• This topic is locked This topic is locked
217 replies to this topic

#61 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:14 AM

Babcock was on AM 760 this morning and said that he was told the schedule for the first 4 games would be:

Friday night @ SJ
Sunday afternoon @ SJ

Wednesday night @ Det
Friday night @ Det

This is great news for those of us with M-F 8-5 jobs!

That is awesome! Plus, two days off when they travel from SJ to Detroit. That should be good.

#62 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:20 AM

I wanted to see this series from the get go, I cant help but think a rested and still embarrassed Wings squad is going show the Sharkies to the dustpan...
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#63 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:29 AM

I wanted to see this series from the get go, I cant help but think a rested and still embarrassed Wings squad is going show the Sharkies to the dustpan...

I know some Wings fans wanted weaker teams. I would rather make a run to the cup beating the best teams out there. Give our detractors nothing to talk about if the Wings do win the cup this year. I am also fine with playing the Sharks.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#64 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:33 AM

http://www.mlive.com...nalty_kill.html

"Franzen said he'll be ready"

I'm ready too. I'm so tired of waiting round two.

Edited by Jusek, 27 April 2011 - 08:34 AM.

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#65 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:37 AM

i predict the sharks PP running above 30% for the series. not good for the wings.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#66 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:48 AM

So this is it... I have read through and tend to agree that the winner of this series can probably keep it rolling all the way to the SCF. Most years our 2nd round opponent gives us the most fits and I see it happening here and then some. A healthy lineup and well rested as we all have been talking about should be great. This series should be a classic and much different than last year's. Solid tending will be the difference I feel. 1 didn't have that great of a regular season and the other is coming in not having a good playoffs at all so far. The PK for us wasn't good and the Sharks' PP wasn't good either. Just been going bats*** crazy waiting on the 2nd round and now that I know who we have, bring them on!
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#67 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:37 AM

And honestly, with terrible reffing, a decimated team, and facing a more powerful San Jose team last season the Wings still almost beat them. The five game series is misleading. Detroit blew out San Jose in Game 4 and only lost the other games by one goal, with the game winner usually on an extended 5 on 3 penalty kill.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#68 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:53 AM

I am scared by this series. Minimum it goes 6 games, and I see 7 as a strong chance.

I know we lost in 5 last year, but we're a lot better now than a year ago. Also last year, we had virtually no time off between Phoenix and San Jose and we had injuries and fatigue. This year we have much better depth, plenty of rest, and the Sharks goaltending is a concern, as is their defence.

I am concerned about their speed and size, and they are extremely deep especially at centre. Their foreheck concerns me too, and I worry they might wear our defence down. Thankfully, we're extremely deep too. For me youve either got to have Dats, Hank and Flip centering their own lines, or re-unite the Abby, Bert and Cleary line to bring toughness and have Flip centering the 3rd with Huds and Miller.

Someone wins this in 7. I wish I had more confidence.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#69 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:54 AM

And honestly, with terrible reffing, a decimated team, and facing a more powerful San Jose team last season the Wings still almost beat them. The five game series is misleading. Detroit blew out San Jose in Game 4 and only lost the other games by one goal, with the game winner usually on an extended 5 on 3 penalty kill.

I agree the circumstances going into this years series are very much different and you can throw out last years series as it relates to this years. I believe these circumstances this year actually favor the Wings. However, I think saying we almost beat them last year is a bit of a stretch. Whatever the case (5-3 PK, etc...), the series was over in 5 games, we didn't almost beat anybody.

Go Wings.
ENJOY THE RIDE

#70 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:54 AM

Another thing to bring up is the emergence of Darren Helm and Justin Abdelkader. They are not the same players anymore and provide amazing depth and scoring chances on the lower lines in limited TOI. This could very well be our x-factor.

#71 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:58 AM

keep in mind that since last year, san jose added a 30-goal scorer.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#72 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:59 AM

Game 1
Detroit 0/5 PP
San Jose 2/6 PP

Game 2
Detroit 1/4 PP
San Jose 2/10 PP

Game 3
Detroit 0/2 PP
San Jose 0/6 PP

Game 4
Detroit 3/8 PP
San Jose 1/5 PP

Game 5
Detroit 0/4 PP
San Jose 1/4 PP

Lets face facts here, Detroit was outworked in Games 2 and 3 of the series. Detroit only outworked San Jose in Game 4, and otherwise it was a very lackluster effort. I would say decimated tired team and a strong San Jose team that was motivated to shake the monkey off their backs were the two main reasons why the Wings lost that series. If one team is outworking the other team, the team that is being lazy will get fewer power plays and opportunities. They will be too busy chasing the stronger team around and taking penalties themselves. Look at Games 4 and 5 of the Chicago/Vancouver series for instance. The Hawks wanted those games, and Vancouver took more penalties because of the Hawks dominant play.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#73 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:04 AM

i predict the sharks PP running above 30% for the series. not good for the wings.

Are you the guy who just predicts stuff until you eventually get it right? You are the guy who picked the Coyotes to win right? You should go work for ESPN because they keep saying the Wings are due for a bad year eventually. Duh !

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#74 LeonardSankar

LeonardSankar

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:17 AM

I think its gonna be dejavu all over again as the Sharks win in 5 or 6 games as those guys have the Wings number. It doesn't help that the Wings can't play in their own end and I can't see how the Wings get by in this series as the Sharks have too much speed & depth. The Wings puck posession game doesn't exist anymore as they are always on the defense and thus get worn down and either give up goals or take penalties that lead to goals. I am not confident at all and I can admit it!

#75 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:23 AM

Are you the guy who just predicts stuff until you eventually get it right? You are the guy who picked the Coyotes to win right? You should go work for ESPN because they keep saying the Wings are due for a bad year eventually. Duh !

If you check some of his posts...

oh my, this is embarrassing.

phoenix OT win forthcoming.

just read that in the last decade, the red wings have lost 8 of 11 game 3s where they lead 2 games to 0. ouch.

i don't think the coyotes will get swept. phoenix wins 2-1 tonight.

wow

just wow

coyotes in 4?

wings are going to have trouble with howard giving up soft goals at bad times. he's the worst starting goaltender of the playoff teams in the west, and it will unfortunately cost them again.

1st round exit confirmed.

Wanna bet?

sure. account perma-ban for the loser?

coyotes in 7

.. well, I'll let this speak for itself. ^

#76 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:24 AM

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Boom goes the dynamite.

#77 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:27 AM

Another thing to bring up is the emergence of Darren Helm and Justin Abdelkader. They are not the same players anymore and provide amazing depth and scoring chances on the lower lines in limited TOI. This could very well be our x-factor.

And Patrick Eaves was banged up last year, played one game and that was it.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#78 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:32 AM

This isn't the only site I've seen this db on. He's always running his mouth about s*** he doesn't have a Patrick Kane (two cents) about.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#79 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:33 AM

keep in mind that since last year, san jose added a 30-goal scorer.

And lost their captain and starting goaltender.

#80 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:33 AM

And Patrick Eaves was banged up last year, played one game and that was it.

Damn right. Patty Sunshine has been pretty irreplaceable on the PK and on the line with Helmer and Drapes. Just gets severely overlooked by most Wings' fans and hoping for Kenny to get that extension done. :thumbup: These are the things that separate THIS year to LAST year. Crow eating season on its way I have a feeling.