Photo
- - - - -

WCSF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#81 purrrnella

purrrnella

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:45 PM

Here`s a really good place to stream if anyone needs it, the games are always on there and and usually very good viewing!
http://www.firstrows...ice-hockey.html
Posted Image

#82 grimace1970

grimace1970

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:49 PM

Score twice in the first period, take the crowd out early. Come out screaming! Go Wings!

#83 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:55 PM

Yep, the Sharks won one more game than the Wings and the Kings won one less game than the Wings.

Sure their star player was out, but the Kings were still a tough team.

Factor this in with the Pacific Division being the strongest in the NHL. One less win than the Wings, playing in the Pacific, warrants more respect for the Sharks first round opponent.

When you have to resort to factoring in which teams play in which division during the regular season in order to prove your team is better... it isn't.

Edited by Broken 16, 29 April 2011 - 02:57 PM.

#84 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:17 PM

We just need to shutdown the top two lines for the Sharks, and our bottom 6 will outmatch their bottom 6.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#85 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:20 PM

The central division was one goal away from having 3 teams in the WCS. Pretty sure that means we had the strongest division.

Edited by Konnan511, 29 April 2011 - 03:26 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#86 zackisonfire

zackisonfire

Rookie

• Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:39 PM

Man the Sharks match up to us really well.
I think they take this first one at home.
3-1

#87 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:41 PM

Flip/Huds/Franzen will send Niemi to the dressing room with the message "We have better Finns."
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#88 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:02 PM

http://www.youtube.c...bed/31YgZfHD_iA

That pretty much says it all.

Edited by Rick D, 29 April 2011 - 04:20 PM.

Eff Chicago

Eff Boston

#89 CupChamps979802

CupChamps979802

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:12 PM

Well it worked for round 1, so I guess I am obligated to post in the GDT before the games as my superstition haha. Go Wings! Come out strong and take the wind out of their sails early. No slow starts! :]
Posted Image

#90 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:28 PM

Wings 4-2, Pasha, Z, helm, mule

#91 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,304 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:46 PM

Opposition gdt now available in OP.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#92 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

Modano Scratched.... That OTHER GUY still playing even though he sucks.... :ranting:

I am sure Modano is glad he signed here to be scratched during the playoffs, especially for a little hobbit who cant do s***...

anyhow, Go Wings! Here's to Modano getting in and feeling like he contributed...

Edited by LeftWinger, 29 April 2011 - 04:49 PM.

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#93 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

5-2 Wings.

Also I predict Wings and Sharks fans being friendly to each other on our message boards will quickly come to an end 10 minutes into the game, when Setoguchi takes a dive to try and draw a penalty, and Thornton takes a run at Zetterberg.

I give you all credit for trying, but this is to emotional a series to try and be nice to each other.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#94 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:07 PM

Here's the article - http://www.mlive.com...ano_are_th.html

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Hudler-Filppula-Franzen
Cleary-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi
Miller-Helm-Eaves

Lidstrom-Stuart
Ericsson-Rafalski
Kronwall-Salei

Howard
MacDonald

#95 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:09 PM

Modano Scratched.... That OTHER GUY still playing even though he sucks.... :ranting:

I am sure Modano is glad he signed here to be scratched during the playoffs, especially for a little hobbit who cant do s***...

anyhow, Go Wings! Here's to Modano getting in and feeling like he contributed...

You mean Hudler, the guy that's been more effective for most of the season than Modano?

Mo knew going in that he was a depth signing.

#96 uncle ovipositor

uncle ovipositor

Rookie

• Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:25 PM

The central division was one goal away from having 3 teams in the WCS. Pretty sure that means we had the strongest division.

The Pacific was one game away from having all 5 in the playoffs. Instead it was merely 4. And I think this says absolutely nothing about anything.

I'm going to guess that the Wings lose this one. 9 days off is a long, long time, and I'm sorry but no amount of practice can put you on form with that kind of break. But after that? Anybody's series. Both teams match up well, both teams want it. Even though I think the Wings are going to spot the Sharks a game I still think they have just as much chance to take the series.

#97 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:37 PM

5-2 Wings.

Also I predict Wings and Sharks fans being friendly to each other on our message boards will quickly come to an end 10 minutes into the game, when Setoguchi takes a dive to try and draw a penalty, and Thornton takes a run at Zetterberg.

I give you all credit for trying, but this is to emotional a series to try and be nice to each other.

Agreed!

Runs at Holmstrom and Nick too!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsAlGgZiJ08

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan, 29 April 2011 - 05:38 PM.

#98 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:55 PM

We just need to shutdown the top two lines for the Sharks, and our bottom 6 will outmatch their bottom 6.

OH yeah. Did you also see where their fourth line plays about 5 minutes a game? So we be wearing down all the lines while we're at it! :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#99 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:33 PM

You mean Hudler, the guy that's been more effective for most of the season than Modano?

Mo knew going in that he was a depth signing.

I have filled my quota of that name, cannot mention it until May. You cannot compare any player to someone who was injured over half the season....

I respect your opinion though.

Let's Go Wings!

I have a feeling that before the series is over, or even game 1, the Sharks will be worrying more about Helm's line than Fil's...

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#100 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:44 PM

Agree!!