• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Shoreline

(2) San Jose Sharks vs. (3) Detroit Red Wings

Rate this topic

Thinking big picture - If SJ played the hawks I think SJ could easily sweep them and be well rested after we have a grueling rough series with nashville.

Akthough, now we dont get home ice

San Jose couldn't easily sweep anyone.

They barely beat an LA team playing without their best player.

Chicago would have swept them most likely.

Hopefully, game one is Friday at 9:30, and game two is Sunday at 5:00.

In GMR's dreams. :rolleyes:

One of the Hawks/Sharks games in SJ last year was the 3:00 PM EST (12 local) Sunday afternoon game on NBC. Could see this happening for Game 2 this weekend (NBC has games at 3, both Saturday and Sunday).

It's gonna be a good matchup. Honestly, the only way we lose this series is if officiating stinks and our goaltending stinks. I just dont see it this year, Sharks have a weak defence, shaky goaltending, and Jumbo Joe. I like our chances, go wings :thumbup:

Both Western Conference series start in the Pacific time zone so it would make sense to have them staggered with one starting Thursday and one Friday but since when does Buttman and the NHL ever make sense. That would also give NBC a possible Saturday game #2 and a Sunday game #2. As for the people bitching about the travel...cmon...SJ has to travel too and it's not like these guys travel in buses for hours. They fly in the nicest planes, sleep in the best hotels and have world class trainers. I think they will manage.

It's gonna be a good matchup. Honestly, the only way we lose this series is if officiating stinks and our goaltending stinks. I just dont see it this year, Sharks have a weak defence, shaky goaltending, and Jumbo Joe. I like our chances, go wings :thumbup:

Someone didn't watch last year. :hehe:

One of the Hawks/Sharks games in SJ last year was the 3:00 PM EST (12 local) Sunday afternoon game on NBC. Could see this happening for Game 2 this weekend (NBC has games at 3, both Saturday and Sunday).

Ya but that game was in Chicago.

Both Western Conference series start in the Pacific time zone so it would make sense to have them staggered with one starting Thursday and one Friday but since when does Buttman and the NHL ever make sense. That would also give NBC a possible Saturday game #2 and a Sunday game #2. As for the people bitching about the travel...cmon...SJ has to travel too and it's not like these guys travel in buses for hours. They fly in the nicest planes, sleep in the best hotels and have world class trainers. I think they will manage.

Yeah, but San Jose has no plans on winning the Stanley Cup.

Nope, I heard the same thing.

Crosby hasn't participated in a single contact practice yet, he's not even close to returning and if does the NHL bulls*** concussion policy should be burnt.

Someone didn't watch last year. :hehe:

Lets call it like is last year every game was 1 goal except game 4. If we have any penalty kill at all this year we will win this series. However I just cannot see us staying out of the box against the Sharks. To be honest that's what the series comes down to for us.

Crosby hasn't participated in a single contact practice yet, he's not even close to returning and if does the NHL bulls*** concussion policy should be burnt.

That was my lame attempt at sarcasm.

:lol:

Nope, it was in San Jose. The Sharks had home ice and it was either game 1 or 2.

EDIT: It was game 1 on 5/16 (Sunday afternoon). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Stanley_Cup_playoffs#Western_Conference_Finals

Me being an ass had to look it up with NHL gamecenter live....... At 2 in the morning

Yeah, but San Jose has no plans on winning the Stanley Cup.

Plus they are still worn out from those loooooooooooooooong journeys to LA

Kopitarless Kings were all heart and would have been a tough team to battle with for anybody, including the Wings. That being said, if the Sharks got just average goaltending from Niemi in that series they take it in 5 games. Sharks showed a lot of heart in game 3 coming back from a four goal deficit after playing like absolute crap for the first 22 minutes of that game. Joe Thornton, Mr invisible, had two game winning goals vs. the Kings (look it up, it's true) so it is possible...possible he is starting to step up his game. Jumbo is never going to take over a series and knock home 10 goals (it's a good over/under mark to guess whether he will have more than 10 shots in this upcoming series) but if the key second/third liners like Pavelski/Clowe/Couture start finding the back of the net the Sharks are a tough team to beat with the depth they carry over three lines.

When you guys are fully healthy, however, you have the deepest team in the league so the Sharks will need to play much better defensively than they did against the kings and win those one goal games like they did last year.

If Niemi finds himself the Sharks can win this series in 6 or 7. The wings could very easily take advantage of a very mediocre sharks defensive core (even compared to other Sharks playoff teams since the lock-out) and win this thing in 4 or 5. Home ice did very little for the sharks against the kings, and I think the effect will be the same in this series (unless the Sharks drop the fist two, I think it will be very hard on them mentally to get a win in Joe Louis down 0-2).

I'll say Sharks in 7 or Wings in 5. Quite a discrepancy there but it's hard to guess what Sharks team is going to come out of the gate, especially in the playoffs.

Anyways, good luck to you guys. It's nice to have a solid playoff rivalry with a historic team - it makes my team seem a little more historic :P

As for the people bitching about the travel...cmon...SJ has to travel too and it's not like these guys travel in buses for hours. They fly in the nicest planes, sleep in the best hotels and have world class trainers. I think they will manage.

And from this point on, all four teams are now traveling about the same. Nashville to Vancouver is about the same as Detroit to San Jose.

Of course, the East is all one time zone, what can you say.

Looking forward to a hell of a series. I think the winner of this goes to the Cup finals for sure. Vancouver is soft and Nashville is...well...Nashville. Sharks PP this postseason has sucked royally (see what I did there?). The special teams needs to be much better for the Sharks or the wings will romp. Getting Z back should be a nice boost for the wings. A healthy White makes the Sharks' defense a bit better than last year. Niemi is anyone's guess. Can't wait for it to start.

Guest Shoreline

Good thing about that supposed mediocre power play, Supafly, is that it's going against a Red Wing team that, with the way they played the PK last series, would certainly make the Sharks power play unit look much better.

Hoping the Sharks don't get many man advantages at all.

Wings need to keep their offensive prowess with the pedal to the metal to win this series because I don't envision either team's D looking very good.

Edited by Shoreline