks. Would you rather vs the Sharks and have Vancouver square off against the Preds, or would you prefer the Sharks take on the Blackhawks while we vs the Preds?

The Sharks and Predators are the two teams I wanted to avoid more than any others in the postseason, but I think Sharks/Blackhawks will be a grueling series with the winner limping to the CF wounded more-so than a Canucks/Preds matchup. I also like our odds better against Nashville than the Sharks, although not by much.

Having said that, go Chicago!

Revenge is less important than the Cup.

Right, as much as I'd like to beat the Sharks next round, playing them would probably mean playing the Canucks in the Conference Finals. That's tough! If we can beat the Canucks too, we probably wouldn't have anything left for the finals.

I'll take the possibility of an easier road to the finals by playing the Preds next round, and a worn out Sharks or Blackhawks in the Conference Finals.