• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Shoreline

(2) San Jose Sharks vs. (3) Detroit Red Wings

Rate this topic

The travel our team is forced to go through is a complete joke. Great!! We get to travel all the way to California, and if we move on, we are propbaly looking at travel to the other side of Canada vs. Vancouver!! SMMFH. I really hope Nashville pummels those clowns out in BC.

The Wings are close to full health and very well rested so the only issue really is our special teams - especially the damn PK. If Babs hasn't straightened this out and if the Sharks continue their penchant for flopping and complaining, mixed with the usual NHL Joe Thorton-love fest and this series could get ugly.

I guess it is positive that we play the Sharks and not the Canucks, because they are the 2009 Pens of this year - the NHL annointed favorite going into the playoffs. A Canadian team in the Final, and even better if they can win their first Cup. The Canucks won't go far without the usual NHL assistance, but that's for round 3.

This series is either Detroit in a quick 5 or a long 7 gamer [with the refs help]. Over to you Babcock ...

GO WINGS!!!

One reason why I hate the East. The NHL needs to change up the conferences..s***s ridiculous.

Soooo, hockey and stuff? blink.gif

stinky wins another derailing attempt....

If SJ had that much trouble with LAK's offense, they are going to be hurting against ours... likewise, we struggled against a s***ty PHX PP, the SJ PP is going to murder us.

So this means every game is going be 10+ goals total between each team. I like our chances in those types of games ;)

Soooo, hockey and stuff? blink.gif

stinky wins another derailing attempt....

Sorry. I'm done.

Is it just me reading stats wrong or did the shats go 2-23 on the PP? I'm hillbirry. me can't weed sometimes.

At 8.7% for the PP, that appears correct.

Hello again. :)

I'm going to be honest -- I was rooting for the Hawks to win last night because as a Sharks' fan I would have preferred to play a tired Chicago to a rested Detroit. But maybe that rest will actually be more like rust, although I wouldn't count on it, as Detroit is a team that's been around the block a few tiimes and knows what it takes, as a total organization, to win the big shiny thing. Sharks still haven't gotten the memo, but I'm keeping the faith (going on 20 years now) that maybe, just maybe, this is they year they finally get it.

Ideally, it would have been nice to get a little retribution for last year's WCF sweep at the hands of the Hawks and then go on to face Detroit in the third round this year, but alas, it wasn't to be.

Looking for a great, competive, exciting series in which no one gets hurt. Bring on the Wings!

if officiating is a factor for this series (and i think it'll play its role for at least forcing longer series), Red Wings are, for now, most effected team among playoff teams.

I have ranked PIM per Game for regular season and playoff:

In regular season, DET is 8.4 PIM/G and ranked 3rd less penalized team (of playoff teams).

In playoff so far, DET is 11.8 PIM/G and ranked 14th...

The change in ranking (-11) is biggest of all playoff teams.

In regular season, SJS is 9.3 PIM/G and ranked 8th,

while in playoff, they are 11.4 PIM/G, ranked 8th.

Last year, there were little change for DET in PIM/G in regular season and playoff, but SJS 'improved' from ~14.8 (regular) to ~8.9 (playoff).

No conspiracy, just a little gary's tweaking...

Guest Heaten

If SJ had that much trouble with LAK's offense, they are going to be hurting against ours... likewise, we struggled against a s***ty PHX PP, the SJ PP is going to murder us.

Didn't Sharks only score 2 PP goals on 25 chances or something like that? Sharks PP hasn't been good in this post-season.

Guest stinky fish taco

Sharks PP hasn't been good in this post-season.

neither has the wings PK. one of those will change, it's just a matter of which one.

neither has the wings PK. one of those will change, it's just a matter of which one.

hard to be overly analytical when the Coyotes were being gifted PPs with game already decided.

Last year, the Wings couldn't do anything right in the 3rd period against San Jose. I know the officiating was bad, but Detroit couldn't get it done in the clutch. That was the opposite of what happened in 2007, when San Jose fell apart in the 3rd periods.

That was the difference from last year and 2007.

^This.

Last year the officiating put them in early holes, but they were still in every game in the 3rd period, just couldn't reach that last gear we as fans have become accustomed to.

Hopefully with a more rested team and a healthy Zetterberg the extra gear will be there when we need it, and hopefully we don't fall behind early bad officiating or not.

Aloha LGW!

Been waiting for this one. Despite what most Sharks fans have been saying, I know that the road to Stanley goes through Detroit.

It's going to be a tough series, and the winner of this matchup will go on to the Stanley Cup finals. And it's going to be San Jose! :D