• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:05 PM

Welcome, just submitted my registration, hope things can stay this classy/civil after the first game lol

Posted Image

#42 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:12 PM

You can just ban me now if you like...

I have little constructive to say about the Sharks, and they are technically my current home team.:ranting:

Go Red Wings!

I don't like this whole being friendly with the opponent thing. To me it's a lie. It's like "Hey hi ya doin? How are ya? Is this fake smile good enough to hide the hammer behind my back?"

#43 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:17 PM

I don't think it is right to be punished on a site where you are not violating the rules. I shouldn't be banned on LGW for things I say on LGS that could lead to possible punishment.

I bet it will make people think twice before they open their mouth and type from now on.... :D
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#44 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:24 PM

I bet it will make people think twice before they open their mouth and type from now on.... :D

Ya, I'll take that bet.

<_<
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 611 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:30 PM

I don't like this whole being friendly with the opponent thing. To me it's a lie. It's like "Hey hi ya doin? How are ya? Is this fake smile good enough to hide the hammer behind my back?"

LOL!! :lol:

Posted Image

#46 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:38 PM

And don't worry about high sticking penalties. If you high stick a Red Wing and draw blood, the Red Wing will get the penalty, I promise.

#47 Muse

Muse

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:11 PM

Hey Mike - thanks for the friendly hello. This will be a very good series!
There's no place like Hockeytown.

#48 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,057 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:17 AM

If you cannot keep the thread on topic and keep it in the spirit intended, do not post. No further warnings will be given.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#49 LetsGoSharks.com

LetsGoSharks.com

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:21 PM

A few things:

1) I go out of my way to make sure members of this site are invited to LGS because I think it's one of the best forums on the net. Matt S runs what I aspire the LGS forums to be.

2) regarding civility on the forums...I'm in my 40's...I want to talk hockey. I'm all for rivalries and good natured ribbing, but ****** baggery is just a waste of everyone's time. Most real Sharks fans will tell you that they would give an appendage to have the same success as the Wings.

3) If you register, it can take some time for be to get your account approved, because I check the reg system a few times a day. It can be a while, so don't expect instant responses.

Oh crap, GAME 2 ON!

Good luck.

Mike

#50 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:05 PM

I do agree with what LGS is saying. Going to another site, talking s*** and making yourself look like a dumbass is stupid. Makes you look bad, the team fans look bad and sometimes even the team. I like talking smack but its mainly towards my friends.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#51 LetsGoSharks.com

LetsGoSharks.com

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:28 PM

Wings Fans -

First, I wanted to extend my congratulations on a great series (and season). Please don't construe this as me rubbing salt in your wound. As a hockey fan, I thought it was a fantastic series. Certainly not the outcome you were hoping for, but entertaining nonetheless. Injuries suck, so losing Cleary and Bertuzzi was tough on your chances. Even with that, last night came down to one goal. Sharks fans have had more than their share of playoff disapointment, so I know how frustrating the day after can be.

I also want to extend my thanks to those of you who contributed on LGS. It's nice when you have a group of knowledgeable fans from other teams visit our site. 99% of the visitors we had visit us had great takes. I suspended one account, because a discussion got a little heated, and I felt it was better to simply extinguish it before it got too out of hand. Hopefully there are no hard feelings from that event.

We made some new friends who we hope will come visit us on the forums from time to time.

I hope Sharks fans (especially those from LGS) conducted themselves in a manner which represented our fan base well. We're all sports fans after all.

Here's looking to many more great playoff series between our two teams. The rivalry is establishing itself as one of the best in professional sports.

Regards,
Mike

#52 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:07 PM

Wings Fans -

First, I wanted to extend my congratulations on a great series (and season). Please don't construe this as me rubbing salt in your wound. As a hockey fan, I thought it was a fantastic series. Certainly not the outcome you were hoping for, but entertaining nonetheless. Injuries suck, so losing Cleary and Bertuzzi was tough on your chances. Even with that, last night came down to one goal. Sharks fans have had more than their share of playoff disapointment, so I know how frustrating the day after can be.

I also want to extend my thanks to those of you who contributed on LGS. It's nice when you have a group of knowledgeable fans from other teams visit our site. 99% of the visitors we had visit us had great takes. I suspended one account, because a discussion got a little heated, and I felt it was better to simply extinguish it before it got too out of hand. Hopefully there are no hard feelings from that event.

We made some new friends who we hope will come visit us on the forums from time to time.

I hope Sharks fans (especially those from LGS) conducted themselves in a manner which represented our fan base well. We're all sports fans after all.

Here's looking to many more great playoff series between our two teams. The rivalry is establishing itself as one of the best in professional sports.

Regards,
Mike

Thank you for opening your forums to us as well....

BUT! I will say that your playoff disappointments will never be as bad as Stanley Cup Finals - Game 7 - at Home and losing to the Pens and that player that we all have grown to hate! .... just sayin' the next day was more bitter than the day it happend...lol nothing compares to that...trust me....

#53 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:16 PM

BUT! I will say that your playoff disappointments will never be as bad as Stanley Cup Finals - Game 7 - at Home and losing to the Pens and that player that we all have grown to hate! .... just sayin' the next day was more bitter than the day it happend...lol nothing compares to that...trust me....

No doubt, that has to be the most bitter of all, the mother of all disappointments in hockey.

