• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Yep, the Sharks won one more game than the Wings and the Kings won one less game than the Wings.

Sure their star player was out, but the Kings were still a tough team.

Factor this in with the Pacific Division being the strongest in the NHL. One less win than the Wings, playing in the Pacific, warrants more respect for the Sharks first round opponent.

The Wings are playing playoff hockey, not regular season hockey, their healthier then they have been in a long time, if they let these 2 team just play their game it will be nothing like last year.............and I`m hoping Franzen`s still p!ssed!

Yep, the Sharks won one more game than the Wings and the Kings won one less game than the Wings.

Sure their star player was out, but the Kings were still a tough team.

Factor this in with the Pacific Division being the strongest in the NHL. One less win than the Wings, playing in the Pacific, warrants more respect for the Sharks first round opponent.

When you have to resort to factoring in which teams play in which division during the regular season in order to prove your team is better... it isn't.

Edited by Broken 16

Modano Scratched.... That OTHER GUY still playing even though he sucks.... :ranting:

I am sure Modano is glad he signed here to be scratched during the playoffs, especially for a little hobbit who cant do s***...

anyhow, Go Wings! Here's to Modano getting in and feeling like he contributed...

Edited by LeftWinger

5-2 Wings.

Also I predict Wings and Sharks fans being friendly to each other on our message boards will quickly come to an end 10 minutes into the game, when Setoguchi takes a dive to try and draw a penalty, and Thornton takes a run at Zetterberg.

I give you all credit for trying, but this is to emotional a series to try and be nice to each other.

Modano Scratched.... That OTHER GUY still playing even though he sucks.... :ranting:

I am sure Modano is glad he signed here to be scratched during the playoffs, especially for a little hobbit who cant do s***...

anyhow, Go Wings! Here's to Modano getting in and feeling like he contributed...

You mean Hudler, the guy that's been more effective for most of the season than Modano?

Mo knew going in that he was a depth signing.

The central division was one goal away from having 3 teams in the WCS. Pretty sure that means we had the strongest division.

The Pacific was one game away from having all 5 in the playoffs. Instead it was merely 4. And I think this says absolutely nothing about anything.

I'm going to guess that the Wings lose this one. 9 days off is a long, long time, and I'm sorry but no amount of practice can put you on form with that kind of break. But after that? Anybody's series. Both teams match up well, both teams want it. Even though I think the Wings are going to spot the Sharks a game I still think they have just as much chance to take the series.

5-2 Wings.

Also I predict Wings and Sharks fans being friendly to each other on our message boards will quickly come to an end 10 minutes into the game, when Setoguchi takes a dive to try and draw a penalty, and Thornton takes a run at Zetterberg.

I give you all credit for trying, but this is to emotional a series to try and be nice to each other.

Agreed!

Runs at Holmstrom and Nick too!!!

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

We just need to shutdown the top two lines for the Sharks, and our bottom 6 will outmatch their bottom 6.

OH yeah. Did you also see where their fourth line plays about 5 minutes a game? So we be wearing down all the lines while we're at it! :thumbup:

You mean Hudler, the guy that's been more effective for most of the season than Modano?

Mo knew going in that he was a depth signing.

I have filled my quota of that name, cannot mention it until May. You cannot compare any player to someone who was injured over half the season....

I respect your opinion though.

Let's Go Wings!

We just need to shutdown the top two lines for the Sharks, and our bottom 6 will outmatch their bottom 6.

I have a feeling that before the series is over, or even game 1, the Sharks will be worrying more about Helm's line than Fil's...