Photo
- - - - -

WCSF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#41 azshark

azshark

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:06 AM

Heatley, Thornton, Marleau
Setoguchi, Pavelski, Clowe

And then comes the real strength, and the reason why my Uncle keeps saying he likes this team more than last year’s. Is San Jose even close when it comes to comparing the 3rd and 4th lines? Logan Couture is a great young player. 32 goals. The Wings will shut him down. Filppula, Abelkader, Helm, Draper. Unless he scores on the power play, he’ll be silent on the third line. Ben Eager? Torrey Mitchell. Those are nice third line players and players who would see zero ice time on a healthy Wing squad.

Hudler, Homer, Helm, Eaves, Modano, Filppula, Miller. Switch them up, change them around. 3rd, 4th, whatever. Double shift them. Give Helm Dan Boyle’s scent and watch him tree that *****. Nobody left in this tournament has that kind of depth. And “nobody” definitely includes San Jose. Helmer’s going hunting. Damn I love watching that kid play hockey.

You want to fear San Jose because of Joe Thornton and Heatley, Marleau and Clowe? Go ahead. But they’d better be perfect. Because that’s what they’ll need. Because that’s what it’s going to take to beat Detroit, especially when the Shark defense is mediocre at best.

-You don't have the Sharks lines right.
-Couture centers the 2nd line with Clowe and Heatley
-Setoguchi is on the top line with Thornton and Marleau
-Eager is on the 4th line, but was benched after game 4 vs. LA for Jamie McGinn

The most productive line in the first round was the Sharks 3rd line. Go ahead...underestimate them! Pavelski centers that line. Remember him?

4th line, with Mayers, McGinn (or Eager) and Nichol plays VERY limited minutes. Nichol plays the most because he's great on face offs.

If you look for the Sharks to roll out 4 lines all game, don't! Three lines for 95% of the game.

#42 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:06 AM

[quote name='locoforrojo' timestamp='1304084924' post='2160488']
Just read a great blog post and wanted to share...
http://www.kuklaskor...s_heading_to_8/

All Aboard…Stress Train’s Heading To 8

by IwoCPO on 04/29/11 at 05:47 AM ET
Comments (15)

I say Wings in five too. But they have to win one of the first two in SJ. I always knew Iwo had excellent taste. :clap: :lol:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#43 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:07 AM

With a big Swedish ass in your face, and a serial killer whispering in your ear.

Thats beautiful right there
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#44 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:08 AM

-You don't have the Sharks lines right.
-Couture centers the 2nd line with Clowe and Heatley
-Setoguchi is on the top line with Thornton and Marleau
-Eager is on the 4th line, but was benched after game 4 vs. LA for Jamie McGinn

The most productive line in the first round was the Sharks 3rd line. Go ahead...underestimate them! Pavelski centers that line. Remember him?

4th line, with Mayers, McGinn (or Eager) and Nichol plays VERY limited minutes. Nichol plays the most because he's great on face offs.

If you look for the Sharks to roll out 4 lines all game, don't! Three lines for 95% of the game.

He plucked that from a site. Don't call him out for something he was merely stating he agreed with or was quoting. Don't shoot the messenger, Sharks guy.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#45 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:09 AM

Who locked the 200 to victory thread?

I though we went over this last time, 200 replys!!! Its at 199 again.

Quit trying to jinx s***!

Damn.....

#46 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,487 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:10 AM

He plucked that from a site. Don't call him out for something he was merely stating he agreed with or was quoting. Don't shoot the messenger, Sharks guy.

ahh it's ok. they are getting a little excited and somewhat cocky cause its getting closer to game time in their barn. it will go away soon enough.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#47 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:12 AM

Who locked the 200 to victory thread?

I though we went over this last time, 200 replys!!! Its at 199 again.

Quit trying to jinx s***!

Damn.....

Again to everyone. It's 199 replies, the OP is counted as a post and if you count 199 + 1 its......

ahh it's ok. they are getting a little excited and somewhat cocky cause its getting closer to game time in their barn. it will go away soon enough.

Yes. I smell their fear. Reeks of stinky fish taco....

#48 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:14 AM

Again to everyone. It's 199 replies, the OP is counted as a post and if you count 199 + 1 its......

I get that its 200 with the OP, but what you see when you look at the forums is 199. Not to mention last round it was 200 replys. I thought everyone agreed on that. Thats why the one locked at 199 got reopened to add a post.

#49 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:15 AM

I get that its 200 with the OP, but what you see when you look at the forums is 199. Not to mention last round it was 200 replys. I thought everyone agreed on that. Thats why the one locked at 199 got reopened to add a post.

The first 3 games against the Yotes were 199 replies if you look for them. Superstitions are for Joe Thornton supporters Posted Image

#50 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:19 AM

Superstitions are for Joe Thornton supporters Posted Image

Its funny, I'm not superstitious or ocd at all, except when it comes to Wings games, lol.

#51 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:21 AM

Its funny, I'm not superstitious or ocd at all, except when it comes to Wings games, lol.

No, I hear you. I had it at 500 and a mod nearly banned me for not putting 200 in it :lol:

Playoffs are nothing to **** around with. Posted Image

#52 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:26 AM

Just hope Wings aren't rusty.

Wings 4-2
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#53 azshark

azshark

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:33 AM

I figured you folk (the few who've stuck around) up there struggle with East Coast bias even though you're in the Western Conference. Nobody in the East cares, or knows much about the good teams out West.

The Red Wings and Sharks are two very good teams. Not nervous. Excited to see how this plays-out.

#54 LeonardSankar

LeonardSankar

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:34 AM

I am not very confident as I think the Wings will lose tonight as the Sharks will probably come out flying and Jimmy Howard is not a game stealing goalie. I think the only chance the Wings have in this series is if the Sharks have goaltending issues and hand it over to the Wings.

#55 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:38 AM

hand it over to the Wings.

Posted Image

It's ok though. You get to Johnny Raincloud and when the Wings win this series you get complain about the next series. Safe route :thumbup:

#56 LeonardSankar

LeonardSankar

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:58 AM

Posted Image

It's ok though. You get to Johnny Raincloud and when the Wings win this series you get complain about the next series. Safe route :thumbup:

I'll definitely complain if the Wings have to play Vancouver in the conference finals but I don't think they get that far.

#57 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:03 PM

I'll definitely complain if the Wings have to play Vancouver in the conference finals but I don't think they get that far.

So it's settled. You get to cry wolf and then disappear into the abyss or shell "I told you so's" on these forums. There are 500 other members exactly like ya. Keep on rockin'.

#58 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

I am not very confident as I think the Wings will lose tonight as the Sharks will probably come out flying and Jimmy Howard is not a game stealing goalie. I think the only chance the Wings have in this series is if the Sharks have goaltending issues and hand it over to the Wings.

Get out of here with your god damn negativity. The Sharks played average or worse in the first round and was only trumped by a Kings team missing their best player and played worse. I think Detroit takes the series in six if Niemi learned how to play goalie between the end of the Kings series and now and five games if he didn't.

I think the the Wings take game one and set the tone for the series. 4-2 Wings with goals from Datsyuk, Franzen, Lidstrom and Z.

#59 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

So it's settled. You get to cry wolf and then disappear into the abyss or shell "I told you so's" on these forums. There are 500 other members exactly like ya. Keep on rockin'.

He is clearly related to fish taco!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!

#60 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 611 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:41 PM

I'm going to say 3-2 Wings.

Posted Image