• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Its the same effin story with the refs again. We're winning, ridiculous penalties in the 3rd and the Sharks come back. What is the deal???

We should change our strategy and go into the 3rd behind.

See this I just don't get. Flip hasn't had his best game, but he's been strong defensively. He's been up against Heatley and Clowe, and what have they done either? They've cancelled each other out, I'll take that.

That may be, I have a hard time judging him on defense. He always seems solid but I can't tell if he's good or great on D. However, compared to the first round his O has not been nearly as good.

I'm expecting a loss at this point. I know that is a terrible attitude to have, but if the Wings do manage to score and win this, I will say that we stole a game off the sharks. Is anyone other than the first line playing?

Howard, Datsyuk and Lidstrom came to play tonight. Everyone else is still in "waiting for the 2nd round to start"-mode.

Keith Jones just said Pavelski embellished the boarding call on Bertuzzi...if he says that then I'm glad we aren't the only ones seeing this

You need to use air quotes when you say "boarding" call. Amazing Pavelski could come right back out for the PP after Bertuzzi broke his neck and face.

They had a chance to steal this game but dumbass Bert had to take that stupid penalty. So basically no chance to win on the road in OT and thus after they lose Sunday they'll be down 0-2 at this rate! Someone please tell Babs to scratch Bert and insert either Madonno, or Draper!

I don't care who, but someone in red needs to score a goal early in OT, I think that would be best for the team because the longer it drags on the worse things can get for us if we don't come out controlling the puck and actually shooting on net.

I'm expecting a loss at this point. I know that is a terrible attitude to have, but if the Wings do manage to score and win this, I will say that we stole a game off the sharks. Is anyone other than the first line playing?

Yep I agree, this is how I see it too. I've prepared myself for a loss, just can't see us getting up. They've dominated this game and I see them ending it with an early goal.

I don't care who, but someone in red needs to score a goal early in OT, I think that would be best for the team because the longer it drags on the worse things can get for us if we don't come out controlling the puck and actually shooting on net.

#43 will be happy to oblige.

They had a chance to steal this game but dumbass Bert had to take that stupid penalty. So basically no chance to win on the road in OT and thus after they lose Sunday they'll be down 0-2 at this rate! Someone please tell Babs to scratch Bert and insert either Madonno, or Draper!

Bert cleanly checked a player and got penalized. You can't expect a physical player not to check.

If that was a boarding penalty on Bert, then the hit on Ericsson in the corner later on was a 5-minute major, game misconduct and 15-game suspension.

I'm tired of seeing people let the referees off the hook for bad calls. They're NHL referees, just like NHL players are NHL players. We don't let our players off the hook for bad mistakes very often, so why should the NHL referees be let off the hook? f*** that, this is the NHL and I demand MUCH BETTER quality referreeing. So pardon me for being pissed off when referrees decide to call s*** they "think they see" because it obviously didn't happen when it's on a replay. And pardon me for being pissed when known divers continue to dive and get the call.

Homer is a known instigator in front of the net and gets hammered constantly with very few calls EVER. Yet the sharks constantly dive and get away with it. Something is wrong with that.

With that said, I do agree the wings have not had the puck nearly enough and have not had much sustained pressure. It did appear they were in prevent mode for 1 1/2 periods. Can't blame Howard when he's allowed 1 goal all ******* game. Gimme a break. IF we lose 2-1 in this game it's on the wings team not on howard.

Guest stinky fish taco

Babs needs to switch up the lines in OT. Franzen is getting no good looks

franzen is playing !?!?!?

This is an important part of the series, an OT goal here and all the pressure shifts to the Sharks because they don't want to have this series 0-2 heading to Detroit. An OT goal here also gives Detroit some momentum that even though they didn't play their best game they were able to get a W. Sadly, all the cards are stacked against us tonight.

This is an important part of the series, an OT goal here and all the pressure shifts to the Sharks because they don't want to have this series 0-2 heading to Detroit. An OT goal here also gives Detroit some momentum that even though they didn't play their best game they were able to get a W. Sadly, all the cards are stacked against us tonight.

All the cards ... Except that the first line has created chance after chance. Only takes 1 in OT.