Photo
- - - - -

WCSF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#61 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:48 PM

Sharks are shaky to say the least.
Wings win this one, provided they are discipline in every aspect of the game and play full 60 minutes.

Don't think officiating will be the factor in the first game.

#62 good morning

good morning

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

So this game will not be on CBC? :( it's the only channel I have that shows hockey, I don't even get NBC, let alone VS or Fox Sports!

#63 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:01 PM

So this game will not be on CBC? :( it's the only channel I have that shows hockey, I don't even get NBC, let alone VS or Fox Sports!

Lol, all I get is NBC but since 90% of games are on CBC/VS/FSD and I don't get to see any playoff games. So I might get to watch two or three Wings playoff games until they reach the Cup which has most games on NBC I think.

#64 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,559 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:06 PM

I really don't understand why some people say the Sharks are better. They finished a point or two ahead of Detroit and Detroit was basically sleepwalking through the last half of the season, also plagued with injuries.

So what if they have more high scoring forwards? Historically, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen are better than anyone they can bring come playoff time. Pavelski and Setoguchi are the most dangerous to the Wings, and Thornton always racks up some assists, but Marleau always disappears and Heatley is always hit or miss.

Also, the Wings have more spread out scoring. Every single player on this team (except for maybe Kindl and Salei) can score on the Sharks, who have inferior goaltending to Howard.

The Wings play a more disciplined game as well.

I'm not going to get cocky and predict a blowout, but I'm sick of reading about how someone's brain tells them that the Sharks are the better team. I'd like to see evidence of this. Apparently no one considers that our top core hardly played this season compared to the Sharks top core of scorers. Franzen is the lone disappointment, but he's back to form in the playoffs and so that's irrelevant now.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#65 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:08 PM

Lol, all I get is NBC but since 90% of games are on CBC/VS/FSD and I don't get to see any playoff games. So I might get to watch two or three Wings playoff games until they reach the Cup which has most games on NBC I think.

See the original post and sign up for the stream, then you can watch all the games on your computer. :)

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#66 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:12 PM

NHL.com lists this game as starting at 10est, not 10:30.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#67 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,559 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:16 PM

Don't they usually list the game time as starting a half hour than it actually does?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#68 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

See the original post and sign up for the stream, then you can watch all the games on your computer. :)

I know, I do watch games on my computer but sometimes I can't be on to watch them all.

#69 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:20 PM

Don't they usually list the game time as starting a half hour than it actually does?

No. The person who updates facebook for the wings listed 10pm as well.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#70 good morning

good morning

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:22 PM

Thanks :) I have watched streams before, I don't miss playoff games...but there's something about sitting on my couch in front of the TV for the game that I really love. Too bad I don't have a laptop! oh well...GO WINGS!

#71 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:41 PM

Corrected in the OP.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#72 azshark

azshark

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:54 PM

I really don't understand why some people say the Sharks are better. They finished a point or two ahead of Detroit and Detroit was basically sleepwalking through the last half of the season, also plagued with injuries.

Yep, the Sharks won one more game than the Wings and the Kings won one less game than the Wings.

Sure their star player was out, but the Kings were still a tough team.

Factor this in with the Pacific Division being the strongest in the NHL. One less win than the Wings, playing in the Pacific, warrants more respect for the Sharks first round opponent.

#73 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:58 PM

So what if they have more high scoring forwards? Historically, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen are better than anyone they can bring come playoff time. Pavelski and Setoguchi are the most dangerous to the Wings, and Thornton always racks up some assists, but Marleau always disappears and Heatley is always hit or miss.

Also, the Wings have more spread out scoring. Every single player on this team (except for maybe Kindl and Salei) can score on the Sharks, who have inferior goaltending to Howard.

The Wings play a more disciplined game as well.

I'm not going to get cocky and predict a blowout, but I'm sick of reading about how someone's brain tells them that the Sharks are the better team. I'd like to see evidence of this. Apparently no one considers that our top core hardly played this season compared to the Sharks top core of scorers. Franzen is the lone disappointment, but he's back to form in the playoffs and so that's irrelevant now.

From my POV people here fear a special officiating that could turn Clowe, Pavelski and Thornton into superstars. They are already good players, but given proper PP they could be dominating.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#74 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:00 PM

This...

That could make rust the issue early in Game 1 this year.
Its always a concern, coach Mike Babcock said Thursday. But Id rather have that concern instead of playing last night.

Oh remember everyone? Hank is back ;)
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#75 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 625 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:02 PM

This...

Oh remember everyone? Hank is back ;)

Good to see Hank back in the lineup. I wonder how he'll play after being out.

Also, is this game going to be on FSD? Don't think i saw it on the first page.

Posted Image

#76 purrrnella

purrrnella

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:03 PM

Yep, the Sharks won one more game than the Wings and the Kings won one less game than the Wings.

Sure their star player was out, but the Kings were still a tough team.

Factor this in with the Pacific Division being the strongest in the NHL. One less win than the Wings, playing in the Pacific, warrants more respect for the Sharks first round opponent.

The Wings are playing playoff hockey, not regular season hockey, their healthier then they have been in a long time, if they let these 2 team just play their game it will be nothing like last year.............and I`m hoping Franzen`s still p!ssed!
Posted Image

#77 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:11 PM

Tonight's Officials
Referees 40 - Steve Kozari; 24 - Stephen Walkom Linesmen 57 - Jay Sharrers; 86 - Brad Lazarowich

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#78 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:12 PM

Draper and Modano scratched, per Twitter:

https://twitter.com/...043841744932864

#79 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:15 PM

But it's easier to complain :)
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#80 Third Man In

Third Man In

Ready to rage.

• HoF Booster
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:31 PM

Let's Go Red Wings!
:clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Let's Go Red Wings!
:clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: