• This topic is locked This topic is locked
217 replies to this topic

#101 Namtaru

Namtaru

Rookie

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:24 PM

was that an attmept at humor? it doesn't even make sense.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/09/patrick-kane-arrested-bla_n_255122.html

#102 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

If SJ had that much trouble with LAK's offense, they are going to be hurting against ours... likewise, we struggled against a s***ty PHX PP, the SJ PP is going to murder us.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#103 puertoricanWingsfan

puertoricanWingsfan

The only Puerto Rican Zamboni driver you've ever met

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:32 PM

Just echoing what's already been said... Our PK will be the deciding factor of the series. FWIW, I phuckin hate the sharks.
"Pssshhh. I eat pieces of sh-- like you for breakfast."
"You eat pieces of SH-- for breakfast?!?"

#104 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:56 PM

http://www.huffingto...a_n_255122.html

Thanks. Jokes aren't funny if you have to explain them though. Can't win em all I guess.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#105 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:59 PM

http://www.huffingto...a_n_255122.html

i'm well aware of that incident...the horribly forced reference still didn't make sense. in his defense, maybe english is not his first language.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#106 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 625 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:12 PM

The travel our team is forced to go through is a complete joke. Great!! We get to travel all the way to California, and if we move on, we are propbaly looking at travel to the other side of Canada vs. Vancouver!! SMMFH. I really hope Nashville pummels those clowns out in BC.

The Wings are close to full health and very well rested so the only issue really is our special teams - especially the damn PK. If Babs hasn't straightened this out and if the Sharks continue their penchant for flopping and complaining, mixed with the usual NHL Joe Thorton-love fest and this series could get ugly.

I guess it is positive that we play the Sharks and not the Canucks, because they are the 2009 Pens of this year - the NHL annointed favorite going into the playoffs. A Canadian team in the Final, and even better if they can win their first Cup. The Canucks won't go far without the usual NHL assistance, but that's for round 3.

This series is either Detroit in a quick 5 or a long 7 gamer [with the refs help]. Over to you Babcock ...

GO WINGS!!!

One reason why I hate the East. The NHL needs to change up the conferences..s***s ridiculous.

Posted Image

#107 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:12 PM

i'm well aware of that incident...the horribly forced reference still didn't make sense. in his defense, maybe english is not his first language.

in your defense, nobody likes you. go away.

#108 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:19 PM

yea but..but... your mom goes to college
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#109 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:20 PM

Soooo, hockey and stuff? Posted Image

stinky wins another derailing attempt....

If SJ had that much trouble with LAK's offense, they are going to be hurting against ours... likewise, we struggled against a s***ty PHX PP, the SJ PP is going to murder us.

So this means every game is going be 10+ goals total between each team. I like our chances in those types of games ;)
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#110 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:23 PM

Is it just me reading stats wrong or did the shats go 2-23 on the PP? I'm hillbirry. me can't weed sometimes.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#111 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:27 PM

Soooo, hockey and stuff? Posted Image

stinky wins another derailing attempt....

Sorry. I'm done.

Is it just me reading stats wrong or did the shats go 2-23 on the PP? I'm hillbirry. me can't weed sometimes.

At 8.7% for the PP, that appears correct.

#112 hockeychik25

hockeychik25

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:33 PM

wings in 6. unlike last year we will win.
Piet Van Zant and Kevin Rand better watch out, one day I will be athletic trainer for the wings or tigers! :)

#113 FabHckyBbe

FabHckyBbe

The Fabulous Hockey Babe

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:36 PM

Hello again. :)

I'm going to be honest -- I was rooting for the Hawks to win last night because as a Sharks' fan I would have preferred to play a tired Chicago to a rested Detroit. But maybe that rest will actually be more like rust, although I wouldn't count on it, as Detroit is a team that's been around the block a few tiimes and knows what it takes, as a total organization, to win the big shiny thing. Sharks still haven't gotten the memo, but I'm keeping the faith (going on 20 years now) that maybe, just maybe, this is they year they finally get it.

Ideally, it would have been nice to get a little retribution for last year's WCF sweep at the hands of the Hawks and then go on to face Detroit in the third round this year, but alas, it wasn't to be.

Looking for a great, competive, exciting series in which no one gets hurt. Bring on the Wings!
Sharks Chicks Rule!
~The Babe

~~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~~

The FeederForums on LGS

#114 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:47 PM

I'm hillbirry. me can't weed sometimes.

:hippie: :smokin: :hippie:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#115 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:49 PM

if officiating is a factor for this series (and i think it'll play its role for at least forcing longer series), Red Wings are, for now, most effected team among playoff teams.

I have ranked PIM per Game for regular season and playoff:

In regular season, DET is 8.4 PIM/G and ranked 3rd less penalized team (of playoff teams).
In playoff so far, DET is 11.8 PIM/G and ranked 14th...

The change in ranking (-11) is biggest of all playoff teams.

In regular season, SJS is 9.3 PIM/G and ranked 8th,
while in playoff, they are 11.4 PIM/G, ranked 8th.

Last year, there were little change for DET in PIM/G in regular season and playoff, but SJS 'improved' from ~14.8 (regular) to ~8.9 (playoff).

No conspiracy, just a little gary's tweaking...

#116 _Kabrok_

_Kabrok_

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:18 PM

Given your inability to capitalize letters, perhaps it's not yours either.

http://www.hiyoooo.com/

Edited by _Kabrok_, 27 April 2011 - 02:18 PM.

#117 sharkfan20

sharkfan20

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

Well, hello again. We meet again.

Should be a good series.
]"Some of the guys have got to become man- Nabokov"

Sharks in 2010?!

#118 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:43 PM

Well I know they kicked the Wings' ass last year, but I guess I don't really give a f*** about last year. Last year the Coyotes took the Wings to 7. The last two years Chicago beat Vancouver. Last year doesn't mean s***.

Let's beat 'em this year. :thumbup:
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#119 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:49 PM

Didn't Sharks only score 2 PP goals on 25 chances or something like that? Sharks PP hasn't been good in this post-season.

#120 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:50 PM

Sharks PP hasn't been good in this post-season.

neither has the wings PK. one of those will change, it's just a matter of which one.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL