• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Have you ever seen.....

Rate this topic

Pavelski reacted after getting hit by Howard.

Bertuzzi should know better. What is the rule about contact on the back numbers of the sweater?

Refs had NOTHING to do with the game last night.

That's right, he retaliated and got a penalty for that.

It's ok man I don't expect much from sharks "fans".

Edited by vladdy16

The ONLY questionable call was boarding on Bertuzi.

What about Pavelski following a puck to the net. Whistle blows and he gets back handed by Howard. Then both of them get roughing calls? REALLY??

The Sharks played strong last night. For the last 2/3+ of the game the Wings did not. It's that simple.

Last night, nobody dove or embellished squat. The better team won.

If I recall correctly, wasn't it Joe Thorton who got an unsportsmanlike penalty last season for a snow shower?

The ONLY questionable call was boarding on Bertuzi.

What about Pavelski following a puck to the net. Whistle blows and he gets back handed by Howard. Then both of them get roughing calls? REALLY??

The Sharks played strong last night. For the last 2/3+ of the game the Wings did not. It's that simple.

Last night, nobody dove or embellished squat. The better team won.

Come on now, even the most self-respecting of Sharks fans would have to admit that their team was flopping around more than fish in the bottom of a boat on a fishing trip.

Two new NHL awards this year:

The Joe Pavelski Trophy which is a trophy awarded to "that player that best acts on ice to draw penalties so as to be worthy of a movie career."

The Devin Setiguchi Trophy which is a trophy awarded to the player that "takes a dive so good, you swore the team signed Greg Louganis to the roster."

Edited by Tman77

Sharks 5 PPs last 2.5 periods - Wings NONE

Bert's boarding call happens 37 times in a game!! If that was boarding, what about the hit on Erickson in the corner? Joe #2 should have gotten a penalty for kneeing Howie in the head before the scrum. Take a look at the reply to the Sharks 1st goal. Why did they not even go to replay because it was VERY close to being knocked in with a high stick. My DVR was acting up and didn't rewind and go slow-mo. It was awfully close!!

Yeah, we were outshot by a big margin but it was damn near our turn to have a goalie steal a playoff game. Howie was GREAT!! Both goals he had no chance!

Same s***, different year!!

Uh, no it wasn't. It wasn't even above Howard's chin when he was down, so there's no way it was even close to high sticking.

Datsyuk got a goal earlier this year that was at almost the exact same height.

Bertuzzi should know better. What is the rule about contact on the back numbers of the sweater?

what about late in the first or early in the 2nd when abdelkader got drilled from behind into the boards? i don't remember who did it to him, but it was about 10 times worse than what bertuzzi actually did.

You're high. As others have stated, it doesn't matter that the Sharks had more shots, or even if they played better overall. This game was not decided by the Sharks "better" play. Both of their goals came off very, very questionable calls in a mess of questionable calls.

So regardless of who played better, the Sharks were losing 1-0 and if we're looking just at stats and scoreboard, only scored because of those power plays on s***ty calls.

So yes, reffing did decide this game.

It's not even worth watching game 2. Seriously this crap is just going to continue. I would love to see the Wings take a hard penalty on Pavelski. I mean if you're going to take him might as well take him out. One hard 2 hander above the gloves would stop all that diving. The worst one by far though was the Marleau wrist cradle. Christ he barely touched him

It's not even worth watching game 2. Seriously this crap is just going to continue. I would love to see the Wings take a hard penalty on Pavelski. I mean if you're going to take him might as well take him out. One hard 2 hander above the gloves would stop all that diving. The worst one by far though was the Marleau wrist cradle. Christ he barely touched him

That's Bob Probert's philosophy. If he caught you diving, you would quickly learn that the next time you hit the ground, you wouldn't need to dive. I'm all for that big time.

Does anyone have the numbers for last year's penalties? Like the total for the series? I know they won't look AS bad because of game 4 last year, but i'm just curious what the totals were.

Game 1 Wings 16 Sharks 14

Game 2 Wings 20 Sharks 8

Game 3 Wings 12 Sharks 4

Game 4 Wings 33 Sharks 49 Take 20 minutes off for the misconducts for the Sharks and 10 for the WINGS.

Game 5 Wings 8 Sharks 8

The most telling stat though is the 5 on 3's 5-1 in favor of San Jose in addition to which the second penalty 3 out of 5 times involved Pavalski

Game 1 Wings 16 Sharks 14

Game 2 Wings 20 Sharks 8

Game 3 Wings 12 Sharks 4

Game 4 Wings 33 Sharks 49 Take 20 minutes off for the misconducts for the Sharks and 10 for the WINGS.

Game 5 Wings 8 Sharks 8

The most telling stat though is the 5 on 3's 5-1 in favor of San Jose in addition to which the second penalty 3 out of 5 times involved Pavalski

What did the Wings get misconducts for in Game 4??? It was mostly the Sharks that were starting crap.

that is interesting.... I closed followed Kings-Sharks series. Kings were given every opportunity to succeed. More PPs, questionable calls, including that game 7 forcing one 5 minutes PP in game 6. Sharks were simply head and shoulders better. Now they are facing the Wings and suddenly everything changed... Didn't watch game 1 and will not watch the rest of this. Our season already ended.

what about late in the first or early in the 2nd when abdelkader got drilled from behind into the boards? i don't remember who did it to him, but it was about 10 times worse than what bertuzzi actually did.

