• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

I thought Detroit played the perfect road game. They played a tight checking game and played solid defensively. Wings owned the 1st and most of the 3rd. Wings outhit the Sharks and seemed to be smart with the puck. The 'shots on goal' stat was scewed, VS announces called 12 shots on net for detroit. Then Red Wings took 3 more nice shots on Niemi, yet announcers called them with 12 shots still later in the game. Home team always screw the SOG stats. Red Wings played pretty damn good for being on the road and getting 8 days off. Detroit definitely deserved to win that game. Sharks can't even score 5-on-5. I know they got credit for 5-on-5 for the 2nd goal, but the players were exhausted and out of position.

Wings win that game 10 times out of 10 with fair and balanced officiating.

:blink:

Did you watch this game.

We got owned for most of the night and played uninspired. If you call that the perfect road game, then I'm glad you're not a Florida Panthers fan.

Guest Heaten

:blink:

Did you watch this game.

We got owned for most of the night and played uninspired. If you call that the perfect road game, then I'm glad you're not a Florida Panthers fan.

No, I watched a ******* circus act performed by the officials. Wings won the first and most of the 3rd. The SOG stat was slightly scewed. The Wings weren't giving the Sharks much time or space, and outhit them.

The phantom Bertuzzi roughing penalty was a joke, especially considering Filpulla got hit the same way and there was no call after the game was tied. The reffing is exactly the same as it was last year.

I have the game DVR'd by the way. I always record playoff games so I can review the game to see areas the Wings need improvement. I re-watched parts of the game over again. My stance is Detroit played fine all things considered.

Since I took the time to write out a detailed perspective of the game, and you had a one liner that offered no perspective... may I ask if you watched the game...?! :huh:

No, I watched a ******* circus act performed by the officials. Wings won the first and most of the 3rd. The SOG stat was slightly scewed. The Wings weren't giving the Sharks much time or space, and outhit them.

The phantom Bertuzzi roughing penalty was a joke, especially considering Filpulla got hit the same way and there was no call after the game was tied. The reffing is exactly the same as it was last year.

I have the game DVR'd by the way. I always record playoff games so I can review the game to see areas the Wings need improvement. I re-watched parts of the game over again. My stance is Detroit played fine all things considered.

Since I took the time to write out a detailed perspective of the game, and you had a one liner that offered no perspective... may I ask if you watched the game...?! :huh:

Except that most of the people that are pretty well-known for not being outrageous homers agree with GMR in this case; that the Wings didn't play very well outside of brief moments.

The shots on goal really drives that point home. Go watch the game again and time how long each team was in their own zone, and pay attention to the Wings' breakout attempts.

That said, it's not the end of the world. It's game one, and I fully expect Babcock to have the boys ready to play tomorrow.

Yah, its was because of the refs that the shots were 46 - 25 in favor of the sharks...

eg9xg6.jpg

they were playing the boards horribly, mainly in there zone. the sharks would dump the puck around the back of the net with out one wings player making an attempt to stop it there and by the time they realized where the puck was the sharks had already set up two to three shots on goal. For the couple of minutes I was able to catch the game, I watched the sharks countless times dump the puck in and watched hudler and a couple other wings either watch the puck go bye or it bounced over there stick everytime and right into the sharks stick for a set up shot on goal. Just really sloppy playing. What the wings need to do out the gate for next game is control the tempo. Thats the biggest thing with last nights game, it seemed as if they were trying to force set ups and make plays there weren't there. They never made an attempt to slow the pass down. The wings have always seem to play 90% better after they slow the speed of the game down, make clean properly placed passes and take well aimed shots from just out side of the blue line. The sharks seem to have most of the control of the tempo and it seem to me that it put the wings in more of a frantic game play. They were more worried of getting there stick on puck and dumping it just so they could get some breathing room. However that didn't seem to work that well for the wings. I'm still new to the game as far as picking about each aspect of what went well and what went wrong but thats just my two centscool.gif

So 7 more is dominating?

