Photo
- - - - -

WCSF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#1121 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:54 PM

And yet it was still 1-0 until...

Jimmy played about as well as a goalie could. If he puts on a performance like that each night the Wings will be in every game.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#1122 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:12 AM

Jimmy played about as well as a goalie could. If he puts on a performance like that each night the Wings will be in every game.

And if the refs continue to fall for the sharks' "performances" he'll have to.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#1123 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:50 AM

And if the refs continue to fall for the sharks' "performances" he'll have to.

esteef

Good teams find a way to persevere through adversity. When are you going to acknowledge that the Wings were dominated and didn't deserve to win that game? They will come out with a much stronger game this afternoon. They better, or they will be going back to the Joe down 0-2.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#1124 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:09 AM

I hate people who use that didn't deserve to win bulls***. Did the Wings get outplayed? Sure I think most of us can agree on that but when did San Jose actually score? On a dive by Pavelski who acted like he got hit by a bus which led to their game tying power play.

If the Sharks score 5 on 5 to tie it then I doubt any of us would be bitching about the refs as much but the fact is they tied it on that power play. But I do know that the Wings will need a solid performance out of everyone if they want to to win instead of just Pavel and Jimmy playing great.

Edited by MGreenberg, 01 May 2011 - 01:10 AM.

#1125 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:19 PM

Good teams find a way to persevere through adversity. When are you going to acknowledge that the Wings were dominated and didn't deserve to win that game? They will come out with a much stronger game this afternoon. They better, or they will be going back to the Joe down 0-2.

I hate cliches. Most of the time they are completely off base.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!