• This topic is locked This topic is locked
217 replies to this topic

#81 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:34 AM

Sharks gave up 20 goals in 6 games.....to L.A. L.A.'s best scorer was out the entire series. If we play D like we did our first series, and limit our time on the PK, we can totally win this. It'll be great if we can take one of the first two games in San Jose.

Edited by syntax, 27 April 2011 - 10:51 AM.

The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#82 Namtaru

Namtaru

Rookie

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:36 AM

Some clips from last year

(on a side note, this was no goal, but Hossa's was? [/last hossa no goal reference of the year])

Edited by Namtaru, 27 April 2011 - 10:37 AM.

#83 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:37 AM

We now have a series to compare both teams with. Certainly the Sharks are no Phoenix Coyotes. They should give the Wings plenty of trouble. On the other hand, that team did have an unnecessary amount of difficulty with the Kings, and the Wings are quite a bit more rested, as well as getting Hank back. Plenty of positives going into that series for revenge. I wanna see the same Wings team as last series (except with a better PK) show for the Sharks.

#84 Namtaru

Namtaru

Rookie

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:37 AM

.......... continued

As someone else already said, most every game last year was lost by 1 goal and that goal usually came after a stupid call by the refs or the Wings not being smart and taking another penalty after the first one and giving the sharks endless 5 on 3's. I think the Wings can be disciplined enough this year to not make the same mistakes.

#85 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:49 AM

If you check some of his posts...
... well, I'll let this speak for itself. ^

too bad soonboomer didn't have the balls to take the bet, huh?

He's always running his mouth about s*** he doesn't have a Patrick Kane (two cents) about.

was that an attmept at humor? it doesn't even make sense.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#86 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:16 AM

"Sharks you say?"

Posted Image

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#87 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:18 AM

"Sharks you say?"

Posted Image

esteef

I just want to know how you get these shots of happy.....just saying=)
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#88 motorcitykid

motorcitykid

Red Wings DJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:21 AM

The travel our team is forced to go through is a complete joke. Great!! We get to travel all the way to California, and if we move on, we are propbaly looking at travel to the other side of Canada vs. Vancouver!! SMMFH. I really hope Nashville pummels those clowns out in BC.

The Wings are close to full health and very well rested so the only issue really is our special teams - especially the damn PK. If Babs hasn't straightened this out and if the Sharks continue their penchant for flopping and complaining, mixed with the usual NHL Joe Thorton-love fest and this series could get ugly.

I guess it is positive that we play the Sharks and not the Canucks, because they are the 2009 Pens of this year - the NHL annointed favorite going into the playoffs. A Canadian team in the Final, and even better if they can win their first Cup. The Canucks won't go far without the usual NHL assistance, but that's for round 3.

This series is either Detroit in a quick 5 or a long 7 gamer [with the refs help]. Over to you Babcock ...

GO WINGS!!!

#89 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:22 AM

I just want to know how you get these shots of happy.....just saying=)

Yer mom sends me them! Zing! :lol:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#90 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:23 AM

2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs Part Two: The Revenge

#91 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:25 AM

Yer mom sends me them! Zing! :lol:

esteef

Nah mom would be sending you pics of yzerman probably. hahaha
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#92 BamaWing

BamaWing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:30 AM

If there's any team I feel the least confident about remaining, its the Sharks.

If there's any team I want us to just completely dominate, its those ***** Sharks.

LGW!

Posted Image

#93 Johnny Law

Johnny Law

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:35 AM

Wings I think will do well, they match up better against the Sharks than Nashville and they play best when they feel they were embarrassed which I think to some extent they were last year.

This will be a much different series than last year....

#94 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:47 AM

Wings I think will do well, they match up better against the Sharks than Nashville and they play best when they feel they were embarrassed which I think to some extent they were last year.

This will be a much different series than last year....

Let's just hope reffing doesn't decide this one.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#95 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:52 AM

f*** you Campoli... Now we have to play the diving Sharks

Is he the one who lost the puck at the blue line? I was trying to figure that one out and I didn't see a re-play of how the Hawks screwed it up.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#96 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

Lets go Wings! Seems like it's taking forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

#97 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:00 PM

My biggest worry for this series is if the Wings get caught up in their own zone and we allow "Big Joe" to start his cycle game. I think that is the biggest threat the sharks have. Not to mention, Joe Pavelski completely killed us in the series last year. I watched all the games the sharks had with the Kings in the first round, and I've noticed the Sharks can start a bit slow in games. So, if the Wings can jump to early leads, especially in the first two road games, they will be in great shape.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#98 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:01 PM

Well, the Wings were going to face a rival either way. I was hoping this matchup would happen in the WCF, but so be it if it's a repeat, schedule-wise, of last year. Regardless of the outcome, the rivalry just got bigger.

I think you're overestimating how much Wings fans care about the Sharks. Sharks fans may see the Wings as a rival, but I don't think that Wings fans really see the Sharks as such. If anything, people here just detest the Sharks for being such a gang of whining divers last playoff year.

#99 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:09 PM

I think you're overestimating how much Wings fans care about the Sharks. Sharks fans may see the Wings as a rival, but I don't think that Wings fans really see the Sharks as such. If anything, people here just detest the Sharks for being such a gang of whining divers last playoff year.

And the worst thing is if the Sharks beat Detroit AGAIN then we will be referred to as the team the Sharks can spank every year and we will be raging at the fact we can't beat those classless, diving jags.

Posted Image

#100 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,076 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

Last year, the Wings couldn't do anything right in the 3rd period against San Jose. I know the officiating was bad, but Detroit couldn't get it done in the clutch. That was the opposite of what happened in 2007, when San Jose fell apart in the 3rd periods.

That was the difference from last year and 2007.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.