• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Nashville vs. Vancouver

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

I'd prefer the Canucks to represent one of the two teams in the WCF's than the Predators.

I'll absolutely be rooting for Predators. thanks, Nucks, for eliminating NHL poster boys, but this should be it... Preds are better team than you.

they actually arrive into playoffs with business to do, not with the loser mindset...

This is going to be an interesting series as well. I just don't think the Preds have enough to beat the Canucks in a 7 game series. Course, I discounted them against the Ducks last series too. This is going to be tough to call. If Pekka Rinne played like a Vezina trophy candidate, I would say the Preds would win. He wasn't that spectacular against the Ducks, and Vancouver has more firepower. The Preds really won't have much rest over Vancouver because they have to travel there to play them.

My gut says Vancouver in 7. The lingering doubt in my mind says Preds in 7.

If it takes Vancouve 6 or 7 to get rid of Nashville they will be so tired for round 3 they'll be ripe for the taking.

COME ON RINNE!

Van in 5 though.

Everyone always seems to underestimate the Preds. Preds in 7! :notworthy:

yeah because they've won A playoff series in their history.

Rinne is huge and can move, can dominate the style hockey the nucks bring. Vancouver going in as the favorites on the matchup but the preds are looking to make more history. They climbed a huge wall and won a first round matchup, they are looking for more. Don't underestimate the preds, nucks, because they will come out of the woodworks with some momentum. I honestly dont even know what to predict this series as.

Realistically, Canucks have this one if the Hawks didn't manage to totally break Luongo's confidence. Vancouver has more skill and firepower than Anaheim did and they also showed they can pound the hell out of you physically if they need to. Unless Rinne remembers how to play goal, I can't imagine the Preds pulling off this upset.

That being said, it would be really really cool if they managed it :cool:

Edited by ComradeWasabi

I really think this series is going to be a lot different than most anticipate it to be. Nashville really has the power to shut down Vancouver and send them home. Vancouver's style is dependent on working behind the net and towards the corners, they viciously throw the puck towards the slot and hope for the man to bury it. Nashville does a good job at preventing these things and Rinne is a huge goalie. I haven't seen much of Vancouver's style going for those rebound goals, they rely on the fast cycling and snipe shots. With Rinne's size they NEED to rely on rebound goals, although they do a good job normally at having sitting back door if the rebounds come. Nashville plays a very aggressive back-check and pressure the points aggressively, Vancouver is good at cycling and their fast passes so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Shea Weber has one of the most accurate and powerful slap shots in the game, and if they keep the net presence you'll see plenty of goals for Nashville. Luongo can't be comfortable like last night during the Chicago game, there was no net presence bothering him. If Vancouver can keep the slot and in-front of the net cleared they'll be safe but this reminds me of the previous seasons of Vancouver vs Chicago. Last year Byfuglien practically destroyed Luongo himself by being the net presence. Depending on what team wants it more this series is likely going to end in 6 games towards the team that actually implements the right style of hockey to counter the other.

Nashville has a lot of scrappy guys. Even if Vancouver wins, I hope Nashville beats the hell out of Vancouver.

The canucks are due to have a letdown in game 1 or game 2. I think Nashville can split easily and really make Vancouver work hard for everything.

idk if ur serious that the preds are better...i hope not cuz they arnt.

canucks in 6, i hope the preds in 6 tho.

Predators step up their game in the playoffs, Vancouver steps down. Luongo has a history of choking, Rinne, despite having a shaky first round, is at worst the same as Luongo right now and probably better. Plus, Nashville has the never say die mentality that wins series, Vancouver is notoriously weak mentally and easy to rattle.

Predators in 7.

Edited by VM1138

Predators step up their game in the playoffs, Vancouver steps down. Luongo has a history of choking, Rinne, despite having a shaky first round, is at worst the same as Luongo right now and probably better. Plus, Nashville has the never say die mentality that wins series, Vancouver is notoriously weak mentally and easy to rattle.

Predators in 7.

I understand you mean this year's team, but truthfully, let's not forget they just won their very first playoff series as a franchise ever. The never say die mentality has been there for about a week's time if that's what we are basing this off winning series.

Ignoring the regular season series split between these two teams Vancouver has more guns up front and a MUCH deeper D. On the other hand, and note to Kesler and Burrows, Weber can hospitalize players who drop to stop pucks :unsure:

Lopsided talent advantage to Vancouver so my gut says Canucks in 5, six if they absolutely must take a siesta game.

Vancouver in 7. They will be so beat up and worn out from two seven game cross-continental series that the wings will easy sweep them, as they will sweep SJ. HA...ok, so I'm not being realistic... :blush:

Last year, all the Wings fans were up in arms about having to play so soon after winning in Phoenix. They played on April 27th and then had to play San Jose on April 29th. The other Western conference series didn't start until the 30th and Wings fans were crying conspiracy. Here, Vancouver has the same amount of time to prepare between series, having to play on Thursday while the Wings don't play until Friday.

I really don't hear the crying from Canucks fans.