• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Nashville vs. Vancouver

Rate this topic

Guest Save The Octopus

Luongo didn't have to do anything difficult. Canucks win. Get the Sedin's on the score sheet and this series could be over in 4.

I hope the Wings were watching the Preds struggle with their rust and say to themselves, "We can't let that happen to us tomorrow night."

I can see the Wings giving up a lead early tomorrow then getting their legs in the second or third. If they don't give up too much of a lead they should be able to fight back in.

Guest Save The Octopus

Lou got the third star for staying awake :zzz:

Or for not giving up a horrendous rebound goal. :hehe: It's pretty hard not to include a goalie in the 3 stars after he posts a shutout, despite how little work he had during the game.

Edited by Save The Octopus

Lou got the third star for staying awake :zzz:

Haha, that was like watching ants f*** but a win is a win this time of year but I'm pretty sure NSH won't be too upset about the way they played. It might not make sense but Nashville played bad, lost and they still will find a way to get something positive out of it . :lol:

Wow, post a shutout and get the third star. Even the press hates Lulongo.

I guess they gave the first to Schneider.

On the other side, Trotz calling his forwards out for not playing to win. I think they'll have a little more game in them on Saturday. I know I'd hate to be in Barry's dog house.

Wow, if Nashville keeps playing like that this series is going to be a breeze for the Canucks. Rinne was the only guy on the whole team who was even trying.

Wow, post a shutout and get the third star. Even the press hates Lulongo.

Well he only had to make like 20 saves and none of them were particularly epic. Rinne outplayed Lu by far in that game.

Edited by _Kabrok_

Guest Heaten

Chalk this game up as rust for the Nashville Predators, and 'feeling' out the Canucks for the first 40 minutes. The last 20 minutes the Predators began to awaken, and got some nice looks on 7oungo. Mike Fisher is a BEAST. He's the kind of player a team needs to win Championships.

I expect a high energy and physical game from the Preds in game 2.... and honestly, I think Preds win game 2.

Chalk this game up as rust for the Nashville Predators, and 'feeling' out the Canucks for the first 40 minutes. The last 20 minutes the Predators began to awaken, and got some nice looks on 7oungo. Mike Fisher is a BEAST. He's the kind of player a team needs to win Championships.

I expect a high energy and physical game from the Preds in game 2.... and honestly, I think Preds win game 2.

The Preds may very-well play better Saturday, but I don't think rust had anything to do with last night. That's stretching the boundaries of trying to find an excuse. They only had 3 days off between games.

Well he only had to make like 20 saves and none of them were particularly epic. Rinne outplayed Lu by far in that game.

Rinne let in a goal and Luongo let it none. Of course I understand what you're saying - that Rinne looked spectacular, but if the Preds didn't test Luongo the way the Canucks tested Rinne, it's a bit of a misnomer in my opinion to say Luongo was outplayed. He did everything he was called upon to do.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

feeling out? the reason they had more possession in the last period was the canucks stopped the forecheck and played a prevent/trap game. the only good chance nashville had was the fisher breakaway shorthanded. and for all the talk that fisher is the kind of player you need to win championships, the dude has won 0 cups, even when playing on some of those good Ottawa teams a few years ago. he's probably nashville's best forward, and that thought alone is enough to realize nashville ain't winning the cup soon. there's only so far you can go with that kind of a roster, regardless of coaching

The final score was only 1-0, but it may as well have been 10-0. You knew Nashville wasn't going to score last night based on how lousy they were playing. As soon as Higgins scored that goal, they may as well have pretended like it was OT and just left after that. Hopefully Nashville remembers how to play like a professional hockey team on Saturday.

hmm, you would think the Nucks won by 5 goals with these last posts. Any withstood pressure by the Preds (doubt we will see it) and it could turn at any point. It's not that much of a mismatch, granted not a 7 gamer either. I think perspective needs to be kept here.

hmm, you would think the Nucks won by 5 goals with these last posts. Any withstood pressure by the Preds (doubt we will see it) and it could turn at any point. It's not that much of a mismatch, granted not a 7 gamer either. I think perspective needs to be kept here.

If it wasn't for Rinne I think they would have won by 5 goals. And who knows if last night was the Preds being bad or the Canucks being good. That's the third game in a row the Canucks have dominated the opposition and the only reason the other team stayed in it was due to three consecutive games of stellar goal-tending.

Damn that sounds homerish. But it's true. I think the Preds probably had a bit of a bad game though.

If it wasn't for Rinne I think they would have won by 5 goals. And who knows if last night was the Preds being bad or the Canucks being good. That's the third game in a row the Canucks have dominated the opposition and the only reason the other team stayed in it was due to three consecutive games of stellar goal-tending.

Damn that sounds homerish. But it's true. I think the Preds probably had a bit of a bad game though.

Yep but the score was still 1-0. Scary thought throwing your very best for 40 straight minutes to come out with that. I reiterate that the Nucks will get it done in this series but Rinne is something to consider moving forward and any type of pressure or tough shots whatsoever for 7uongo should be interesting.

Yep but the score was still 1-0. Scary thought throwing your very best for 40 straight minutes to come out with that. I reiterate that the Nucks will get it done in this series but Rinne is something to consider moving forward and any type of pressure or tough shots whatsoever for 7uongo should be interesting.

I don't have the stats available at the moment, but Luongo's playoff stats against opposition other than Chicago are amazing. Does that mean anything now? Probably not, but it does lead me to believe he's just one of those guys who has a team he has a tough time dealing with. Khabibulin used to be the same with the Canucks. He hadn't won against the Canucks in something like 14 years prior to the 2009 series.

As for Rinne, I doubt like hell he's going to make it easy for us. If he does it could be a short series. I have to admit I'm pretty confident at this point though that we can get it done, but then I do a reality check and realize there's only been one game played. Forty years of crashing and burning has taught me not to get too high on this stuff.

I feel bad for Rinne seeing as how he played lights out against Canucks and his team really couldn't do much. I am thinking this is going to be another seven game series for the Canucks.

Rinne deserves a good team behind him, that guys outstanding.