• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:19 PM

I don't think it is right to be punished on a site where you are not violating the rules. I shouldn't be banned on LGW for things I say on LGS that could lead to possible punishment.

Countries do it, the military does it. Get your sentence there, come back home to face another possible sentence.

I think it's the right thing to do for the reason stated, as it takes away the incentive for anyone who wants to retaliate, and removes their feeling that they can be ass "out there", but enjoy immunity "here". It also acknowledges the fact that you are "representing" any forum for which you are a base member.

Keep that garden weeded, baby - take out all the rubbish, regularly and often, of which the internet already has far too much anyway, and make room for decent people who don't have time or need for that crap.

#22 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:22 PM

Posted Image
It's great know that even though we are rivals we can act civilly towards one another. I too am looking forward to the upcoming competition both on the ice and on the forums. A very sincere tip of the hat to you!

:siren: Go Wings!!! :siren:

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#23 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:23 PM

GET OUT OF HERE!

Jk, classy post. Good luck, GO WINGS
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#24 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,081 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:31 PM

I have a mental picture of Matt that I envision with red clothes, but now I'm envisioning Mike Lee looking the same way, except with blue clothes. Apparently in my mind, hockey forum administrators are brothers in the same sense that Mario and Luigi are brothers.

Anyway, good post and good luck.

#25 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:04 PM

Suck on my knuckles, *****!

This thread is way too civil for my taste.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#26 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:50 PM

To be 100% honest, I don't like this idea of combining forums. I know it's only a game, but if I wanted to talk to Sharks fans I would have done my own Google search to find a Sharks forum.

After last year, and all the diving by the Sharks, leading to questionable penalties called against the Wings, this maybe a very emotional series. I want revenge and I want the Wings to win big!

I come here to talk to Wings fans, vent, and be a homer without having to hear from other team's fans. I stay away from other team's forums because I think they have every right to talk to their own fans, vent, and be a homer as well without hearing from me.

Just my thoughts...
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#27 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:10 PM

To be 100% honest, I don't like this idea of combining forums. I know it's only a game, but if I wanted to talk to Sharks fans I would have done my own Google search to find a Sharks forum.

After last year, and all the diving by the Sharks, leading to questionable penalties called against the Wings, this maybe a very emotional series. I want revenge and I want the Wings to win big!

I come here to talk to Wings fans, vent, and be a homer without having to hear from other team's fans. I stay away from other team's forums because I think they have every right to talk to their own fans, vent, and be a homer as well without hearing from me.

Just my thoughts...

To be honest, I tend to agree, although it's not the most popular opinion around here. In any case, I try to stay civil, at least until the Wings lose a game ;)

#28 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:16 PM

So wait... I'm not allowed to pick on trolls? :ph34r:

#29 Hell Toupee

Hell Toupee

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:48 PM

Hello Mike!

Good show.

It takes ages to get a confirmation email from you.
I really wanted to participate, but I'm not sure I'll remember what those confirmation emails were about by the time I get them.
I really tried though. Even had a few informational videos lined up for your members in reply to a couple of legit questions.
No trolling or anything of the sort.

Too bad.

When I eventually get them, this series will hopefully be done with. Most likely to your chagrin,

#30 FabHckyBbe

FabHckyBbe

The Fabulous Hockey Babe

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:29 AM

Hello Mike!

Good show.

It takes ages to get a confirmation email from you.
I really wanted to participate, but I'm not sure I'll remember what those confirmation emails were about by the time I get them.
I really tried though. Even had a few informational videos lined up for your members in reply to a couple of legit questions.
No trolling or anything of the sort.

Too bad.

When I eventually get them, this series will hopefully be done with. Most likely to your chagrin,

Mike should fix your registration shortly. He hand checks all registrations to keep out the bots and make sure you're a real live person, but he is very on top of things with the site.
Sharks Chicks Rule!
~The Babe

~~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~~

The FeederForums on LGS

#31 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:29 AM

Mike should fix your registration shortly. He hand checks all registrations to keep out the bots and make sure you're a real live person, but he is very on top of things with the site.

How long does this process usually take? Signed up this morning and haven't recieved my green light to post yet.
ENJOY THE RIDE

#32 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:08 PM

Oh, !@#$. A website posted a thread! It has achieved self-awareness! Nobody is safe! Run!!!!

#33 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:32 PM

Oh, !@#$. A website posted a thread! It has achieved self-awareness! Nobody is safe! Run!!!!

:yowza:

I had the same thought! "Now why would a web site be post- AGGGGHHHHHH!!!"

Yeah, I signed up yesterday, but no posting privs yet. Hope I'm not taking penalty for being a Sharks fan that usually feels more at home on a Wings board!

#34 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:00 PM

Just my thoughts...

I have thought about this a lot, and wanted to chime in with just my thoughts as well, from the perspective of an expat with residence in China. It bothers me when other foreigners (from all over the world) come to China and act like "patriotic" assholes, complaining about China, and mistreating the Chinese, without an ounce of diplomacy or respect - forgetting that they are foreigners. It really pisses me off, because these same assholes are the very types that would not tolerate this kind of clueless arrogance in their own countries.

Other teams' fans are just like foreigners. Guests in someone's house. You can't prevent "the loyal opposition" foreigners from visiting, of course, just as fans from other teams are free to visit other arenas. But I think other team's fans have a common sense requirement to expect and respect that this is HOME to Wings fans, where you alone get to be "patriotic homers" with impunity - just as it is vice versa at their home sites. They don't get have the same license to react with offense to any homer's anger and venting, or to vent in exactly the same way in reverse, as if this was just some neutral free for all web site. It's not. It is Wings territory, first and foremost, and we are not "all in it together".

All said, I think a double standard must be employed. A Wings fan can freely be "ugly" about other teams (without being ugly to other teams' fans). If another team's fan wants to be "ugly" about the Wings, however, they can vent that s*** on their own team's site - or be "deported", if you find that they "just don't get it".

#35 Chris Avram

Chris Avram

Prospect

• 32 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:09 PM

Nice website... :ph34r:

kidding

Go Wings!

#36 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:19 PM

Countries do it, the military does it. Get your sentence there, come back home to face another possible sentence.

Grypho

:ph34r:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:22 PM

Nice website... :ph34r:

kidding

Go Wings!

No, really nice site... Posted Image

kidding, kinda
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#38 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#39 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:42 PM

So wait... I'm not allowed to pick on trolls? :ph34r:

Not across the street...but if you lure them into your house you can go Guantanamo on them...
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#40 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:01 PM

Not across the street...but if you lure them into your house you can go Guantanamo on them...

"Come into my parlor," said the spider to the fly.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke