• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Have you ever seen.....

Rate this topic

Except for his retaliation on another Wings player after the shove from Howard <_<

Lol so it wasn't just the homer shark announcers that didn't see divelski punch filppula In the face (they actually had the balls to say that he got a penalty for spraying ice at howard....)This guy didn't either.

Lol so it wasn't just the homer shark announcers that didn't see divelski punch filppula In the face (they actually had the balls to say that he got a penalty for spraying ice at howard....)This guy didn't either.

Ya popped Flip in the face twice.

The only reason why this Sharks team won.

5 straight Power Plays helps win a goddam game. Sooner or later they are going to score.

Whether or not the team played bad in the 1st or 2nd period. Your goalie always has to steal you a game.

This was the one when HOWARD should have. He played great. Best as a WING imo. :clap:

Sharks never stuck a WING the 2nd period on. BS.

Nothing worse is when a REF has to take over a game.

Pathetic offiating.

When the wind is taken out of your sails with bulls*** dives and then bulls*** calls all night...what exactly did you expect?

Make sure you take a fresh box of tissues with you to bed tonite, sweetheart.

I expect Kronwall to get off his lazy ass and move his feet instead of coasting in and getting totally outworked by Pavelski. Thats what i expect. Pavelski was willing to bust his ass to make the play; Kronwall wasn't. That was symptomatic of too much of the game.

I expect them to have learned from last year that you don't win Stanley Cups by letting the wind get taken out of your sails by little men with whistles and diving divas.

Guest Grayne Wetzky

The Sharks announcers are the WORST! You're right.

The stupid refs threw that game. That's all there is to it.

Anybody can say what they want about the shots being too high, the Wings being outplayed, and blah blah blah. Anyone who says that clearly hasn't watched the Wings for the past 10 years and seen them face Western conference goalies standing on their heads (Giguere) as the Wings put 40-50 shots on goal and only score once. The fact is that this game was Howard's and he was "STEALING" a game for the Wings. The refs took it away from him, not the Sharks.

THE REAL DIFFERENCE is that the ******* WHISTLE is supposed to be put away for the 3rd period and overtime, and only reserved for the most severe of penalties. There is clearly a different referee mindset when the Wings play the Sharks. The refs are looking to blow the whistle. It's a ******* joke.

The only reason why this Sharks team won.

5 straight Power Plays helps win a goddam game. Sooner or later they are going to score.

Whether or not the team played bad in the 1st or 2nd period. Your goalie always has to steal you a game.

This was the one when HOWARD should have. He played great. Best as a WING imo. :clap:

Sharks never stuck a WING the 2nd period on. BS.

Nothing worse is when a REF has to take over a game.

Pathetic offiating.

You beat me to it. Exactly my point. No matter how bad the Wings were playing, Howard was keeping them ahead. Then the officials turned the tide. NOT the Sharks.

I expect Kronwall to get off his lazy ass and move his feet instead of coasting in and getting totally outworked by Pavelski. Thats what i expect. Pavelski was willing to bust his ass to make the play; Kronwall wasn't. That was symptomatic of too much of the game.

I expect them to have learned from last year that you don't win Stanley Cups by letting the wind get taken out of your sails by little men with whistles and diving divas.

Good post. Unfortunately, Ericsson, Kronwall, and Salei preferred to take tickets and act as turnstiles to actually moving their feet and using actual good position.

If that kind of crap keeps up, not even Howard/Datsyuk coming up clutch as hell can win us the series.

Nice retort :rolleyes:

Even gave you a +1 for the rest of your post..too bad you couldn't leave the initial part out.

Meh, the power plays against didn't matter, the team couldn't do s*** at even strength, for the last 40mins of the game. Need to find a way to fix that or I suspect this will be a short series...

Meh, the power plays against didn't matter, the team couldn't do s*** at even strength, for the last 40mins of the game. Need to find a way to fix that or I suspect this will be a short series...

Yeah, getting pinned in your own end, finally clearing, dumping the puck and getting very little in the way of forechecking pressure doesn't exactly make for a great offensive game. The first line was getting chances all night and Helm was creating out there for the fourth line, but otherwise it was a rough game most of the night.

While there were some really weak calls throughout, they out shot us, and for a big part of the game, outplayed us in every way.