#54 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:05 PM

BUT! I will say that your playoff disappointments will never be as bad as Stanley Cup Finals - Game 7 - at Home and losing to the Pens and that player that we all have grown to hate! .... just sayin' the next day was more bitter than the day it happend...lol nothing compares to that...trust
me....

Yup worst of all time for me.

#55 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:54 PM

I appreciate the kindness, but I'd be lying through my teeth if I were to wish you good luck. I cannot bring myself to root for your team. Sorry, but I have to be honest. I'm rooting for Boston.
Posted Image

#56 WingedHorse

WingedHorse

Prospect

• 33 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:24 PM

I appreciate the kindness, but I'd be lying through my teeth if I were to wish you good luck. I cannot bring myself to root for your team. Sorry, but I have to be honest. I'm rooting for Boston.

I agree 100% with Kira. As an ex-Californian (I moved to MI in 2000), and one who has friends who are Sharks fans STILL in the Land of Fruits and Nuts, I was one of the many Red Wings fans who submitted Joe Thornton as Public Enemy #1 on WBBL radio. Your team may think that it is patterning itself after the Red Wings, but they will never have the class that the Wings do. I cannot and will not wish you luck. I am rooting for Tampa Bay now - Go Martin St. Louis! Go Vinny Lecavalier! Go Stamkos!

Edited by WingedHorse, 14 May 2011 - 06:25 PM.

#57 LetsGoSharks.com

LetsGoSharks.com

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:48 PM

No worries. I can relate. My unwritten (now written) rules to fandom:

1) never root for the team that bounced yours from the playoffs

2) never buy a pro jersey and put YOUR name on the back of it

3) never wear a jersey for team X to game being played by teams Y & Z

4) never buy cotton candy at a game, unless it's for your 6 year-old son/daughter/nephew/neice that's sitting by your side

5) never stand up, for Christ's sake, while the puck / ball is in play (note: a goal in the net, does not constitute as a puck in play)

6) you may only support a team that is within driving distance of your birth place, or your father grew up rotting for them

7) you must hate with a passion at least one other sports team, preferably the next closest team within driving distance of your birth place.

8) never, ever, throw anything onto the field of play unless it's a hat after a hat trick (I know this will rub some of you marine life haters the wrong way!)

9) paying for a ticket to the game doesn't give the right to be a ******. Behave at a game like you would if your mom was sitting behind you.

and finally...

10) never flip allegiances between two teams. It's forbidden.

#58 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

I agree with these.

I disagree here. When I lived in California, I went to a few Sharks playoff games with friends, one with an ex to a Sharks/Flames playoff game who was here from Greece. She wore my Brendan Shanahan jersey (which she subsequently kept, the b...), I wore my black Red Wings practice jersey.

I also wore my Wings jerseys to music performances at the HP Pavilion, very notably, Heaven and Hell [i.e. later Black Sabbath] with Ronnie James Dio before he passed. (RIP)

There is never a bad time to wear X jersey to Y and Z game. You paid for the ticket (or were gifted it in one occasion for me), you wear what you like -- it's a bonus if it pisses off rival fans. ;)

4) never buy cotton candy at a game, unless it's for your 6 year-old son/daughter/nephew/neice that's sitting by your side

That's why you put their cotton candy next to the beer so you can *accidentally* put your hand in it and out of disgust just happen to eat it to get the crap off your hands.

5) never stand up, for Christ's sake, while the puck / ball is in play (note: a goal in the net, does not constitute as a puck in play)

Except when there's a fight in the stands. :D

6) you may only support a team that is within driving distance of your birth place, or your father grew up rotting for them

That would be my case, given my dad was born in Livonia and raised in MI, and I inherited some of his Red Wing trinkets.

7) you must hate with a passion at least one other sports team, preferably the next closest team within driving distance of your birth place.

That would be the Sharks, Ducks, Kings, Coyotes. Unfortunately I don't hate any of those teams, but I still want San Jose to get bounced in 4 from Vancouver.

8) never, ever, throw anything onto the field of play unless it's a hat after a hat trick (I know this will rub some of you marine life haters the wrong way!)

It's okay, we make exceptions for octopi. :lol:

9) paying for a ticket to the game doesn't give the right to be a ******. Behave at a game like you would if your mom was sitting behind you.

But I like being a ******. It's funny to boo Marleau during a playoff game, saying he sucks, some Sharks fan turn around to high five you, then realizing you are a Red Wings fan. Doh. :lol:

So true.

#59 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:36 PM

and finally...

1) That is kind of a given.

2) That is just too egotistical.

3) If I wasn't going to a game played by team x, why would I wear their jersey to any other game but theirs?

4) Never buy cotton candy. PERIOD. That is just nasty s***.

5) Hear hear...my other half is in a wheelchair at games and to have people stand up in front of him during the game is just downright rude. He'd like to see what's going on too.

6) Doesn't work. My housemate grew up in North Carolina and is a die hard Boston fan. And "ROTTING" for a team??? Me thinks there is a typo at work?

7) Again, ain't necessarily so. I'm not within a day's driving distance of your team (no offense), but I hate them with a passion.

8) I wouldn't throw anything on the ice...can't afford to.

9) AMEN!!!

10) Right now, I have to cheer for Boston, but it's because I want to keep peace with my housemate.
Posted Image

#60 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,408 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:59 AM

Unless, YOUR last name happens to be the same as the player.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.