Photo
- - - - -

WCSF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#881 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:02 AM

Well... At least we know Jimmy can steal a game for us.

Keep your sticks down.
Don't slash near the hands.
Don't touch Pavelski.

The rust is gone. Now it's time to steal the series by winning the next game. We couldn't go 16-0, we were bound to lose a game.

Our penalty killing finally showed up.

Put Draper in for Hudler.

/Disagree

if anyone needs to sit, its Abs, Hudler actually had some chances, Ab just kinda was running around, he played the body instead of the puck on the GWG and couldnt keep his stick down.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#882 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Fixed it for you.

Saying that the refs suck doesn't mean that I think the Red Wings played well. All I know is that Detroit had a 1-0 lead on the road halfway through the third period, then proceeded to get slapped with 8 minutes of penalties in the next 13 minutes of game action and wound up losing 2-1. If that game finished 5-on-5, I'm pretty confident Detroit's up 1-0 right now.

#883 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

The refs didn't lose the game for us, our s***ty puck possession and offense zone play did. ONE GOAL will not win a game for us against the Sharks. Plain and Simple.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#884 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Tough to win when you have to kill 5 penalties in a row. SJ got that game handed to them on a silver platter. They better thank the NHL officials for that win. The only way we'll see fair and consistent officiating is if they use robots. If they're letting stuff go early, it should be the same through out the game.

Overall I thought we played a great road game. All we have to do is win Game 2, which I think we can, and we're fine.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#885 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

And the doomsaying begins. If you have so little faith in the team, then stop watching the games.

we've seen this before. Maybe they'll prove me wrong. But given that effort I don't see it right now.

If that doesn't jive with your worldview - that's just too goddamn bad.
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#886 Toefuzz

Toefuzz

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 464 posts

Well... At least we know Jimmy can steal a game for us.

Keep your sticks down.
Don't slash near the hands.
Don't touch Pavelski.

The rust is gone. Now it's time to steal the series by winning the next game. We couldn't go 16-0, we were bound to lose a game.

Our penalty killing finally showed up.

Put Draper in for Hudler.

Actually I thought Hudler played reasonably well.

#887 blues_demitra38

blues_demitra38

Rookie

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:03 AM

I don't feel like searching the previous threads/post so can someone explain to me why Eaves/Miller/Abdelkader are in the lineup and Mike Modano is not? Modano brings more to the team than any of those clowns.

#888 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Wow, why is everyone being so harsh on abby? that call on the high stick was b.s. maybe, MAYBE a 2 in minor, but not double. how easily u all have forgotten how great his play was earlier in the game. his physical play has been some of the best on the team. everyone settle down. Who'ld u replace him with? Drapes? I love drapes, but eaves deserves to go before abby does

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#889 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Tough to win when you have to kill 5 penalties in a row. SJ got that game handed to them on a silver platter. They better thank the NHL officials for that win. The only way we'll see fair and consistent officiating is if they use robots. If they're letting stuff go early, it should be the same through out the game.

Overall I thought we played a great road game. All we have to do is win Game 2, which I think we can, and we're fine.

Agreed. They'll win 2-3-4, lose 5, finish it in 6.

Edited by Casey, 30 April 2011 - 12:04 AM.

Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#890 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,623 posts

you know considering how long a break Detroit has had, considering how badly they were outworked throw almost a full two periods... this is not the end of the world.. it's an OT loss. Get a grip already!

can someone please ban this moron already?

talk s*** then say its not the end of the world just so you try and save face to make yourself look not too much like a troll that you are
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#891 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

What kills me is that after that FREAKING SUPERB PK, we didn't even get the puck out of the zone in the 15-20 secs after we killed it. If we had, who knows what happens.

Devestated, but the Wings really, really need to figure out ways to beat the Sharks.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#892 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:04 AM

/Disagree

if anyone needs to sit, its Abs, Hudler actually had some chances, Ab just kinda was running around, he played the body instead of the puck on the GWG and couldnt keep his stick down.

Draper kills penalties and with the diving by the Sharks, we need him more.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#893 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

The Sharks just seem to have our number right now. It was really funny reading how the Wings were gonna bring the fore check tonight, and how they wanted revenge. Better effort in game 2? I don't know if I should bother watching though.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#894 Toefuzz

Toefuzz

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 464 posts

We played a great road period in the first but after that we spent most if the game on our heels. Looked like we were skating in quicksand with way too many turnovers.

#895 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,066 posts

Time to change up the line combos and put Hank in between Cleary and Bertuzzi. Why the hell is Abby there anyway? He doesn't have enough skill and is a bonehead playing with another one in Bertuzzi.

Datsyuk needs to go back to playing with Franzen and Homer. Otherwise, we're only gonna have one good line the whole series.

And for the love of f**king Satan, please have different commentators calling our games from now on at Versus.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#896 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

WINGS IN 6

#897 Foulshot

Foulshot

Draftee

• 4 posts

How was that a 4 minute penalty? I didn't see any blood.

#898 26point2

26point2

If you don't know what you are doing, at least do it quickly

• HoF Booster
  • 2,483 posts

We'll get it back on Sunday...then win two in Detroit.

It's the first game of the series...in no way is it over.

#899 Liberation

Liberation

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:05 AM

Anyone else notice how Helm just sat at the blue line while the goal scorer and another Shark double teamed Z?

Also the penalty call was so weak... the moron put Abdelkader stick in the air when he was trying to tie him up and then he runs into it.

#900 Pat

Pat

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:05 AM

I've never seen such poor officiating in the playoffs when these two teams play each other. I REALLY hope Holland/Babcock says something about the officiating to set the damn refs straight. Last year this happened when they tried to draw penalties left and right, now it needs to stop. The eaves slash on Marleau was just downright pathetic and the Bertuzzi hit on Pavelski makes me want to puke with the sell job. The Wings need to get there heads out of there asses and wake up because series are won on momentum. It's time to stopf****** around and sitting back and go full out. Stop worrying about hitting and just shoot the god damn puck.

I'm waiting on you Babcock, tell the god damn media something so this gets known or this series will be over VERY quickly.

//End off****** rant