Honestly, Howard's penalty should have given them a power play. Pavelski was acting like a jerk, but he did not break a rule by sending the ice spray into Jimmy's face.

The Bertuzzi 'Boarding' call was weak, and the high sticking should have only been 2 minutes. That was a classic wrestling move, cut yourself open to show the blood.

That is a penalty in any league I played or watched. "Unsportsmanlike conduct", I have seen a decline in this call over the last 5 years. It was the correct call by ref.

I was wondering were the hooking calls that were called all year went? I was also getting upset at how a couple of times SJ tried to hack at dats wrists behind the play.

take the 15 shots they got on the poer play and the shots are alot closer. How many of the shots cam from the top of the circle with litte to no traffic. Its not hard to out shoot a team.

You could tell Franzen had either too much tape on the ankle or he is not at 100% and I ve a bert fan since we got him, but he had an off night.

put it behind us and we need to get Drapes in to get under the skin of the sharks.

Long time poster, mostly a viewer now.

Sure, whatever, refs called it poorly. Sure, whatever.

You lose a game 2-1, refs or not, it happened.

It's not like Detroit was up 4-1 and they came back on penalties. I agree, the reffing in this game was piss poor, but fact remains:

We played like s*** for the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Reffing piss poor or not, SJ deserved to win this game.

As a very non-baised hockey fan (Admittedly, I do root Detroit), SJ was a slightly better team tonight.

I admit, Detroit lost a HELL of a lot of momentum being penalized all the time. I firmly also believe the referee's are in on the conspiracy, to make every series last as long as possible.

Uh, half the series went to magically game 7 first round, and half the series went to OT in the second round.

A lot of strange referee action across the league. But if you think Detroit is getting screwed, you should have watched the Vancouver/Chicago series. I have never seen EVER more horrible reffing than that series, for games 4-6. It was so biased and theatrical, I almost became a Vancouver fan, just to see them overcome it.

Yes...the refs are bais, and have a paycheck to fullfill. Yes, it happens.

However, Babcock knows this. The ENTIRE league of professionals knows this.

Is it right? No. But it's what happens when teams like Pittsburgh suddenly get a million goofy retard fans. THey see money and go for it.

Bottom line though, Detroit did actually just not play well. I mean yes, we played well enough to push it to OT, but we sucked at scoring, and most of our offensive lines did nothing. Don't get me wrong, SJ didn't exactly play well either. All things considered, scoring wise, it was fairly even balanced.....but SJ has a lot more chances in the 2nd and 3rd than Detroit.

SJ earned this game. It's *** that the refereeing eventually led to giving it to them, but they played better than Detroit most of the game.

Quit being naive, and assuming the outcome was entirely because of the refs. Sure, I too feel Detroit was basically made into the step childs of the game, but Detroit is a professional hockey team. Trust me, all of your opinions on refs are m00t compared to what they already know about them.

I agree, Pavelski is a diving *****.

I think he thinks he's in the NBA :) Fortunately for the NBA, they can just push themselves across the floor, for a penalty.

If you ever slo-mo, an NBA game, watch the penalties. I'll recap it for you:

Guy goes close, Guy 2 gets knocked on his ass from apparently the wind of previous guy, guy 2 lands on his ass and pushes himself 40 feet away and then acts like he got shot by a bullet, or actually a barrage of them. Penalty shot (Basket, whatever) ensues, that amazingly shot guy is perfectly ok to take :)

God, I hate the NBA.

But NBA reffing appeals to the idiots of america, and NHL reffing is following suit.

It's all about ratings, son. Ratings.

And I work for them, so I know a thing or two. Don't try to find me. I go to great care to be not found :)

Edited by Joey v3.4

Sharks 5 PPs last 2.5 periods - Wings NONE

Bert's boarding call happens 37 times in a game!! If that was boarding, what about the hit on Erickson in the corner? Joe #2 should have gotten a penalty for kneeing Howie in the head before the scrum. Take a look at the reply to the Sharks 1st goal. Why did they not even go to replay because it was VERY close to being knocked in with a high stick. My DVR was acting up and didn't rewind and go slow-mo. It was awfully close!!

Yeah, we were outshot by a big margin but it was damn near our turn to have a goalie steal a playoff game. Howie was GREAT!! Both goals he had no chance!

