Photo
- - - - -

WCSF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#701 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:34 PM

If Cleary, Bert Franzen and Flip are going to be completely useless can we get Helm, Miller and Eaves out some more. I don't dump on guys very often but Cleary has been terrible.

I think Fil has been extra useless.

#702 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Man, Jimmy is playing great tonight. I don't see how people can blame the Sharks goal on a rebound. He made a save and the Sharks kept possession of the puck which led to a shot and a deflection, I don't blame Howard at all for that goal since it was just a good deflection by Pavelski but again s***ty call since they never should have had a powerplay.

#703 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,107 posts

bert and mule need to step it the hell up

#704 reppintealtown

reppintealtown

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Weak calls and poor officiating there at the end. Don't think we're blind to it too, I didn't see a slash either. The boarding on Bertuzzi was pretty weak too. Hopefully OT is a bit cleaner, I'd hate to see this game decided by a soft call, regardless of the side.

#705 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,945 posts

Typical Red Wings game, two penalties called against them, none on the opposition.

Typical NHL reffing too, so much stuff gets let go early, then they start calling stuff late in the game to keep things close.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#706 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,965 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:35 PM

We need the puck to get the breaks. Everyone needs to stop freaking out about the refs. The Sharks are selling everything and we have the luxury of slowmo replays. If we dove like the Nicks or Sharks we'd get more powerplays, but I'm glad we don't dive and win games with honor.

I agree.

The Sharks are outplaying us and the Wings have to overcome adversity. Last year, we didn't overcome it and everyone kept whining about the refs.

I don't want the same s*** to happen this season. We need to overcome this team, otherwise it's apparent that they have our number.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#707 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Anyone else see the itereference there by the Sharks player with about 40 seconds left? Blatant.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#708 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

The Wings just need to start firing from all angles on Niemi. He's not seeing the puck well ... how many of Detroit's shots have resulted in huge rebounds? Someone's going to be on the end of one of those eventually.

#709 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

I'm expecting a loss at this point. I know that is a terrible attitude to have, but if the Wings do manage to score and win this, I will say that we stole a game off the sharks. Is anyone other than the first line playing?
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#710 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,962 posts

No, we had one last year against SJ.

Remember, when Rafalski s*** the bed in OT after Howard did the same in the 3rd?

I had blocked that from my memory. <_<

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#711 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Its the same effin story with the refs again. We're winning, ridiculous penalties in the 3rd and the Sharks come back. What is the deal???

#712 BigWinston

BigWinston

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

I can not believe the 2 penalties that period, especially the slashing on Eaves. These refs need to get their s*** together. In that 3rd period, they didn't know their asses from their elbows!!

#713 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Sharks never lose in OT f***! And wings look like s*** tonight mind you they always do against sharks the past couple years.

#714 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

Best Actor goes to Joe Divelski

#715 flying/wings/n'iraq

flying/wings/n'iraq

Draftee

• HoF Booster
  • 10 posts

I HATE YOU ALLLL, just thought you all should know thatPosted Image, but even thought I can't watch the game I am still running around with my jersey on

#716 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:36 PM

Anyone else see the itereference there by the Sharks player with about 40 seconds left? Blatant.

Yes, because it almost led to the game winner.

#717 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,962 posts

Weak calls and poor officiating there at the end. Don't think we're blind to it too, I didn't see a slash either. The boarding on Bertuzzi was pretty weak too. Hopefully OT is a bit cleaner, I'd hate to see this game decided by a soft call, regardless of the side.

:thumbup:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#718 FNCardascia

FNCardascia

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Look at how manyf****** draws Pavelski has drawn this game. It's annoying. Just take hisf****** head of with a stick blade and take the 5 minutes.

#719 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

If Cleary, Bert Franzen and Flip are going to be completely useless can we get Helm, Miller and Eaves out some more. I don't dump on guys very often but Cleary has been terrible.

I called that Miller will be in the line up but after tonight put Draper back in. The 4th line doesn't have that same spark right now.

#720 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:37 PM

The Wings just need to start firing from all angles on Niemi. He's not seeing the puck well ... how many of Detroit's shots have resulted in huge rebounds? Someone's going to be on the end of one of those eventually.

Yeah, Niemi looks shaky when he's had to stop shots. If we got a PP in the 2nd or 3rd periods, we'd all be going to bed happy right now.