• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Shoreline

(2) San Jose Sharks vs. (3) Detroit Red Wings

Rate this topic

Another thing to bring up is the emergence of Darren Helm and Justin Abdelkader. They are not the same players anymore and provide amazing depth and scoring chances on the lower lines in limited TOI. This could very well be our x-factor.

And Patrick Eaves was banged up last year, played one game and that was it.

And Patrick Eaves was banged up last year, played one game and that was it.

Damn right. Patty Sunshine has been pretty irreplaceable on the PK and on the line with Helmer and Drapes. Just gets severely overlooked by most Wings' fans and hoping for Kenny to get that extension done. :thumbup: These are the things that separate THIS year to LAST year. Crow eating season on its way I have a feeling.

Sharks gave up 20 goals in 6 games.....to L.A. L.A.'s best scorer was out the entire series. If we play D like we did our first series, and limit our time on the PK, we can totally win this. It'll be great if we can take one of the first two games in San Jose.

Edited by syntax

Guest Shoreline

We now have a series to compare both teams with. Certainly the Sharks are no Phoenix Coyotes. They should give the Wings plenty of trouble. On the other hand, that team did have an unnecessary amount of difficulty with the Kings, and the Wings are quite a bit more rested, as well as getting Hank back. Plenty of positives going into that series for revenge. I wanna see the same Wings team as last series (except with a better PK) show for the Sharks.

.......... continued

As someone else already said, most every game last year was lost by 1 goal and that goal usually came after a stupid call by the refs or the Wings not being smart and taking another penalty after the first one and giving the sharks endless 5 on 3's. I think the Wings can be disciplined enough this year to not make the same mistakes.

Guest stinky fish taco

If you check some of his posts...

... well, I'll let this speak for itself. ^

too bad soonboomer didn't have the balls to take the bet, huh?

He's always running his mouth about s*** he doesn't have a Patrick Kane (two cents) about.

was that an attmept at humor? it doesn't even make sense.

The travel our team is forced to go through is a complete joke. Great!! We get to travel all the way to California, and if we move on, we are propbaly looking at travel to the other side of Canada vs. Vancouver!! SMMFH. I really hope Nashville pummels those clowns out in BC.

The Wings are close to full health and very well rested so the only issue really is our special teams - especially the damn PK. If Babs hasn't straightened this out and if the Sharks continue their penchant for flopping and complaining, mixed with the usual NHL Joe Thorton-love fest and this series could get ugly.

I guess it is positive that we play the Sharks and not the Canucks, because they are the 2009 Pens of this year - the NHL annointed favorite going into the playoffs. A Canadian team in the Final, and even better if they can win their first Cup. The Canucks won't go far without the usual NHL assistance, but that's for round 3.

This series is either Detroit in a quick 5 or a long 7 gamer [with the refs help]. Over to you Babcock ...

GO WINGS!!!

Wings I think will do well, they match up better against the Sharks than Nashville and they play best when they feel they were embarrassed which I think to some extent they were last year.

This will be a much different series than last year....

Wings I think will do well, they match up better against the Sharks than Nashville and they play best when they feel they were embarrassed which I think to some extent they were last year.

This will be a much different series than last year....

Let's just hope reffing doesn't decide this one.

f*** you Campoli... Now we have to play the diving Sharks

Is he the one who lost the puck at the blue line? I was trying to figure that one out and I didn't see a re-play of how the Hawks screwed it up.

My biggest worry for this series is if the Wings get caught up in their own zone and we allow "Big Joe" to start his cycle game. I think that is the biggest threat the sharks have. Not to mention, Joe Pavelski completely killed us in the series last year. I watched all the games the sharks had with the Kings in the first round, and I've noticed the Sharks can start a bit slow in games. So, if the Wings can jump to early leads, especially in the first two road games, they will be in great shape.

Guest Crymson

Well, the Wings were going to face a rival either way. I was hoping this matchup would happen in the WCF, but so be it if it's a repeat, schedule-wise, of last year. Regardless of the outcome, the rivalry just got bigger.

I think you're overestimating how much Wings fans care about the Sharks. Sharks fans may see the Wings as a rival, but I don't think that Wings fans really see the Sharks as such. If anything, people here just detest the Sharks for being such a gang of whining divers last playoff year.

I think you're overestimating how much Wings fans care about the Sharks. Sharks fans may see the Wings as a rival, but I don't think that Wings fans really see the Sharks as such. If anything, people here just detest the Sharks for being such a gang of whining divers last playoff year.

And the worst thing is if the Sharks beat Detroit AGAIN then we will be referred to as the team the Sharks can spank every year and we will be raging at the fact we can't beat those classless, diving jags.

Last year, the Wings couldn't do anything right in the 3rd period against San Jose. I know the officiating was bad, but Detroit couldn't get it done in the clutch. That was the opposite of what happened in 2007, when San Jose fell apart in the 3rd periods.

That was the difference from last year and 2007.