Same s***, different year!!

No, actually this stat line says it all for this game.

Shots: SJ 46; Det 25

Score: SJ 2; Det 1

They give up 46 shots to only 25 and you guys are bitchin about dives? 18 shots in the 2nd period alone? Sheeyaat.

Half way thru the 3rd my wife said "One goal isn't going to do it for this game. The Wings better pick it up". She was right.

Dive schmive, the Wings had no jump after the 1st period.

You got it man... Besides the 1st period its was all Sharks. How much time did we get hemmed into our zone in the 2nd period? The entire first 10 minutes was spent in our half of the ice. Niemi didn't seem to know what a puck looked like after a while and we still couldn't score on him on the few chances we were able to get it in that far.

Guest Grayne Wetzky

You got it man... Besides the 1st period its was all Sharks. How much time did we get hemmed into our zone in the 2nd period? The entire first 10 minutes was spent in our half of the ice. Niemi didn't seem to know what a puck looked like after a while and we still couldn't score on him on the few chances we were able to get it in that far.

Ok, I need to get the argument being made here clear.

Are you saying:

1) The penalties called were legitimate and a result of the Sharks outplaying us?

I could understand this argument to some degree, and I think this is a good topic for debate.

OR

2) The Sharks outplayed us, and therefore, it doesn't matter if the referees call illegitimate penalites against the Wings?

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Both goals were direct results of illegitimate penalty calls. It doesn't matter how poorly the Wings played, the referees decided this game.

The funniest thing about this whole "Wings played bad" argument is that they actually played well for the last 30 minutes of the hockey game. First period, the play was pretty even, with both teams having good chances. 2nd period, the Sharks DOMINATED for 16 minutes, and then the Wings took over the play for the last 4 minutes. 3rd period, the Wings were playing their trap perfectly and keeping the puck in the neutral zone for the first 10 minutes. Then the referees decided to get involved, and we know what happened after that.

Does anyone on here think that the Red Wings would have lost last night's game had the officials kept the whistles in their pockets for the 3rd period and overtime like they have done for the last 75 years in the playoffs? That's all I want to know.

Did you know, the Red Wings have not lost one single game in the last 10 years? Not one! They have been beaten by the refs though, on multiple occasions. Those games appear as "losses" in the standings because there's no other place to put them. The Wings have never beaten the refs, though, or won a game with their help. Must be some kind of Bush/Obama government conspiracy.

These penalties didn't cost the Wings the game, their lack of hustle did...

However, Pavelski is a ******* clown and his "shot in the back" embellishment on Bert's "boarding" call was beyond infuriating.

The ONLY questionable call was boarding on Bertuzi.

What about Pavelski following a puck to the net. Whistle blows and he gets back handed by Howard. Then both of them get roughing calls? REALLY??

The Sharks played strong last night. For the last 2/3+ of the game the Wings did not. It's that simple.

Last night, nobody dove or embellished squat. The better team won.

What about Pavelski following a puck to the net. Whistle blows and he gets back handed by Howard. Then both of them get roughing calls? REALLY??

The Sharks played strong last night. For the last 2/3+ of the game the Wings did not. It's that simple.

:lol: Says the Sharks fan!

esteef

Yea, maybe if the local homer crew actually rolled the clip 5 seconds past Howard hitting Pavelski, to the point where PAVELSKI PUNCHES FILPULA IN THE FACE. It was pretty obvious, but the Sharks announcers refused to acknowledge anything happened other than Howard facewashing the divequeen.

Yea, maybe if the local homer crew actually rolled the clip 5 seconds past Howard hitting Pavelski, to the point where PAVELSKI PUNCHES FILPULA IN THE FACE. It was pretty obvious, but the Sharks announcers refused to acknowledge anything happened other than Howard facewashing the divequeen.

Pavelski reacted after getting hit by Howard.

Bertuzzi should know better. What is the rule about contact on the back numbers of the sweater?

Refs had NOTHING to do with the game last night.

Pavelski reacted after getting hit by Howard.

Bertuzzi should know better. What is the rule about contact on the back numbers of the sweater?

Refs had NOTHING to do with the game last night.

LOL. And they say Red Wings fans are huge homers? This one puts the worst Red Wings homer to shame...