• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LetsGoSharks.com

Greetings from LetsGoSharks.com

Rate this topic

Red Wing Fans -

I wanted to extend an olive branch before the start of the series and wish you the best of luck. I think we're all eagerly waiting to see how it plays itself out.

LGW and LGS have been affiliated for several years. Matt S and I published our sites as part of a network for several years with the intent of driving traffic across participating websites. Both our sites are a couple of the oldest on the internet, so I'm glad to see LGW is still going strong.

For those that choose to post on LGS, you'll need to register (as is the case here). You'll find the majority of folks on LGS are pretty respectful and good natured, so it's a nice place to talk hockey and get perspective from opposing fans. In any case, I always encourage our regulars to visit LGW AND behave themselves. Most will try and carry their handles over with them, so you'll be able to reconcile folks between sites. If anyone of our regulars gets out of hand here, email me. Douchbaggery here will only incite reciprocation on LGS, and I can tell you that it's a pain in the butt having to deal with such nonsense. I will sanction any one of my regulars who misbehaves here...we all just want to talk hockey!

We all look forward to good natured ribbing. The graphics threads are by far the highlight of the year, so bring it!

Thanks and good luck,

Mike Lee

Publisher

LetsGoSharks.com

Guest Shoreline

Thanks, and good luck to your Sharks, sir. And by that, I mean "Wings in 3!". ;)

Seriously though, good post.

Edited by Shoreline

Red Wing Fans -

I wanted to extend an olive branch before the start of the series and wish you the best of luck. I think we're all eagerly waiting to see how it plays itself out.

LGW and LGS have been affiliated for several years. Matt S and I published our sites as part of a network for several years with the intent of driving traffic across participating websites. Both our sites are a couple of the oldest on the internet, so I'm glad to see LGW is still going strong.

For those that choose to post on LGS, you'll need to register (as is the case here). You'll find the majority of folks on LGS are pretty respectful and good natured, so it's a nice place to talk hockey and get perspective from opposing fans. In any case, I always encourage our regulars to visit LGW AND behave themselves. Most will try and carry their handles over with them, so you'll be able to reconcile folks between sites. If anyone of our regulars gets out of hand here, email me. Douchbaggery here will only incite reciprocation on LGS, and I can tell you that it's a pain in the butt having to deal with such nonsense. I will sanction any one of my regulars who misbehaves here...we all just want to talk hockey!

We all look forward to good natured ribbing. The graphics threads are by far the highlight of the year, so bring it!

Thanks and good luck,

Mike Lee

Publisher

LetsGoSharks.com

Just look in the Vancouver vs Chicago thread and find the people that enjoy baiting trolls...you'll probably want to block those names on LGS :P

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Because then regulars here get pissed off an reciprocate on LGS. I expect more of my community.

But I like trolling the trolls. :)

Why punish LGS members for what they do here?

And to add on to what he says, the site administrator here strongly, strongly frowns on Wings fans doing the same on other sites, and if somebody here does that on another site, they'll be getting the shaft as well.

Good to meet ya Mike. :)

Classy move Mike! I've gotta give props where they're due. I look forward to some good interaction with other Sharks fans if they have the same level of class (I will say Grypho is doing a good job representing with class as well). I'm also looking forward to the Photoshop wars. You set an example that other fan bases can look to as a good example. Way to really get to the core of the matter early! :)

Regarding the parallel drawn between Yzerman and Thornton, Thornton has a LONG way to go to be an accurate comparison to Stevie Y. Stevie didn't get the accolades until he actually won the Cup. The story of people walking away from him at a table in Vegas saying "there's no luck at this table" is on I remember (if I recall correctly it was recounted in the Steve Yzerman: Heart of a Champion book circa 1996). I'll agree that Thornton had a great series in the first round against LA. However, like Yzerman, he's not going to get the accolades from other fan bases until he actually hoists the cup. Until he does he's going to be marked by his previous catalog of "chokes" by non Sharks fans, and it's not an inaccurate portrait they paint, IMHO.

Edited by TheXym

Guest Howard He Do It?!

And to add on to what he says, the site administrator here strongly, strongly frowns on Wings fans doing the same on other sites, and if somebody here does that on another site, they'll be getting the shaft as well.

Good to meet ya Mike. :)

I don't think it is right to be punished on a site where you are not violating the rules. I shouldn't be banned on LGW for things I say on LGS that could lead to possible punishment.

FYI. If you guys noticed your post is missing from this thread, it's still available. I just merged them into the existing Wings/Sharks discussion thread, which can be located here.

I don't think it is right to be punished on a site where you are not violating the rules. I shouldn't be banned on LGW for things I say on LGS that could lead to possible punishment.

Doing things that might lead to punishment on another board has always been against the rules here. Trolling at another team's fan forum tends to drive their fans to Red Wings forums to troll. The last thing we need on LGW is a flood of retaliatory trolling.

A flood of trolls like that make things a less enjoyable experience for everyone. Members have to read their hateful posts. Mods have to cleanup the mess including any retaliation by members here. And Matt has to watch as more bandwidth is wasted on posts that ultimately get removed anyway, thus driving his hosting costs up.

Trolling other fans' boards has always been considered against the rules here at LGW, and is a suspendible offense. That rule has been in place for as long as I've been here, so going on 7 1/2 years now.

That said, this rule really is not up for discussion. If you want to debate against that rule, a PM to Matt would be the proper place for such a discussion.

Red Wing Fans -

Thanks and good luck,

Mike Lee

Publisher

LetsGoSharks.com

:thumbup:

FYI. If you guys noticed your post is missing from this thread, it's still available. I just merged them into the existing Wings/Sharks discussion thread, which can be located here.

Doing things that might lead to punishment on another board has always been against the rules here. Trolling at another team's fan forum tends to drive their fans to Red Wings forums to troll. The last thing we need on LGW is a flood of retaliatory trolling.

A flood of trolls like that make things a less enjoyable experience for everyone. Members have to read their hateful posts. Mods have to cleanup the mess including any retaliation by members here. And Matt has to watch as more bandwidth is wasted on posts that ultimately get removed anyway, thus driving his hosting costs up.

Trolling other fans' boards has always been considered against the rules here at LGW, and is a suspendible offense. That rule has been in place for as long as I've been here, so going on 7 1/2 years now.

That said, this rule really is not up for discussion. If you want to debate against that rule, a PM to Matt would be the proper place for such a discussion.

Doesn't seem so hard to understand why if you troll on another board you could be punished here. It's like stealing the rival teams Pig and expecting to not get into trouble at your school.

Countries do it, the military does it. Get your sentence there, come back home to face another possible sentence.

I think it's the right thing to do for the reason stated, as it takes away the incentive for anyone who wants to retaliate, and removes their feeling that they can be ass "out there", but enjoy immunity "here". It also acknowledges the fact that you are "representing" any forum for which you are a base member.

Keep that garden weeded, baby - take out all the rubbish, regularly and often, of which the internet already has far too much anyway, and make room for decent people who don't have time or need for that crap.

128769784378243666.jpg

It's great know that even though we are rivals we can act civilly towards one another. I too am looking forward to the upcoming competition both on the ice and on the forums. A very sincere tip of the hat to you!

:siren: Go Wings!!! :siren:

I have a mental picture of Matt that I envision with red clothes, but now I'm envisioning Mike Lee looking the same way, except with blue clothes. Apparently in my mind, hockey forum administrators are brothers in the same sense that Mario and Luigi are brothers.

Anyway, good post and good luck.