Photo
- - - - -

WCSF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#741 26point2

26point2

If you don't know what you are doing, at least do it quickly

• HoF Booster
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:42 PM

For the OT winner I'm going with Pavelski for SJ and Zet fer Detroit.

As long as Z scores the first OT winner..

#742 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 287 posts

Babs needs to switch up the lines in OT. Franzen is getting no good looks; put him on a 1st line with Datsyuk and Cleary. Move Z down with Flipper and Helm. Now just roll those 2 lines. What? Time to man up! Oh, and put in Mursak for game 2.

#743 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

They had a chance to steal this game but dumbass Bert had to take that stupid penalty. So basically no chance to win on the road in OT and thus after they lose Sunday they'll be down 0-2 at this rate! Someone please tell Babs to scratch Bert and insert either Madonno, or Draper!

If that was a boarding penalty on Bert, then the hit on Ericsson in the corner later on was a 5-minute major, game misconduct and 15-game suspension.

#744 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:43 PM

I'm tired of seeing people let the referees off the hook for bad calls. They're NHL referees, just like NHL players are NHL players. We don't let our players off the hook for bad mistakes very often, so why should the NHL referees be let off the hook? f*** that, this is the NHL and I demand MUCH BETTER quality referreeing. So pardon me for being pissed off when referrees decide to call s*** they "think they see" because it obviously didn't happen when it's on a replay. And pardon me for being pissed when known divers continue to dive and get the call.

Homer is a known instigator in front of the net and gets hammered constantly with very few calls EVER. Yet the sharks constantly dive and get away with it. Something is wrong with that.

With that said, I do agree the wings have not had the puck nearly enough and have not had much sustained pressure. It did appear they were in prevent mode for 1 1/2 periods. Can't blame Howard when he's allowed 1 goal allf****** game. Gimme a break. IF we lose 2-1 in this game it's on the wings team not on howard.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#745 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Babs needs to switch up the lines in OT. Franzen is getting no good looks

franzen is playing !?!?!?

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#746 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

This is an important part of the series, an OT goal here and all the pressure shifts to the Sharks because they don't want to have this series 0-2 heading to Detroit. An OT goal here also gives Detroit some momentum that even though they didn't play their best game they were able to get a W. Sadly, all the cards are stacked against us tonight.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#747 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:44 PM

For the OT winner I'm going with Pavelski for SJ and Zet fer Detroit.

I'm with ya on that. Or really someone from our top line as that is the only line that can get into the offensive zone it seems.

#748 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Lidstrom wins it with a blast from center ice! :siren:

Edited by GMRwings1983, 29 April 2011 - 11:44 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#749 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

This is an important part of the series, an OT goal here and all the pressure shifts to the Sharks because they don't want to have this series 0-2 heading to Detroit. An OT goal here also gives Detroit some momentum that even though they didn't play their best game they were able to get a W. Sadly, all the cards are stacked against us tonight.

All the cards ... Except that the first line has created chance after chance. Only takes 1 in OT.

#750 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,023 posts

wow so much negativity.

the game isnt over, its either teams game. GO WINGS!!!!

#751 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:45 PM

Pavelski with the OT winner in the first 10 mins.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#752 FNCardascia

FNCardascia

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

How ironic they're talking about the tradition tossing.... yet it's banned now :(

#753 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Apparently, LA is a better offensive team than us. <_<

Yeah that's a bit surprising, how a mediocre team, WITHOUT their best player, still managed to break down their D so much. Hopefully over the course of the series we do too, but to me it looks like this one is going down the very fimilar path, SJ just have our number.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#754 Klunzo

Klunzo

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 256 posts

Going with Clowe for SJ and Hudler for Detroit
"I believe we have a team that can make the playoffs" -Brian Burke

#755 zztop40

zztop40

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

What's up with Danny C., he get's knocked down pretty easy by SJ ......... put Helm with Dats and Z for the hell of it, might just work! Mix em up......

#756 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:46 PM

Babs needs to switch up the lines in OT. Franzen is getting no good looks; put him on a 1st line with Datsyuk and Cleary. Move Z down with Flipper and Helm. Now just roll those 2 lines. What? Time to man up! Oh, and put in Mursak for game 2.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Now that'd be awesome!

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#757 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Yeah that's a bit surprising, how a mediocre team, WITHOUT their best player, still managed to break down their D so much. Hopefully over the course of the series we do too, but to me it looks like this one is going down the very fimilar path, SJ just have our number.

Really can't discount how rusty the Wings are. It's been over a week since they played, that's an eternity in the NHL. They'll get plenty of goals in this series before it's over.

#758 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

BRING THIS s*** HOME BOYS!!!

LET'S GO WINGS!
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#759 Toefuzz

Toefuzz

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 464 posts

I think Babs death glares the referee into deflecting the puck into the net for a goal... Wings win, we can all go to bed.

#760 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:47 PM

Well, SJ has won 3 games in OT this year, gotta think their due for a loss.

Posted Image