Thank you! I was watching Versus with the Sharks homer feed (convenient) and saw Abdelkader, perhaps about 3-5 feet from the boards when a Shark took a good run at him between the numbers and Abdelkader was shaken up a bit. Of course the crowd cheered, the refs called it a good play (convenient), and the Sharks homer TV guys didn't mention it. I know Rafalski and Cleary also received a similar run that was a lot worse than the bump Bertuzzi laid.

I by no means thought that the Wings played well for the majority of last night, and some may say the "better team" won, but they won by being gifted powerplays because of inconsistent officiating most likely because they were trailing as the home team. As TSN's Bob McKenzie says all the time "deserves got nothing to do with it". Wish the refs would have decided the Wings "deserved" it in 2006 when they outplayed Edmonton and still lost. Being the "better team" helped them WIN the game, but had it not been for the refs, they never would have TIED the game.

The refs let the Sharks hit numbers and aim high all night, not whistling jack, and then when the game was on the line late, they decided to call something less egregious than any of those in favor of the trailing team, which lead to the tying goal, AFFECTING THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME.

Used to be I would see penalties like that let go all game and think: "good, less penalties, less powerplays, they are letting the players decide it". Nowadays I think: "Let a hooking go on the opposition, the Wings will get called for a hooking to tie it. Missed a high stick drawing blood on the opposition, Wings will get a high stick to lose it. Let Holmstrom get slashed, cross-checked, punched outside the crease all game....."

Inconsistent (convenient) officiating ruins games, and it ruined one last night.

While there were some really weak calls throughout, they out shot us, and for a big part of the game, outplayed us in every way.

Honestly, Howard's penalty should have given them a power play. Pavelski was acting like a jerk, but he did not break a rule by sending the ice spray into Jimmy's face.

The Bertuzzi 'Boarding' call was weak, and the high sticking should have only been 2 minutes. That was a classic wrestling move, cut yourself open to show the blood.

It used to be a penalty.

Their diving means nothing if the Wings play a better game, and put the puck in the back of the net. It is frustrating to watch those two ******* Setoguchi and Pavelski, though.

Let's lay off the homophobic slurs, k?

Guest Shoreline

Let's lay off the homophobic slurs, k?

It wasn't a reference to homosexuality, relax.

Ok, I need to get the argument being made here clear.

Are you saying:

1) The penalties called were legitimate and a result of the Sharks outplaying us?

I could understand this argument to some degree, and I think this is a good topic for debate.

OR

2) The Sharks outplayed us, and therefore, it doesn't matter if the referees call illegitimate penalites against the Wings?

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Both goals were direct results of illegitimate penalty calls. It doesn't matter how poorly the Wings played, the referees decided this game.

The funniest thing about this whole "Wings played bad" argument is that they actually played well for the last 30 minutes of the hockey game. First period, the play was pretty even, with both teams having good chances. 2nd period, the Sharks DOMINATED for 16 minutes, and then the Wings took over the play for the last 4 minutes. 3rd period, the Wings were playing their trap perfectly and keeping the puck in the neutral zone for the first 10 minutes. Then the referees decided to get involved, and we know what happened after that.

Does anyone on here think that the Red Wings would have lost last night's game had the officials kept the whistles in their pockets for the 3rd period and overtime like they have done for the last 75 years in the playoffs? That's all I want to know.

The reffing was totally subpar, which is actually par for the course in the NHL. Nobody seems to know what a penalty is or what is not and yes, it's pathetic. Atleast it wasn't as bad as the "clipping" call on Albert's beautiful textbook hipcheck on Tootoo..

No the Wings wer not going to win that game if the refs swallowed their whistles. It was only a matter of time until Jimmy cracked because no one can withstand a barrage like that when your team is not giving the effort to help.

The first goal was a "direct result" of Kronwall coasting in backward letting Pavelski skate right the f*** around him for a clean shot at the rebound.

The winning goal was a direct result of abdelkader not being sure about what to do or where to go, so Ferrio skates over, takes the puck out from between Abby's legs and fires it on net. Stuart is so lethargic he skates aroound like a dumbass and doesn't even try to block Ferrio's shot. Instead he screens Jimmy's angle and spectates as the rookie gets his first ever playoff goal.

Both SJ goals were a direct result of a SJ player beating a Detroit player due to lack of effort by the Detroit player.

Yet, you guys don't want to discuss that; you'd rather talk about Buttman and conspiracy theories.

Edit: see for yourselves. (click the video camera icon next to each SJ goal)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2010030241

I'm huge Abby and Kronner fans, but I certainly hope Babs rips them a new one for those highlights. We as Red Wing fans need to take ownership of our team's mistakes and not cry about the refs like Pittsburgh and Vancouver fans do. Instead of this thread, there should be a 5 page thread about the mistakes Detroit made allowing SJ to hang around and win. Then late in the 5th page of the thread someone could mention that the reffing calls really didn't help either, and some else reply, "no, they really didn't" and that should be it. Quit bitching about the calls and fan up.

Edited by T.Low

LOL. And they say Red Wings fans are huge homers? This one puts the worst Red Wings homer to shame...

Really? Maybe you Red Wing Homers are blinded from the reality that SJ was better last night...

Drew Sharp: http://www.freep.com/article/20110430/COL08/104300389/1053/sports05/Drew-Sharp-Unlucky-deflection-Howard-s-big-night

“They were the better team,” said Mike Babcock.

That’s an understatement.

The Wings can’t blame the officiating. They got twice as many penalty minutes as the Sharks, 16-8, but that’s what happens when you’re constantly chasing the puck as the Wings were. They’re lucky the Sharks didn’t devour them whole considering how they dominated the puck, particularly in the second and third periods.

Who stated that SJ was the better team? A Sharks homer?