• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Our effort tonight was disgraceful.

This, stop complaining about what the team can't control. The reffing wasn't great, but they outplayed us for most of the game, the result wasn't that surprising and would've been had a lot sooner if it wasn't for Howard.

i don't blame this on anyone but detroit.

dats and z were the only 2 forwards doing anything.

not nearly enough effort out of everyone.

very different team in game 1 compared to the phoenix series.

I didn't see Z do anything profound. He's a step slow. Franzen was mediocre, Fil was terrible in the O zone. Huds was timid, Abs was lame, and Cleary forgot how to play hockey.

Our effort tonight was disgraceful.

Exactly, we had no legs all night, some bad calls but we just got out worked for pretty much 60+ minutes. Jimmy and Dats were good but I'd be stretching to find another guy who played well.

Well... At least we know Jimmy can steal a game for us.

Keep your sticks down.

Don't slash near the hands.

Don't touch Pavelski.

The rust is gone. Now it's time to steal the series by winning the next game. We couldn't go 16-0, we were bound to lose a game.

Our penalty killing finally showed up.

Put Draper in for Hudler.

/Disagree

if anyone needs to sit, its Abs, Hudler actually had some chances, Ab just kinda was running around, he played the body instead of the puck on the GWG and couldnt keep his stick down.

Fixed it for you.

Saying that the refs suck doesn't mean that I think the Red Wings played well. All I know is that Detroit had a 1-0 lead on the road halfway through the third period, then proceeded to get slapped with 8 minutes of penalties in the next 13 minutes of game action and wound up losing 2-1. If that game finished 5-on-5, I'm pretty confident Detroit's up 1-0 right now.

Tough to win when you have to kill 5 penalties in a row. SJ got that game handed to them on a silver platter. They better thank the NHL officials for that win. The only way we'll see fair and consistent officiating is if they use robots. If they're letting stuff go early, it should be the same through out the game.

Overall I thought we played a great road game. All we have to do is win Game 2, which I think we can, and we're fine.

And the doomsaying begins. If you have so little faith in the team, then stop watching the games.

we've seen this before. Maybe they'll prove me wrong. But given that effort I don't see it right now.

If that doesn't jive with your worldview - that's just too goddamn bad.

Well... At least we know Jimmy can steal a game for us.

Keep your sticks down.

Don't slash near the hands.

Don't touch Pavelski.

The rust is gone. Now it's time to steal the series by winning the next game. We couldn't go 16-0, we were bound to lose a game.

Our penalty killing finally showed up.

Put Draper in for Hudler.

Actually I thought Hudler played reasonably well.

Wow, why is everyone being so harsh on abby? that call on the high stick was b.s. maybe, MAYBE a 2 in minor, but not double. how easily u all have forgotten how great his play was earlier in the game. his physical play has been some of the best on the team. everyone settle down. Who'ld u replace him with? Drapes? I love drapes, but eaves deserves to go before abby does

Tough to win when you have to kill 5 penalties in a row. SJ got that game handed to them on a silver platter. They better thank the NHL officials for that win. The only way we'll see fair and consistent officiating is if they use robots. If they're letting stuff go early, it should be the same through out the game.

Overall I thought we played a great road game. All we have to do is win Game 2, which I think we can, and we're fine.

Agreed. They'll win 2-3-4, lose 5, finish it in 6.

Edited by Casey

you know considering how long a break Detroit has had, considering how badly they were outworked throw almost a full two periods... this is not the end of the world.. it's an OT loss. Get a grip already!

can someone please ban this moron already?

talk s*** then say its not the end of the world just so you try and save face to make yourself look not too much like a troll that you are

What kills me is that after that FREAKING SUPERB PK, we didn't even get the puck out of the zone in the 15-20 secs after we killed it. If we had, who knows what happens.

Devestated, but the Wings really, really need to figure out ways to beat the Sharks.

/Disagree

if anyone needs to sit, its Abs, Hudler actually had some chances, Ab just kinda was running around, he played the body instead of the puck on the GWG and couldnt keep his stick down.

Draper kills penalties and with the diving by the Sharks, we need him more.

The Sharks just seem to have our number right now. It was really funny reading how the Wings were gonna bring the fore check tonight, and how they wanted revenge. Better effort in game 2? I don't know if I should bother watching though.

We played a great road period in the first but after that we spent most if the game on our heels. Looked like we were skating in quicksand with way too many turnovers.

Time to change up the line combos and put Hank in between Cleary and Bertuzzi. Why the hell is Abby there anyway? He doesn't have enough skill and is a bonehead playing with another one in Bertuzzi.

Datsyuk needs to go back to playing with Franzen and Homer. Otherwise, we're only gonna have one good line the whole series.

And for the love of f**king Satan, please have different commentators calling our games from now on at Versus.

Anyone else notice how Helm just sat at the blue line while the goal scorer and another Shark double teamed Z?

Also the penalty call was so weak... the moron put Abdelkader stick in the air when he was trying to tie him up and then he runs into it.

I've never seen such poor officiating in the playoffs when these two teams play each other. I REALLY hope Holland/Babcock says something about the officiating to set the damn refs straight. Last year this happened when they tried to draw penalties left and right, now it needs to stop. The eaves slash on Marleau was just downright pathetic and the Bertuzzi hit on Pavelski makes me want to puke with the sell job. The Wings need to get there heads out of there asses and wake up because series are won on momentum. It's time to stop ******* around and sitting back and go full out. Stop worrying about hitting and just shoot the god damn puck.

I'm waiting on you Babcock, tell the god damn media something so this gets known or this series will be over VERY quickly.

//End of ******* rant