• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KeslerFan

Question: Why do Wings fans hate the Canucks?

Rate this topic

cuz canuck fans start s*** of fire when their team loses.

s*** of fire? Don't they make some type of medication or topical cream to alleviate that?

On a serious note, I think it really comes down to the sense of entitlement without having won anything that gets on most other fans' nerves. Or it might just be because Bobby Lou is such an asshat and we're sick of hearing the "Loooooooooou" chants after every routine save.

Constant complaining from Gillis/Vigneault is what really stuck out to me this year...I was almost going to go for the Canucks after the Wings' elimination, but then Gillis or Vig (Forget who it was) started bitching about the amount of powerplays/penalties in the Chicago series after they lost a couple of games. Didn't see him say a word in the first 3 games...

I think this is just imagined.. all season long, all you heard on the sports radio shows/newspapers in Vancouver is that none of this matters because the playoffs are where you really prove yourself. We've had enough regular season success that we all know it means almost squat (tho home ice advantage in game 7 last night definitely helped).

apparently luongo didn't get this message....

regardless, I just don't like it when I'm with a bunch of canucks fans watching the playoffs and they are all experts all of a sudden. These are people I KNOW watch maybe 3 regular season games. Then I ask them if they know who Pavel Bure is and they are like "Who?"

Thats like asking a wings fan who Federov is... and everyone knows that - and im not exaggerating when I say everyone.

Regardless, I hate every team other than the wings. there is only varying degrees of hate.

I don't hate the Canucks. What I dislike is the rioting and looting after their team loses a Game 7. There is no excuse for it. I felt the same when Detroit rioted after they won the World Series back in 1984. I mean, its just a freaking game.

I dislike the Nucks more now than before the playoffs. Kesler looks like a prideful punk, Luongo isn't the great goalie he's made out to be and I'm annoyed nearly anytime he's mentioned, but I think their fans are the real kicker. Their fans, pretty much all of Canada when the playoffs started, just seem so arrogant and basically expected them to sweep everybody.

I have never ever heard of this supposed hatred. I doesn't really make sense to me. But I'll venture a guess. Sometimes, West Coast teams, people, states, etc. are not really too highly thought of among the people in the Midwest and on the East Coast...which might make sense if Vancouver were in the U.S. I'm baffled by this though.

I never really paid much attention to most of the players, but Burrows is pretty much like another player on the Ducks to me now. Diving, taking cheap shots, bitching. Just play the damn game.

1994 SCF loss = Vancouver riots.

2011 SCF loss = Vancouver riots.

They seem to have the second part down cold; time to work on the first part.

Actually, seems like they're performing both portions of the equation pretty well. :ph34r:

I don't hate the Canucks, but I am really glad they lost because so many of the players whom I liked were acting without class in that series.

Canucks still remain in the top half of teams I like in the league. Boston just happened to be the team in the East I liked second most this year, and one of my all time favourite teams.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Am I the only one who really hopes that the Canuck fan who took the flash/band grenade to the junk was actually one of the green men?

I just assumed the Green Men had no junk. How else do you get in a green spandex suit? I bet the Sedins know.

Honest question, what did the Canucks ever do to the Wings to make them so hated here on these forums?

Pretty much everyone I've talked to in Vancouver has a ton of respect for the Red Wings and their organization (great, classy players; fantastic management). Even our own GM said they want to model Vancouver's franchise based on the way the Red Wings are run.

We don't really have any playoff rivalry, nor can I think of any incident a Canuck has done to a Red Wing to garner such hatred.. am I missing something? I'm personally a big fan of the Wings and always root for them when the Canucks are out of the playoffs; but reading the forums here makes me want to dislike the Wings because you hate us so much. (probably a very illogical feeling but likely a natural reaction)

Speaking for myself: I don't have a grudge against the Canucks. I was rooting for them up until Thomas started putting on a clinic and Luongo fell apart on the road. At that point I felt like it could be Thomas' last shot at a Cup. With the way he was playing at 37 years old it felt like this was his his year.

The Canucks have a really bright future ahead of them, though. They need to get Luongo a full-time sports psychologist, though. Getting to the finals and falling short was something the Wings had to go through in the 90's (when they were swept by the Devils) before the dynastic group of Wings players put it all together.

If last nights shameful acts weren't enough reason to answer this question, I don't know what is...

best and most appropriate resurrection of a thread ever by the way!

haha yea.... saw the stuff about the riots, remembered this thread from a while back, had to bump it, and someone gave me a minus for it...

oh and lol @luongo, he should play for the sharks, would choke with the rest of them.

Edited by wings1110

haha yea.... saw the stuff about the riots, remembered this thread from a while back, had to bump it, and someone gave me a minus for it...

oh and lol @luongo, he should play for the sharks, would choke with the rest of them.

Well, I got you even...

Luongo seems to fall apart when the pressure is on... this is why a team simply cannot drop that kinda money on a goalie, if he wasn't so high priced, they could have gone to Schneider and maybe would have won... I personally think Schneider is ready for a starting gig...