Photo
* * - - - 6 votes

Question: Why do Wings fans hate the Canucks?

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#141 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:04 PM

As a Wings fan, I don't give two flying figs about the Canucks one way or the other. The only team I care about is the Red Wings. If you're not the Red Wings, you're basically meaningless to me.

So it's incredibly irresponsible to think, even by some small measure, that Wings fans in toto have some seething, burning hatred for your hockey team. It's not like you're a Penguins fan. People here are not the barometer by which all other Wings fans are to be measured.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#142 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:50 PM

How come?

Personally, I don't feel bad for him in the slightest. His play, his comments, his attitude - nothing to respect there from my standpoint.

He is still one of the best goalies in the league and he clearly has sort of psychological issue in the playoffs. Also, what do you mean his comments and attitude? He seems to be one of the nicer guys in the league and I think he has always had a good and positive attitude from what I see. Was what he said about Thomas really that bad?

He'll be averaging $5.5m for the next 11 years. I don't feel any sympathy for him, regardless of how terrible he may play at times.

He should be getting 10/year

#143 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:22 AM

I was indifferent in the series until Bitey McBiteavitch came out. Then I was pulling for the Bruins to keep the Cup from him. No real man ever bites another.

#144 DesertWing

DesertWing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

Canucks' fans hate every team that isn't Vancouver. They have a strong hatred for Detroit because of our success (and they're still pissed about the 2002 comeback). I've been to a number of DET-VAN games at G.M. Place (pre-name change)and the fans were pretty bad every game (typical "Red Wings suck!" chant, people wiping their asses with Detroit Red Wings' flags, making remarks about the crime rate in Detroit, etc). I've never seen a franchise with 0 championships that felt such a sense of entitlement as I've seen with Vancouver.

#145 #96

Adopt me Homer!

• Bronze Booster
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:39 AM

We hate them because they are so far away. Detroit should be in the Eastern conference. Detroit gets screwed with their away games, especially with the 10pm starts.
Posted Image