Photo
- - - - -

WCSF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#281 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:46 PM

Great 1st period by every one whose last name doesn't start with Eric
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#282 Toefuzz

Toefuzz

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 464 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:47 PM

Nice first period, on the road, after no playing for 8 days. Would have been nice to score the PP but other than that things looked very positive... Jimmy made a nice couple of saves when needed.

#283 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:47 PM

very nice first period on the road.

sharks announcers are horrible, been calling rafalski hudler and helm datsyuk

#284 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:48 PM

these announcers irritate me beyond the point ...

how, how such morons can hold the job?!

#285 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:49 PM

Pretty good first period. Thought the refs were bad. Would like to see us a little better in the faceoff circle. PP also sucks so far. Hope that doesn't come back to bite us.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#286 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:49 PM

Wings did a great job to survive the early onslaught. That was exactly how Game 1 started last year, Sharks all over the Wings, and they scored early goals. This time we were being outskated and outworked and we didn't concede a goal, and managed to get one oursleves. Huge. Howard was great.

I cant watch the VS feed anymore, these Sharks announcers are so horrible.

The Sharks team is one of the worst commentary teams I have ever listened to. Thankfully on GCL we can go with the TSN feed. :thumbup:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#287 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

that was a great pass by dats on the goal.

#288 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:53 PM

Thought they looked very good in the firs period. Better than any regular season first period we've suffered through.

#289 purrrnella

purrrnella

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:55 PM

If we come out this good after being off for so long this should be a great series, not sure if this thought has been posted already but i`d have to be a speed reader to catch up on all these post...:)
Posted Image

#290 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:56 PM

Was worried that the Wings would be a little rusty but the Wings pretty much carried the play in the 1st.

#291 WingNutNorCal

WingNutNorCal

NorCalWingNut

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Living in the Bay Area, I have to put up with these announcers all the time. For me, it's really just the Randy Hahn guy that I can't stand. I swear he mess's in his pants everytime the sharks score on any team. It's very annouying.

#292 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

I am sof****** sick of Versus always using the opponents feed when the Wings play. Is there some disagreement between FSD and Versus? I honestly can't remember a Wings game this year on Versus with the FSD feed. Yet they can never actually get a neutral crew of their own. I am so sick of hearing how Versus makes hockey #1 and they have like 1 crew and just steal local feeds for all the other games. At least ESPN had enough money to hire their own talent. f*** VERSUS

Drew Remenda and fellow a-hole cohort did EVERY Sharks' game in the last series. EVERY game. I'm guessing those biased pieces of s*** will probably do the games in Detroit too. VERSUS is without conscience. They just don't care.

I haven't read through the first period stuff, but did anyone else hear Remenda imply that Helm took a dive instead of being tripped up? Condescending as hell.

Where the f***'s that pot-calling-the-kettle graphic? :angry: :ranting:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#293 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:57 PM

We won period one. Jimmy made a couple key saves to keep us in early, but after that it's been all Detroit.
RIP #24

#294 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:03 PM

Really good first, keep it up. Jimmy made some big saves :thumbup:

#295 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,624 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:04 PM

Game on.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#296 brennan17

brennan17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:04 PM

Period 2. Lets build on the first wings.

#297 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:05 PM

Let's Go Wings!
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#298 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,624 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:06 PM

Nice little rush Huds

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#299 26point2

26point2

If you don't know what you are doing, at least do it quickly

• HoF Booster
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:06 PM

Good move by Huds there.

#300 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:09 PM

I thought Rafi was a scratch?