• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WMUCarGuy

Spent Monday at the Joe!

Rate this topic

I was lucky enough to get to spend Monday at the Joe, attend practice and meet the guys! I'm writing a story on Jimmy's Shelby Mustang mask and it's Detroit connection and I was able to arrange going down to the Joe, watch practice, interview Jimmy and speak with several of the other guys too. Huds gave me a jab in the stomach when he came into the locker room, haha. Also, as I was walking out, I hear someone walking behind me and I look over my shoulder Nick is right behind me. I introduce myself and mention why I'm there and he's like "Hmm, I guess I never noticed there was a car on his mask, I'm always just looking at the holes in the net, not the goalie" I thought that was pretty funny.

All-in-all, it was a fantastic day, everyone was extremely nice and it was really cool seeing the inner workings of the Joe!

3368253d.jpg

3368253a.jpg

3368253b.jpg

3368253c.jpg

That's absolutely awesome, when I was younger I got to skate at the Joe, go through the locker room and do all of that stuff while I played hockey. I would love to read the article when you're done, be sure to update us and keep us toned buddy!

That's absolutely awesome, when I was younger I got to skate at the Joe, go through the locker room and do all of that stuff while I played hockey. I would love to read the article when you're done, be sure to update us and keep us toned buddy!

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Super cool story bro; but this should be posted in the Water Cooler.

Super cool story bro; but this should be posted in the Water Cooler.

How is this not relevant to Red Wings hockey, especially over a week-long pause in the action?

"Water Cooler: A clearinghouse for virtually all non-hockey related banter!"

"General Discussion: Discuss the Detroit Red Wings, NHL, or hockey in general here!"

Thanks for posting this in the RIGHT PLACE (!!!), this is pretty awesome. How long has he had the Mustang mask, I don't remember seeing it before?

I'm kind of intrigued by the 2 red and white inhalers Jimmy has in his stall..

It's ProAir HFA - Albuterol. I have one..

IMAG0090.jpg

Jimmy may have asthma.. Or even allergies.. May have been getting over the crud.. who knows. I obviously don't play professionally as he does, but for me, Asthma I kind of grew out of (and I'm sure sports help), but still have flare-ups from time to time. Nothing to worry about.

How is this not relevant to Red Wings hockey, especially over a week-long pause in the action?

"Water Cooler: A clearinghouse for virtually all non-hockey related banter!"

"General Discussion: Discuss the Detroit Red Wings, NHL, or hockey in general here!"

Thanks for posting this in the RIGHT PLACE (!!!), this is pretty awesome. How long has he had the Mustang mask, I don't remember seeing it before?

He had the Mustang on last season's helmet but the tachometer made believe believe it was a clock lol. This season he re-did it and included the Mustang again, which is his dream car. I believe the Shelby GT500 but don't quote me on it.