When talking offensively it is. I wouldn't have responded if the SOG was like 40-56.

The Wings I'm used to seeing hit at the 30 shot mark whether they win or lose.

I'm suggesting that the ref were not the only reason they lost

They didn't play enough solid offense (outside the 1st obviously, but even then

I'ld like to see them take more shots if they're in that end for so long)

When talking offensively it is. I wouldn't have responded if the SOG was like 40-56.

The Wings I'm used to seeing hit at the 30 shot mark whether they win or lose.

I'm suggesting that the ref were not the only reason they lost

They didn't play enough solid offense (outside the 1st obviously, but even then

I'ld like to see them take more shots if they're in that end for so long)

Oh I agree the refs weren't the only reason, but to act like late timely power plays on arguably weak calls didn't have an impact on the game is silly.

esteef

Oh I agree the refs weren't the only reason, but to act like late timely power plays on arguably weak calls didn't have an impact on the game is silly.

esteef

Ok, fair enough. I guess we should break this graphic out again:

16m62ir.jpg

Your so-called detailed analysis consists of nothing more than whining about each and every call.

I wrote more than enough in this GDT already about my take on this game. No more analysis is really needed.

We got outplayed, period. The refs helped San Jose, but we hardly deserved to win the game anyway.

Guest Heaten

Subtract 14 SOG from the PP and they still dominated in shots.

I can verify that atleast 3 shots by the Red Wings weren't accounted for. Home teams ALWAYS get thew scewed SOG stats in their favor. It's just a stat. I know Sharks outshot the DRWs, but not to the degree that they stats show. Wings played the perfect road game. No Bertuzzi penalty, no goal. Or, had the refs called Sharks for the same 'infraction' commited on Filpulla, perhaps DRWs would have scored... or at the very least, gained some momentum. Instead, they call Eaves for slashing. Versus homers thought Sharks were getting called for interferance, then were amazed Eaves was being called. Then they chuckled a laugh and said "we'll take it!".

Guest Heaten

Your so-called detailed analysis consists of nothing more than whining about each and every call.

I wrote more than enough in this GDT already about my take on this game. No more analysis is really needed.

We got outplayed, period. The refs helped San Jose, but we hardly deserved to win the game anyway.

^ Fail post above :siren:

I said it before... the 4 minute high sticking was the right call. How is that "each and every call".

So 7 more is dominating?

esteef

Take away our PP shots now.

I never agree with you, so you know you're right when I fully agree with you. Except I don't agree with the very last statement. We deserved to win because we were in the game from the start. San Jose dominated 5v5, but that shouldn't mean we didn't deserve to win.

Jimmy played about as well as a goalie could. If he puts on a performance like that each night the Wings will be in every game.

And if the refs continue to fall for the sharks' "performances" he'll have to.

esteef

And if the refs continue to fall for the sharks' "performances" he'll have to.

esteef

Good teams find a way to persevere through adversity. When are you going to acknowledge that the Wings were dominated and didn't deserve to win that game? They will come out with a much stronger game this afternoon. They better, or they will be going back to the Joe down 0-2.

I hate people who use that didn't deserve to win bulls***. Did the Wings get outplayed? Sure I think most of us can agree on that but when did San Jose actually score? On a dive by Pavelski who acted like he got hit by a bus which led to their game tying power play.

If the Sharks score 5 on 5 to tie it then I doubt any of us would be bitching about the refs as much but the fact is they tied it on that power play. But I do know that the Wings will need a solid performance out of everyone if they want to to win instead of just Pavel and Jimmy playing great.

Edited by MGreenberg

Good teams find a way to persevere through adversity. When are you going to acknowledge that the Wings were dominated and didn't deserve to win that game? They will come out with a much stronger game this afternoon. They better, or they will be going back to the Joe down 0-2.

I hate cliches. Most of the time they are completely off base.