• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KeslerFan

Question: Why do Wings fans hate the Canucks?

Rate this topic

It's more a matter of fans being a bunch of arrogant jackasses. Proof in point, rioting after the game the other night. I know a lot of it wasn't real fans of the team, but damn, did you have to go and do that s*** and not only make your city look bad, but hockey fans in general??? I mean, come on, 100 people arrested, 150 taken to hospital for injuries - really, is that what you want people to remember about your team and its fans?

I was actually cheering for the Canucks every series but here's some pretty simple reasons why I would dislike the team:

Mouth piece Lapierre

Piece of s*** Burrows (Do Canucks fans even like Burrows?)

Sedins just taking punches and the rest of team just allowing the opposition to take advantage of their best players

The team that dives the most (including teams that compete in the sport of diving)

The way some of them handle the media and call out their own players (Kesler)

No one really on the team that stands out as "super likeable"

But I still don't hate them and like them more than Boston but the above should give you a start

Honest question, what did the Canucks ever do to the Wings to make them so hated here on these forums?

Pretty much everyone I've talked to in Vancouver has a ton of respect for the Red Wings and their organization (great, classy players; fantastic management). Even our own GM said they want to model Vancouver's franchise based on the way the Red Wings are run.

We don't really have any playoff rivalry, nor can I think of any incident a Canuck has done to a Red Wing to garner such hatred.. am I missing something? I'm personally a big fan of the Wings and always root for them when the Canucks are out of the playoffs; but reading the forums here makes me want to dislike the Wings because you hate us so much. (probably a very illogical feeling but likely a natural reaction)

Honestly I like a handful of players on that team and have been of many Canucks players over the years. I'm a big Kesler fan, though less so with the diving this playoffs. But in my experience with Canucks fans this season, both online and in person, they've largely proven to be obnoxious and condescending. They act like no one understands the game of hockey as well as they do. And beyond that, have some weird need to get fans of other teams to agree that the Canucks are a great team. It's bizarre.

Add to that the way the Canucks played during this playoffs. The frequent diving, especially by the Sedins (it seems to be mostly Henrik) is embarrassing. They're certainly not the only guys in the league doing it, but I always hate when talented players flop like that. Kesler too. Then Burrows and his biting. Torres out running guys. It was a disgrace to the sport.

Add that all together and it makes for an easy team to hate. Or at least root to lose. I have to admit I did get some joy thinking of all the arrogant a-hole Canucks fans I've run across this season suffering as their team choked in game 7.

Just goes to show dominating in the regular season does not equal the Cup.

Guest Crymson

Honestly I like a handful of players on that team and have been of many Canucks players over the years. I'm a big Kesler fan, though less so with the diving this playoffs. But in my experience with Canucks fans this season, both online and in person, they've largely proven to be obnoxious and condescending. They act like no one understands the game of hockey as well as they do. And beyond that, have some weird need to get fans of other teams to agree that the Canucks are a great team. It's bizarre.

Add to that the way the Canucks played during this playoffs. The frequent diving, especially by the Sedins (it seems to be mostly Henrik) is embarrassing. They're certainly not the only guys in the league doing it, but I always hate when talented players flop like that. Kesler too. Then Burrows and his biting. Torres out running guys. It was a disgrace to the sport.

Add that all together and it makes for an easy team to hate. Or at least root to lose. I have to admit I did get some joy thinking of all the arrogant a-hole Canucks fans I've run across this season suffering as their team choked in game 7.

Just goes to show dominating in the regular season does not equal the Cup.

I agree wholeheartedly with all of this.

Guest Crymson

I do feel sorry for Luongo though

He'll be averaging $5.5m for the next 11 years. I don't feel any sympathy for him, regardless of how terrible he may play at times.

I don't hate them but neither like them.The way they behaved on and off the ice this year's Playoffs is pretty pathetic and the best of all is that they talk about stepping up in the SCF next year like it's sure thing :thumbdown:

As a Wings fan, I don't give two flying figs about the Canucks one way or the other. The only team I care about is the Red Wings. If you're not the Red Wings, you're basically meaningless to me.

So it's incredibly irresponsible to think, even by some small measure, that Wings fans in toto have some seething, burning hatred for your hockey team. It's not like you're a Penguins fan. People here are not the barometer by which all other Wings fans are to be measured.

How come?

Personally, I don't feel bad for him in the slightest. His play, his comments, his attitude - nothing to respect there from my standpoint.

He is still one of the best goalies in the league and he clearly has sort of psychological issue in the playoffs. Also, what do you mean his comments and attitude? He seems to be one of the nicer guys in the league and I think he has always had a good and positive attitude from what I see. Was what he said about Thomas really that bad?

He'll be averaging $5.5m for the next 11 years. I don't feel any sympathy for him, regardless of how terrible he may play at times.

He should be getting 10/year

Canucks' fans hate every team that isn't Vancouver. They have a strong hatred for Detroit because of our success (and they're still pissed about the 2002 comeback). I've been to a number of DET-VAN games at G.M. Place (pre-name change)and the fans were pretty bad every game (typical "Red Wings suck!" chant, people wiping their asses with Detroit Red Wings' flags, making remarks about the crime rate in Detroit, etc). I've never seen a franchise with 0 championships that felt such a sense of entitlement as I've seen with Vancouver.

We hate them because they are so far away. Detroit should be in the Eastern conference. Detroit gets screwed with their away games, especially with the 10pm starts.