• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

A little rat with the heart of a tiger. I will take Pavelski anyhow anyway anyday on any team. The guy is absolutely clutch, particularly against the wings. I imagine the rat moniker comes with a certain level of respect????

Hate to say it because I don't want to give fuel to the fire, but the 4 min penalty in OT was kind of weak. 2min yea, but 4? Not unless his ear fell off.

That being said, I was somewhat surprised the wings weren't more fired up when they killed off the penalty. I expected quite a bit more energy from them at that point. In my opinion, that was the difference in the game. Wings effort was spotty at best, when they were on they obviously dictated the play, but they seemed to get tired or disinterested for long stretches. The score could have been much higher if not for Howard.

No argument on Pavelski embellishing? That was my main point.

PP goals aren't very impressive, especially when they are gained through soccer tactics.

<br />Man, if only the Wings cared as much about winning as we did.

I used to run track in HS... so i know what times are fast or what times are slow etc. Was watching the olympics 1600m run and... thought to myself 'dam they're going slow, i bet if i haul ass i could keep up for the first bit'

looked at the times being posted and... they were flying way faster than i could dream of doing myself.

point is, just because they arent burning out 110% doesnt mean they are lazy. also sometimes its not a reflection on poor play, sometimes its the other team going 110% and making us look slow.

whatever the case, we didnt have enough to overcome all the obstacles and... well its a 7 game series.

Suter is a UFA in 2012.

Ah well played Doc. I thought you said pick him up next season, I understand now.

What about for the rest of this series? Cause if we show up for the rest of the series like we showed up tonight, we are doomed. I think we need to wait until Game 2, I just think the layover killed us IMHO.

I used to run track in HS... so i know what times are fast or what times are slow etc. Was watching the olympics 1600m run and... thought to myself 'dam they're going slow, i bet if i haul ass i could keep up for the first bit'

looked at the times being posted and... they were flying way faster than i could dream of doing myself.

point is, just because they arent burning out 110% doesnt mean they are lazy. also sometimes its not a reflection on poor play, sometimes its the other team going 110% and making us look slow.

whatever the case, we didnt have enough to overcome all the obstacles and... well its a 7 game series.

Mule and Cleary were floating around out there tonight...

I don't think the reffing was as horrible as everyone is claiming it to be. The only call that should not have been made was the Rafalski penalty on Heatley. If you get your stick nears someones face and they jerk their head back, it'll get called 9/10. If you slash near the hands and they go down in a heap, that'll be called 9/10. If you tap someone in the numbers against the boards and they go down like they've been shot, that'll get called 9/10 at full speed. Wings either need to stop giving the refs something to call, or start diuving themselves.

We WILL win game two, mark it down!!!

LET'S GO WINGS!!!

No argument on Pavelski embellishing? That was my main point.

PP goals aren't very impressive, especially when they are gained through soccer tactics.

Not worth the effort. Clearly the league has it out for the wings.

Reffing aside, the Wings were not prepared for the Sharks tonight. The Sharks played better across the board. They had more shots, more scoring chances, and good puck luck tonight. Especially in the 2nd and 3rd periods. The refs didn't decide the game, the players did. The Wings only have themselves to blame for this loss. I suppose that Wings fans here will find the refs good targets to blame in a few embelleshed calls were the reason that the Sharks won that game. Look at the stats across the board first and you will see the truth.

Sharks led in shots 46-25 and had the puck in the offensive end for a bulk of the time in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Give the Sharks some credit. They came ready to play.

I agree. The Sharks controlled most of the play and the Wings were fortunate Jimmy was on the ball tonight, or there might not have been overtime at all.

I think we can go ahead and dub Abdelkader's aborted odd man rush turned penalty as worst play of the year, but it was Datsyuk at the very end of the PK with the puck on his stick with a chance to clear that got stripped, beginning the chain of events that led to the Wings' demise. The little things that kill you...

I thought they were going to put on a much better showing, honestly, especially as the game wore on and they got their legs back. But the opposite happened, so what do I know. Still, it's only one game, which they had every opportunity to win (but didn't). A whole lot can change between now and Game 2.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

Not worth the effort. Clearly the league has it out for the wings.

I'll wander over to your board after Detroit wins game 2 and take a gander at what will look very similar to what's here tonight.

Best of 7 guys....wake up call for the Wings. Shake the rust off and answer. Off to Sunday we go.

Edited by Klunzo

This is one of the most stupidest things I've ever read on this site, seriously?????

Did you not see everyone except Lidstrom,Howard and Datsyuk floating around out there? Look, this team was saying how they had eight days off, and how they wanted revenge for last year, and they came out terrible for majority of the game.

This game is such a let down because I wanted the Wings to take it to the Sharks. I used to like the Sharks but since last years playoffs I find myself always rooting for other teams to beat them.

I hope that the Wings will play with fire and determination in the next game to show who the better team really is.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

i want to hear Electrophiles reaction to this game! :hehe::lol:

After all is said and done, this was a tough loss. Woulda, shoulda, coulda....but they didn't, end of. Wings need to pick it up on Sunday, and head home with the series ties at two. If they can pull that off, then all is good with the world. GO WINGS!!!

After all is said and done, this was a tough loss. Woulda, shoulda, coulda....but they didn't, end of. Wings need to pick it up on Sunday, and head home with the series ties at two. If they can pull that off, then all is good with the world. GO WINGS!!!

1288851932805.jpg